LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Lisovek on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:32 pm

To whomever it may concern,

I politely draw attention to the fact that the link on the video site YouTube is non-functional.
Code: Select all
http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=210

I hope that this will soon be corrected. Thanking you.
Last edited by Lisovek on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sacred daimons living upon the earth,
Noble spirits, protectors against evil, guardians of articulate mortals?

We'll certainly believe That.
User avatar
Lisovek
 
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Zup on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Well all you have to do is tell him to go to the Plaza hotel with his iphone handy and look for a QR code or something.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Lisovek wrote:To whomever it may concern,

I politely draw attention to the fact that the link on the video site YouTube is non-functional.
Code: Select all
http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=210

I hope that this will soon be corrected. Thanking you.


That's strange. The link works for me, and appears as
Code: Select all
http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=210
.

Anyway, I like the craigslist plan. Casts a wide net. Troper maps are good too. If one of you lead a charge on both of those, we might just get this done =)
User avatar
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin
 
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Victin on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Is there anyone planning to go there already?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby ree264 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

doubt i will, if theres one thing i will hate about this, you have to have someone who moves around alot?
Wake up, Eat Nyan Cat, Surf web for 12 hours, sleep on a goat, repeat
User avatar
ree264
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:07 pm
Location: Indiana Greenfield

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Lisovek on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Dear Persons,

Considering my location is distant from the recent sightings, will it be sufficient to use the map function of the LAYAR application? Or will the echo only be visible through the actual camera function, thus limiting its use to only those within a set distance from the event?

I await with trepidation for the advent of any new occurrences.
Sacred daimons living upon the earth,
Noble spirits, protectors against evil, guardians of articulate mortals?

We'll certainly believe That.
User avatar
Lisovek
 
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 am

Dude, you're creeping me out.
Why do we keep attracting these? :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Goldude on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 am

Dryunya wrote:Dude, you're creeping me out.
Why do we keep attracting these? :D

Be glad he isn't rEALITY.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
User avatar
Goldude
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:50 am

Goldude wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Dude, you're creeping me out.
Why do we keep attracting these? :D

Be glad he isn't rEALITY.


Those typing patterns are still creepy.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 pm

WMG: Lisovek is a puppetmaster.
No, really, I'm not trying to push an outdated in-joke: He speaks in character (dunno which one, though), and he found a piece of evidence a long-forgotten material. I'm suspicious. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Dryunya wrote:WMG: Lisovek is a puppetmaster.
No, really, I'm not trying to push an outdated in-joke: He speaks in character (dunno which one, though), and he found a piece of evidence a long-forgotten material. I'm suspicious. :gurt:


Seems legit.
Also, every new user goes through this background check anyway... Don't take this aganist us Lisovek. You do look like one.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Lisovek on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Dryunya wrote:WMG: Lisovek is a puppetmaster.
No, really, I'm not trying to push an outdated in-joke: He speaks in character (dunno which one, though), and he found a piece of evidence a long-forgotten material. I'm suspicious. :gurt:

Seems legit.
Also, every new user goes through this background check anyway... Don't take this aganist us Lisovek. You do look like one.

I realize that this will veer off the agreed upon topic, but I must reassure both, you, Pixelmage and you, Dryunya, I am not a 'Puppetmaster', as you fear. Perhaps, in time, I can win your belief in this matter. I say this in all seriousness.

On the topic in hand, was anyone able to operate the app at this Plaza Hotel? If so, perhaps they would assist others in how they used the application and what was observed. (I apologize if this intelligence has been released elsewhere on this online forum)
Sacred daimons living upon the earth,
Noble spirits, protectors against evil, guardians of articulate mortals?

We'll certainly believe That.
User avatar
Lisovek
 
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Should we start canvassing Craigslist?
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Zup wrote:Should we start canvassing Craigslist?

Would that help?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
User avatar
IslaKariese
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Maryland/Virginia

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Well, we need someone to use LAYAR in these areas. We know that if the app is used, the data is transmitted back to Mr. A. While I'm sure one of us would want to be there physically, we may not have that option since it's been a day now and no one has stepped forward to go to the Plaza hotel. Unless someone is willing to reach out to a relative or friend to check it out for us, we may need to enlist someone bored on craigslist to download the app and check it out.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Zup wrote:Well, we need someone to use LAYAR in these areas. We know that if the app is used, the data is transmitted back to Mr. A. While I'm sure one of us would want to be there physically, we may not have that option since it's been a day now and no one has stepped forward to go to the Plaza hotel. Unless someone is willing to reach out to a relative or friend to check it out for us, we may need to enlist someone bored on craigslist to download the app and check it out.


Has someone actually tried to make a craigslist ad yet? We can't delay much longer since the knowledge of these echoes has been out for awhile.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Adell wrote:
Zup wrote:Well, we need someone to use LAYAR in these areas. We know that if the app is used, the data is transmitted back to Mr. A. While I'm sure one of us would want to be there physically, we may not have that option since it's been a day now and no one has stepped forward to go to the Plaza hotel. Unless someone is willing to reach out to a relative or friend to check it out for us, we may need to enlist someone bored on craigslist to download the app and check it out.


Has someone actually tried to make a craigslist ad yet? We can't delay much longer since the knowledge of these echoes has been out for awhile.


I was hoping someone here would go and do it, but since no one spoke up, I'll get to work on those ads. I'll post a copy of them here for criticism. :D

Edit: Here, whaddaya think?

Hello, your help is needed in saving the universe! Okay, seriously, we're in the middle of an ARG (Alternate Reality Game) and we need someone to download an App to their phone (LAYAR, http://www.layar.com/) and check out the Plaza near Central Park. When you get close, the indicator will flash, and you have to press it. Then enter the password, "Gurt." If you see anything suspicious, alert us here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=210

This is not a joke, and we would really appreciate the help. Feel free to join us and help us solve the mystery!

For more info, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6AHT4u7H0&feature=plcp
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Seems good enough to me, unless anyone has anything to add.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:48 pm

I've posted them. If we need to add something, we can absolutely take it down and put a new one up. We'll see if any fishies bite.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 pm

The ads should probably mention that you need I run the Layar specific to the game -- the Echo Layar, I believe?
User avatar
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:The ads should probably mention that you need I run the Layar specific to the game -- the Echo Layar, I believe?


Not sure if it's a specific one but I know there's a password.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:The ads should probably mention that you need I run the Layar specific to the game -- the Echo Layar, I believe?


It looks like Mr.A has left an ad on craigslist as well, I found one in all caps asking them to go the plaza. Unfortunately we still don't have any takers.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Mr. Administrator on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:33 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Chief Wakamakamu wrote:The ads should probably mention that you need I run the Layar specific to the game -- the Echo Layar, I believe?


Not sure if it's a specific one but I know there's a password.


THERE IS A SPECIFIC LAYAR. IT MUST BE SELECTED FROM THE GEO MENU INSIDE THE AP.

THE PASSWORD WILL BE REQUIRED UPON FINDING THE ECHO, NOT BEFORE.
User avatar
Mr. Administrator
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Topics in this sub forum MUST remain on topic, no derailment will be tolerated. >8|
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Adell wrote:Topics in this sub forum MUST remain on topic, no derailment. >8|


Apologies, thought he might not see it somewhere else.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

PreviousNext

Return to Echoes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron