[FOUND] Echo Location: Legends, Kansas

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

[FOUND] Echo Location: Legends, Kansas

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:17 pm

New echo has been detected: https://twitter.com/YouHaveFailedUs/status/262737677135257600

The witch, who is currently in Kansas, mentions Legends in the post Mr. A links to.

Therefore, the echo is probably at this location:
1843 Village West Parkway, Suite C127 | Kansas City, KS 66111
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Echo Location: Legends, Kansas

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:07 am

Great, another echo I have NO TIME to get to. Isn't there anything online I can do to advance the story?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:00 am

You could ask your friends?
If you live near there, then chances are good that someone you know WILL have time to go. You never know.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Gonna contact my cousin like I mentioned in the chat room. Should have time later today. He probably won't respond though, so don't get your hopes up.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 pm

"OneWhiteConey" is a city away, it's possible he knows people in KC?
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby OneWhiteRabbit on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 am

I do know people in KC. I will see what I can do. I would make the trip myself, but it's 7 hours round trip and I don't have two days off in a row.
It's meat on a stick...so, yes.
OneWhiteRabbit

Postby Greyscale on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Yeah, there's probably a better way to handle it than driving 7 hours. Let us know what your friends say!
Greyscale

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 am

Yo all, good news. I happened to bring up the subject in conversation with my family and my mother immediately decided that it sounded fun. (That is important because her tablet is the only thing in the house that could run Layar) So yeah, we are currently planning a trip down to KC...

Unless something comes up, Mimsy and I should be able to get the echo up by this weekend.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 am

... Sicon is getting out to get the echo.
Your self-sacrifice will never be forgotten. :shock:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:46 am

Sicon112 wrote:Yo all, good news. I happened to bring up the subject in conversation with my family and my mother immediately decided that it sounded fun. (That is important because her tablet is the only thing in the house that could run Layar) So yeah, we are currently planning a trip down to KC...

Unless something comes up, Mimsy and I should be able to get the echo up by this weekend.

:shock: I.. Can't... Believe.
This is impossible! :shock:
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:53 am

Sicon112 wrote:Yo all, good news. I happened to bring up the subject in conversation with my family and my mother immediately decided that it sounded fun. (That is important because her tablet is the only thing in the house that could run Layar) So yeah, we are currently planning a trip down to KC...

Good for you, sir!
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby S_o_S on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am

... Does this count as the Godzilla Threshold?
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

If Sicon gets Meta-Knight status, he will be unstoppable.
I'm... wondering why picking up an echo seemed so fun to your mother.
Maybe she's a GM.
Actually, that would explain a lot-- such as why you seem to always think in similar ways to the GMs, why that IP seemed to be right on top of you, and why Holmes tole you to go clean your room already. ;)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:24 pm

:shock:
Sicon is going to the field...

I don't know what else to say... :shock:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Pixelmage wrote:

Sicon is going to the field...

I don't know what else to say... :shock:

Well, we're screwed? ;)

Good luck, Si!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Whatever happened on this front, Sicon?
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:Whatever happened on this front, Sicon?

Going on Sunday.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Cold front coming through tonight. Hopefully not much will happen for now, though if the weather gets bad, we may need to reschedule.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:32 pm

We need these echoes, Sicon. Become the troper equivalent of the US Postal Service!
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:We need these echoes, Sicon. Become the troper equivalent of the US Postal Service!

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor glares of Cabal stays this metaguard from the swift completion of his appointed rounds!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Scarab wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:We need these echoes, Sicon. Become the troper equivalent of the US Postal Service!

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor glares of Cabal stays this metaguard from the swift completion of his appointed rounds!

You just referenced my favorite book. Major karma points to you, madam.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Chief Wakamakamu wrote:You just referenced my favorite book. Major karma points to you, madam.

Ummmm... you mean Going Postal? Or a different book? Or the actual US Postal Service motto?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Chief Wakamakamu wrote:You just referenced my favorite book. Major karma points to you, madam.

Ummmm... you mean Going Postal? Or a different book? Or the actual US Postal Service motto?

Going Postal, of course. It's not the best book I have ever read, but it is the one I enjoyed the most.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Greyscale on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Greyscale

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:55 am

Hey, I'll do what I can, but if things get bad there isn't any way I'm getting permission to go, and my mother won't take anyone. Even in a best case scenario, I have to pay up about $80 in gas money, so... yeah.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to Echoes