[FOUND] [WALL PIECE FOUND] Baltimore Library

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

[FOUND] [WALL PIECE FOUND] Baltimore Library

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Alright, so we have two echoes to deal with now. One in New York at the Grand Plaza and one in Baltimore at the Enoch Pratt library. We need to get on top of who's available to go to these things, or who we can recruit to do so for us.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: LAYAR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:53 pm

I'm working out how to get Layar (I'm not sure my phone is classified as a smartphone or not), but I'm also having issues with transportation. I don't own a car, my mother will not want to drive me there, and despite my being nearly 20 years old, she's pretty clingy about where I am and who I do (and don't) go with. It's fucking frustrating, but I don't know what to do here.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I'm working out how to get Layar (I'm not sure my phone is classified as a smartphone or not), but I'm also having issues with transportation. I don't own a car, my mother will not want to drive me there, and despite my being nearly 20 years old, she's pretty clingy about where I am and who I do (and don't) go with. It's fucking frustrating, but I don't know what to do here.

What about going with a friend? Would she really stop you from going an hour away if you went with other people? 8<
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Adell wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:I'm working out how to get Layar (I'm not sure my phone is classified as a smartphone or not), but I'm also having issues with transportation. I don't own a car, my mother will not want to drive me there, and despite my being nearly 20 years old, she's pretty clingy about where I am and who I do (and don't) go with. It's fucking frustrating, but I don't know what to do here.

What about going with a friend? Would she really stop you from going an hour away if you went with other people? 8<

You severely overestimate the number of friends I have. Not to mention she'd have to trust them explicitly, meaning they have to be related to me, she has to have known them for several years, they have to be an adult (as in older than 30, by her standards), or any combination thereof.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:06 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Adell wrote:

You severely overestimate the number of friends I have. Not to mention she'd have to trust them explicitly, meaning they have to be related to me, she has to have known them for several years, they have to be an adult (as in older than 30, by her standards), or any combination thereof.

Sounds kind of like my relationship with my mother when I was nineteen too :/ What about an Aunt or uncle or cousin of some kind?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Scarab wrote:Sounds kind of like my relationship with my mother when I was nineteen too :/ What about an Aunt or uncle or cousin of some kind?

We're pretty estranged from the rest of our family, and they wouldn't want to drive out an hour to some nondescript library either. I know it sounds like I'm digging for excuses, but this is seriously what my real life situation is like. It'd be so much easier if the thing was near where I am in Virginia, because I have so much more freedom at school and can take a bus or something, but at home I'm caged.
IslaKariese

Echo Location: Enoch Pratt Library, Baltimore

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Use this thread to continue the discussion of getting someone to the echo in Baltimore.

Also, let's keep these topics clean of derailment. it's important we stay focus and not lose these echoes like we did the notebook. Distractions won't be tolerated in this sub forum.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: Echo Location: Enoch Pratt Library, Baltimore

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Alright people, update: I'm home now (It's only good fortune that we have spring break at the moment), and I've told my Momma about the ARG and how much I like it, and even though she gave me the usual talk about being safe and stranger danger and doing stuff that someone online told me to do and getting my license after so long (you can see why I was reluctant before), there's a CHANCE that we MIGHT go to Baltimore sometime this weekend to the library.

Now I just have to figure out how to put Layar on my phone... can someone tell me if a Samsung Fascinate is a smartphone? It's... *looks* ...not in my purse... Goddammit! *sigh* Now I have to ask if Momma'd download it on her phone... or see if an upgrade works without the original. If we get around to it... Just... put this at the back of your minds for now, m'kay? I hate my life so much right now...
IslaKariese

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Samsung Fascinate is a smart phone, and as long as it runs android, you should be able to put layar on it =)
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Adell on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Alright people, update: I'm home now (It's only good fortune that we have spring break at the moment), and I've told my Momma about the ARG and how much I like it, and even though she gave me the usual talk about being safe and stranger danger and doing stuff that someone online told me to do and getting my license after so long (you can see why I was reluctant before), there's a CHANCE that we MIGHT go to Baltimore sometime this weekend to the library.

Now I just have to figure out how to put Layar on my phone... can someone tell me if a Samsung Fascinate is a smartphone? It's... *looks* ...not in my purse... Goddammit! *sigh* Now I have to ask if Momma'd download it on her phone... or see if an upgrade works without the original. If we get around to it... Just... put this at the back of your minds for now, m'kay? I hate my life so much right now...

This is wonderful news, though! Hopefully you'll be able to get to the echo, keep us posted. 8D
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Looks like someone got to this echo, so we can chalk this one up to "found." What we got was a full page from the comic http://xovr.twwf.info/i_ufecvhlv.php (put the password in Gurt to see it). I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm just making sure it's clear that the echo in this location has been successfully tapped into.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Adell wrote:Looks like someone got to this echo, so we can chalk this one up to "found." What we got was a full page from the comic http://xovr.twwf.info/i_ufecvhlv.php (put the password in Gurt to see it). I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm just making sure it's clear that the echo in this location has been successfully tapped into.

*sighs in relief* Okay, good. I was beginning to work myself up over trying to get myself to Balt somehow.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:27 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Adell wrote:Looks like someone got to this echo, so we can chalk this one up to "found." What we got was a full page from the comic http://xovr.twwf.info/i_ufecvhlv.php (put the password in Gurt to see it). I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm just making sure it's clear that the echo in this location has been successfully tapped into.

*sighs in relief* Okay, good. I was beginning to work myself up over trying to get myself to Balt somehow.

Haha, yeah, nothing to worry about now though it's good to hear that you still would have tried.

...There's always next time :mrgreen:
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Guys these are awesome. I have no idea what they mean or why they would be useful but... I just love comics. It's amusing these echoes came in that form.

Anyway, I've updated the post with links and finding credits =)
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Adell wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:*sighs in relief* Okay, good. I was beginning to work myself up over trying to get myself to Balt somehow.

Haha, yeah, nothing to worry about now though it's good to hear that you still would have tried.

...There's always next time :mrgreen:

*rolls eyes* Right. I'll just have to hope nothing Echo-worthy happens with Romeo and Juliet until late December when I'll (hopefully/fingers crossed!) have my license and can POSSIBLY go there myself. Or look up a bus schedule, if I get that lucky.
IslaKariese

Criticism on Metaguards and against Administrator prime

Postby Erik M Walton on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:51 pm

I suggest you let Nature Take it's Course. When i was new in town I used to look like an outcast, And after a year of service and doing jobs for the public. I was never looking like an outcast again. So in a nutshell THE ONLY FICTIONAL'S WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH IS THE CABAL. Then the cabal will not be a threat and other fictional's will adjust to this world

Edit: BAD NEWS - The Slender Man has been sighted in north attelboro town square on october 31'st On the sidewalk next to the Bank. Along with an operator symbol on the sides of the town clock At 1:00 AM
FREEDOM FOR FICTION - Whats not to like Signed - Saxton Hale
Erik M Walton

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 pm

...I'm now struggling with the desire to ban you.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 pm

I suggest you eliminate him, sir. But that's just my preference.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm

I'll see if I still have to in the morning.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Return to Echoes