REFICTIONALIZATION Q&A

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

REFICTIONALIZATION Q&A

Postby Mr. Administrator on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:22 pm

THE TIME HAS COME FOR US TO SHARE THE RESULTS OF OUR RESEARCH. WE BELIEVE WE HAVE DISCOVERED A RELIABLE METHOD OF SENDING THE CHARACTERS BACK. A SUMMARY OF THESE RESULTS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMALZkEmQFs

UNFORTUNATELY, AT THIS TIME, PREPARATIONS ARE STILL NECESSARY TO REFICTIONALIZE MOST OF THE CHARACTERS INVOLVED IN THIS INCIDENT. SOME REQUIRE MORE ECHOES TO PULL THEM BACK ACROSS THE WALL -- WITH OTHERS, MORE RESEARCH INTO A METHOD OF DELIVERY IS REQUIRED.

WE WILL MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER WHEN MORE FORMAL EFFORTS SHOULD BEGIN.

WE WILL ANSWER FURTHER QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD.
Mr. Administrator

Re: REFICTIONALIZATION Q&A

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Has Peter Pan or Adam F left an echo yet?

Is Cinderella behind the wall now?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:28 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Has Peter Pan or Adam F left an echo yet?

Adam's echo is in Chicago. See that thread for details.

Mr. Administrator: So we shouldn't get started on the refictionalization until specifically directed?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Mr A: What do we do once all the fictionals are safely behind the wall?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:33 pm

What is your opinion on the ones destined to have a sad ending?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:34 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:What is your opinion on the ones destined to have a sad ending?

He said to write a happy ending. That means we have reality warping level powers over what happens. It's only a tragedy if you make it one.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:What is your opinion on the ones destined to have a sad ending?

He said to write a happy ending. That means we have reality warping level powers over what happens. It's only a tragedy if you make it one.

good there are too many downer endings in fiction lately. I'm fed up with them
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 pm

So... I can write that Romeo murders his and Juliet's whole family of bastard manipulative self-centered humans and go have lots of kids in a farm somewhere as long as it is in Verona? Ok.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Mr. Administrator on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Mr. Administrator: So we shouldn't get started on the refictionalization until specifically directed?

THAT IS CORRECT. WE WILL INFORM YOU WHEN THE PULL OF THE ECHOES IS STRONG ENOUGH FOR A CHARACTER TO FACILITATE REFICTIONALIZATION, AND SUFFICIENT GROUND WORK HAS TAKEN PLACE IN ORDER TO PULL SUCH AN EFFORT OFF.

Sicon112 wrote:

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "ORIGINAL UNIVERSE" AND "ORIGINAL CANON." THEIR FATE DOES NOT NEED TO REMAIN THE SAME, AS LONG AS THE STORY WOVEN IS STRONG.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Pixelmage wrote:So... I can write that Romeo murders his and Juliet's whole family of bastard manipulative self-centered humans and go have lots of kids in a farm somewhere as long as it is in Verona? Ok.

*facepalm*
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Jeroic9 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Finally. I don't have a smartphone, so I'm glad I have the chance to do my part to send them home.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby Mr. Administrator on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:So... I can write that Romeo murders his and Juliet's whole family of bastard manipulative self-centered humans and go have lots of kids in a farm somewhere as long as it is in Verona? Ok.

*facepalm*

IF YOU CAN PULL OFF "ROMEO IS A MASS MURDERER" AS A BELIEVABLE, WELL WRITTEN ARC, THEN YES.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

*facepalm*

I second Sicon's opinion
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 pm

I thought that the Red-Italic OK was enough of a cue... Slilly me... :(

I meant to say that the boundaries of this method way too big. So long as one can craft well, one can do ANYTHING. It's very very very dangerous.
Pixelmage

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Okay big question. How does the Cabal stop us? Do they write some kind of counter story or what? It doesn't seem like they can do anything to stop us short of destroying you, and seeing as you are Admin of everything that seems unlikely.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Tohrinha on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Pixelmage wrote:I thought that the Red-Italic OK was enough of a cue... Slilly me... :(

I meant to say that the boundaries of this method way too big. So long as one can craft well, one can do ANYTHING. It's very very very dangerous.

I'm assuming Mr. Administrator will choose which of the stories succeeds, as in the Guardians? It's not the same case, but unless we send them back into multiple stories, something like this has to happen. So there's a bit of a safety net.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Hey. So I made this thread literally everywhere at once because... well, seems important.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Tohrinha on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:50 pm

What state do the fictionals have to be in so that they cross back over? (Namely, what happens if one is killed?)
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:58 pm

I'd say we put HAPPY endings for all the characters:

Cheshire goes back to Wonderland.

Poirot goes back to Egypt and runs off to his next case.

Holmes goes back to Victorian London, safely.

Sweeney is reunited with his wife.

Quixote goes back to his adventures.

The Witch flies home to her land in Oz.

Pan goes back to Neverland.

Adam goes back and is respected and accepted.

Romeo and Juliet- well, you guys think about the ending.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Mr. Administrator on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Tohrinha wrote:What state do the fictionals have to be in so that they cross back over? (Namely, what happens if one is killed?)

THAT SITUATION WOULD BE... UNFORTUNATE. OUR RESEARCH IS INCONCLUSIVE ON THAT MATTER.
Mr. Administrator

Postby Tohrinha on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Mr. Administrator wrote:
Tohrinha wrote:What state do the fictionals have to be in so that they cross back over? (Namely, what happens if one is killed?)

THAT SITUATION WOULD BE... UNFORTUNATE. OUR RESEARCH IS INCONCLUSIVE ON THAT MATTER.

We aren't going to get an answer on this unless something does go wrong. I don't recommend field trials.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 pm

So... How do we go about it then. Everyone writes his own entry and submits it in a free for all, or do we work collectively sampling everyone's works to come up with a single entry?
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Very well, what if the fictionals are unwilling to move over? Will resistance get in the way of our efforts, or will there be no change?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Tohrinha on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:09 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Very well, what if the fictionals are unwilling to move over? Will resistance get in the way of our efforts, or will there be no change?

He speaks of "pulling" them back through the wall, so I think that resistance will not be a factor.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Jeroic9 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Question, what of their experiences in the real world? Can how they may have grown or expanded since crossing over be used in the story, or will it lessen the potency?"
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Next

Return to General Discussion