[FOUND] [WALL PIECE FOUND] Echo Location: The Mayan, LA

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

[FOUND] [WALL PIECE FOUND] Echo Location: The Mayan, LA

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 am

Mr A has just detected a new echo. But this one's ... problematic?

Either way, it's at The Mayan, a nightclub in LA.

The Mayan
1038 South Hill Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015

EDIT: This echo is believed to be connected to the Cabal, and may prove key to refictionalizing them-- which is now an urgent matter.
Last edited by Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Echo Location: The Mayan, LA

Postby Krika on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 am

And apparently the Cabal has stolen it. Somehow. And the fact that Mr. A's face keeps appearing in the echoes seems to be important, and related to how it's been stolen.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:47 am

"Finally, an Echo I could actually pick up!

...Oh wait, no I can't, because it was stolen."

Thanks a lot, Cabal. :evil:

EDIT: Okay, it seems the Echo is still there, but the piece of the wall (which is separate from the Echo) has been stolen. So I still might be able to do something! :D
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Krika on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:01 am

Get it STAT, it may be the key to reficitonalizing at least part of the Cabal, and thus slowing them down as fast as possible.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am

I won't have a chance until Saturday, but I will definitely get to it as soon as possible. (If somebody else can get there sooner, I encourage them to do so.)
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:22 pm

narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Incredible! The Cabal was on the shattered cover!
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Compare the phantom on both:
http://xovr.twwf.info/i_qvlviJFm.php

http://xovr.twwf.info/i_LQ1nQG6k.php

Inconsistency, noticed.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:36 pm

I asked Mr. A about this. Let's wait.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 pm

"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:45 pm

I thought it was hair dye.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm willing to accept hair dye. In his own echo, his eyebrows are a different color than his hair, but the same color as his eyebrows in the Cabal page, as well as his hair.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 pm

I asked Mr. A if we could send any of the Cabal back now, but he said that this Echo is tied to Moriarty, so we don't have enough Echoes for any of the Cabal to refictionalize them yet.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 pm

After looking at the echo, I found a few things:

1: Moriarty's got a cracked cuboid in his hand. Could it be that he was the one who scattered the fourth wall pieces? If so, Mr. A was not lying after all.

2: He has a heavy looking cane. Could it have been used as a murder weapon in one of Poirot's earlier cases?

3: Leroux seems to be wearing a mask. We know that he used hair dye, but what about the cracked skin on his face? Could it have been his actual disfigurement or just another mask to hide something even more horrific?

4: There are some symbols, possibly Mayan, on the cracked ceiling. They're probably not important, but do they symbolise anything?

5:: Moriarty has long hair. Could he be the prosecutor? It is an extremely unlikely theory, but could it be?

6:: Erik has a massive sword. I wonder why?

7: Why does Morgana wear that band with a jewel set in around her head and why does she wear wristbands? Do they help her with her magic?

8: Were there any people in the nightclub? If so, HOW THE HELL DID THE CABAL SHOW THE CUBOID WITHOUT ANYONE NOTICING? Or did they use a private room?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:56 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:4: There are some symbols, possibly Mayan, on the cracked ceiling. They're probably not important, but do they symbolise anything?

The drawing of the surface above them strongly resembles the bottom of the overhang at the Mayan where I stood to get the Echo. I think its significance is probably limited to being an authentic background detail.

But one thing did occur to me: We might be heading toward a big event on December 21st, and this Echo being at the Mayan might be a little piece of foreshadowing.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:02 am

narrativedilettante wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:4: There are some symbols, possibly Mayan, on the cracked ceiling. They're probably not important, but do they symbolise anything?

The drawing of the surface above them strongly resembles the bottom of the overhang at the Mayan where I stood to get the Echo. I think its significance is probably limited to being an authentic background detail.

But one thing did occur to me: We might be heading toward a big event on December 21st, and this Echo being at the Mayan might be a little piece of foreshadowing.

If so... damn. Nice job on the plot here...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:57 am

Sicon112 wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:

If so... damn. Nice job on the plot here...

Agreed. Great work.
Althought the calendary is Aztezc, not Mayan
Victin

Postby Tohrinha on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Victin wrote:Althought the calendary is Aztezc, not Mayan

The calendar is Maya. The Aztec and Maya calendars are similar, but the Maya one is more precise. Come discuss this with me in the chat, if you like. :)
Rerailing now.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Return to Echoes