[FOUND] Echo Location: Arby's, Seattle

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

[FOUND] Echo Location: Arby's, Seattle

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:11 pm

ANOTHER FICTIONAL HOTSPOT HAS BEEN DETECTED, THIS ONE LEFT BEHIND BY DON QUIXOTE: https://twitter.com/TheTrueQuixote/status/259670884896350208

The address is 2425 4th Avenue South, according to Tara Coulson's blog.

According to the Troper Map, we have a couple of people nearby.

EDIT: Retrieved
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Re: Echo Location: Arby's, Seattle

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:12 pm

It's about time we get something already. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby StarWarsMonkey on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:23 pm

JackAlsworth and Inukai44... i'll pm them
StarWarsMonkey

Postby Krika on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Added it to the map.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby The Finch on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Arby's: It's Real Good Food for Fictionals.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:44 pm

PM received. I don't have an iPhone or Android, but I know people who do. I'll throw a few lines out and see if I can hook someone.
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:46 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:PM received. I don't have an iPhone or Android, but I know people who do. I'll throw a few lines out and see if I can hook someone.

Awesome. You could be our first echo locator. ^_^ Can anyone think of a way to record what the echoes look like? If we do end up needing outside help from somewhere like Craigslist, a how-to video with an example of what we are looking for in it would work wonders. I would try, but I have no phone, let alone an intelligent one, so I know very little about the whole mess.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Awesome. You could be our first echo locator. ^_^ Can anyone think of a way to record what the echoes look like? If we do end up needing outside help from somewhere like Craigslist, a how-to video with an example of what we are looking for in it would work wonders. I would try, but I have no phone, let alone an intelligent one, so I know very little about the whole mess.

This is what Mr. A has on how to use it. We'll see what happens when someone actually gets on-site.
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:54 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Awesome. You could be our first echo locator. ^_^ Can anyone think of a way to record what the echoes look like? If we do end up needing outside help from somewhere like Craigslist, a how-to video with an example of what we are looking for in it would work wonders. I would try, but I have no phone, let alone an intelligent one, so I know very little about the whole mess.

This is what Mr. A has on how to use it. We'll see what happens when someone actually gets on-site.

I know that that vid is already there, but adding an example of what you will see when it happens would be nice. If it isn't possible, oh well. Just commenting that it might be useful.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Krika on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:11 pm

You could always just take a screenshot when you're looking at it, then post that up here.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Mr. Administrator on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:19 pm

THE ECHO PLACEMARKER FOUND IN LAYAR MUST BE TAPPED, AND THE PASSWORD (Gurt) ENTERED, IN ORDER FOR THE INFORMATION TO BE TRANSMITTED. AFTERWARDS, THE FINDINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Heh, heh, Gurt. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:THE ECHO PLACEMARKER FOUND IN LAYAR MUST BE TAPPED, AND THE PASSWORD (Gurt) ENTERED, IN ORDER FOR THE INFORMATION TO BE TRANSMITTED. AFTERWARDS, THE FINDINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE.

I have to ask, why can't we just take a picture of the place and use Layar on that?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Mr. Administrator on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:07 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Mr. Administrator wrote:THE ECHO PLACEMARKER FOUND IN LAYAR MUST BE TAPPED, AND THE PASSWORD (Gurt) ENTERED, IN ORDER FOR THE INFORMATION TO BE TRANSMITTED. AFTERWARDS, THE FINDINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE.

I have to ask, why can't we just take a picture of the place and use Layar on that?

THE ECHO IS ROOTED IN A LOCATION, NOT IN AN IMAGE. THE DEVICE CAN ONLY DETECT THE ECHOES WHEN YOU ARE PHYSICALLY NEAR THEM.
Mr. Administrator

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:THE ECHO IS ROOTED IN A LOCATION, NOT IN AN IMAGE. THE DEVICE CAN ONLY DETECT THE ECHOES WHEN YOU ARE PHYSICALLY NEAR THEM.

Lovely. And so my not having a license continues to bite me in the butt.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:36 pm

This Echo has now been found.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Inukai44 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:18 pm

I don't have a smart phone and I don't want my friends to download an app that they don't want
Inukai44

Postby Greyscale on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 am

Inukai44 wrote:I don't have a smart phone and I don't want my friends to download an app that they don't want

Someone found this one, so it's not important now. But if something comes up near you again, there are other ways you can help. Retweet the Echo Finder Service, post on Craigslist, etc. We can afford to get inventive.

Besides, the app seems pretty cool, and is useful for stuff other than just this game.
Greyscale

Return to Echoes