Echo Investigation: The Peter Pan Statues

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

Re: Echo Investigation: The Peter Pan Statues

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:06 pm

It makes meta-sense, but they still have to come up with a justification.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm having trouble finding time to grab somebody with a smartphone, but I might be able to do it this weekend. But please, if someone else can grab it, that'd be great.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Zup wrote:I'm having trouble finding time to grab somebody with a smartphone, but I might be able to do it this weekend. But please, if someone else can grab it, that'd be great.

Sorry for sticking you in a bind again, Zup. You already did this once.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 pm

As I mentioned in the locator thread, I'm relatively close to one, it's only a little over an hour drive. Unfrotunately, without a smart phone I'll need to see if someone near me is willing to make the drive. I'll see what I can do, I'm already calling up some people I know.

Edit: I got someone. We're going in 2 hours. ;D
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby S_o_S on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Been back 48 hours and already beasting. Adell, you awesome person.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Dad is a hero. If you get it before I take an hour-long bus ride downtown, I will sing your praises for all of eternity.
(I notice someone worried in the chatroom that we'd have to get all of them. But don't worry, A's already stated that they're all the same. So get one = no more worrying.)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Wondrous! I eagerly await the inane tales that shall abound from the revealed letter.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Adell on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Retrieved.

The location yielded a 3d model of I guess tinker bell, and when clicked upon linked directly to the letter in question, I didn't have to input any password and I'm not actually sure if there was a url link or not, I just copied the text from my friends phone and emailed it to myself.

Here's what the letter said:

"Dear sir,

I have travelled to all of the locations you indicated and taken measurements using the device you have provided me. I still am not entirely sure what it measures, or why I have to keep pouring lime yoghurt into it, but no matter. Regardless, there have been no reactions at any of the locations.

Along with taking measurements I have followed your requests to observe the behaviour of anyone who spends time close to the locations. Whilst I have witnessed a variety of mundane interactions, there has been no untoward behaviour exhibited by anyone.

In short, regardless of geographic location both the measurements and my observations have yielded no results indicating that there is any activity of interest. If you are seeking some kind of disturbance that is related to these particular places, I am afraid that my travels have failed to yield the evidence you are seeking. There is no sign of anything other than stability here.

Have you obtained other data about this "collapse" you fear? If so, it is not corroborated by what I have investigated.

I am logging this from the most geographically remote location you indicated, after which I shall be travelling east to continue with the other task you have assigned me. However, this may take one or two additional days as I have become concerned that I am being followed. As a precaution, I will set this message to be accessible from all of the locations using our agreed-upon visual analysis tool.

Yours,

Agent X

P.S. You are going to comp my travel, correct? I have run up a considerable margin. Please let me know how we can go about reimbursing me. Thank you."

I don't think I'm liking what this is implying... D:<
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Victin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Adell wrote:Retrieved.

The location yielded a 3d model of I guess tinker bell, and when clicked upon linked directly to the letter in question, I didn't have to input any password and I'm not actually sure if there was a url link or not, I just copied the text from my friends phone and emailed it to myself.

"Dear sir,

I have travelled to all of the locations you indicated and taken measurements using the device you have provided me. I still am not entirely sure what it measures, or why I have to keep pouring lime yoghurt into it, but no matter. Regardless, there have been no reactions at any of the locations.

Along with taking measurements I have followed your requests to observe the behaviour of anyone who spends time close to the locations. Whilst I have witnessed a variety of mundane interactions, there has been no untoward behaviour exhibited by anyone.

In short, regardless of geographic location both the measurements and my observations have yielded no results indicating that there is any activity of interest. If you are seeking some kind of disturbance that is related to these particular places, I am afraid that my travels have failed to yield the evidence you are seeking. There is no sign of anything other than stability here.

Have you obtained other data about this "collapse" you fear? If so, it is not corroborated by what I have investigated.

I am logging this from the most geographically remote location you indicated, after which I shall be travelling east to continue with the other task you have assigned me. However, this may take one or two additional days as I have become concerned that I am being followed. As a precaution, I will set this message to be accessible from all of the locations using our agreed-upon visual analysis tool.

Yours,

Agent X

P.S. You are going to comp my travel, correct? I have run up a considerable margin. Please let me know how we can go about reimbursing me. Thank you."

Great Adell :D
Take these :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:
So this means Mr. A has a secret Metaguard, huh?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Adell wrote:Retrieved.

"Dear sir,

Yours,

Agent X

So... maybe we're wrong about the statues? But how can that be so?

Maybe Tinkerbell was just wrong?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby H22 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:07 am

I wouldn't say hidden, we've known of his agents for some time. The expenses bit is brilliant. Do you think X us referring to 4th wall pieces?
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:08 am

H22 wrote:I wouldn't say hidden, we've known of his agents for some time. The expenses bit is brilliant. Do you think X us referring to 4th wall pieces?

Maybe. I'm taking in account he's refering to the "Soft Places", but it could be it.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Adell, you're a hero. All my internets are belong to you. :gurt:
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Previous

Return to Echoes