Finding the wall pieces

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Please don't scan the code. I think A has made it clear that we have nothing to lose from totally letting the Wall pieces lie until we've finished with the echoes and the refics, whereas we have a great deal to lose from getting more Wall Pieces as things currently stand, ranging from A's trust and friendship to the fate of all reality.

So please, let's leave the Wall pieces be for now.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Guys. I am disappoint.
I won't go into whether or not we should take the wall pieces, but I thought we agreed that Enlil's piece should be left alone for now, because it is the easiest to get if we suddenly have to do it. Not to mention that Batman found the Pony Bag piece right after that.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Adell on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:15 pm

I agree that our attentions should be focused on refficing the characters who are currently capable of being sent home. However, once Don and R&J are back home, it couldn't hurt to continue searching for them.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 am

Dryunya wrote:Guys. I am disappoint.
I won't go into whether or not we should take the wall pieces, but I thought we agreed that Enlil's piece should be left alone for now, because it is the easiest to get if we suddenly have to do it. Not to mention that Batman found the Pony Bag piece right after that.


It does not count as being "agreed upon" if you only ask the people who agree with it. I did not get a voice in the matter til later, so I refuse to accept it as the final decision. And I don't like the idea that your opinion, or any metaguard's opinion has the right to overwrite anyone else's opinions or choices. Enlil made the choice on his own, with some encouragement. Tram mentality does not mean that any one person gets to dictate everyone else. It means that no matter what happens, no matter what any one of us try to do, we stick together, even if we don't agree.

I'm sorry, but I'm getting very PISSED OFF with this "Nobody do anything until we talk about it" attitude that is developing. And then getting mad when somebody does something different than what YOU want to do. KNOCK IT OFF! Please! :evil:
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Adell on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:15 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Guys. I am disappoint.
I won't go into whether or not we should take the wall pieces, but I thought we agreed that Enlil's piece should be left alone for now, because it is the easiest to get if we suddenly have to do it. Not to mention that Batman found the Pony Bag piece right after that.


It does not count as being "agreed upon" if you only ask the people who agree with it. I did not get a voice in the matter til later, so I refuse to accept it as the final decision. And I don't like the idea that your opinion, or any metaguard's opinion has the right to overwrite anyone else's opinions or choices. Enlil made the choice on his own, with some encouragement. Tram mentality does not mean that any one person gets to dictate everyone else. It means that no matter what happens, no matter what any one of us try to do, we stick together, even if we don't agree.

I'm sorry, but I'm getting very PISSED OFF with this "Nobody do anything until we talk about it" attitude that is developing. And then getting mad when somebody does something different than what YOU want to do. KNOCK IT OFF! Please! :evil:


For the record, I would just like to state that NO ONE SHOULD FEEL PRESSURED INTO FALLING IN LINE. We discuss things as a group, but we are NOT dictating what actions everyone should take. In a perfect world, we'd all have one path to take, but we have many. Some players want to do one thing, others want to do another. THIS IS OKAY. Sometimes there isn't time to discuss, and sometimes there is, but no one is being forced to do anything. If you feel you must take action, than take action.

That is all. Back on topic, please.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:25 am

I am sorry Dryu, and anyone else I may have offended. I spoke under a fit of rage and it was very unjust and undeserved. I understand now that you have a right to be a little angry. After all, the whole thing took place at a time when you were unable to chip in. Maybe if you were there, you could've said something to keep it from happening. But then again, maybe not. We'll never know. But what's done is done. There's no point getting upset at anybody, not Enlil, not any of the metaguards, not the Cabal, or yourself. Again, I'm sorry for speaking out of line. I read too much into what you said, and then made things up on my own. It was not right of me. Sorry.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:30 am

...So can we all be friends and a tram again? Do I have to go around glomping people?

NO, seriously, I'll do it, I'll glomp everyone in this place at LEAST once via private PM, if that's what I have to do
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 am

I for one, believe this was a good development. We got a huge amount of information at very little cost, after all, the results as I see them are as follows:
  • The Cabal are now more willing to listen to us, or at least Morgan is. Which is still a plus.
  • Mr. A is now aware that we can and will move against him if we need to, this benefits us by forcing him to come up with better negotiation terms if he wants our loyalty.
  • We learned that we have the power to enact our Contingency Plan at the last minute, again, if we need to. That is, we don't need to rush the pieces, we can get them in the last day if Mr. A is unwilling to agree to our decision of sealing the Wall at the end of our deadline regardless of character presence.
  • As a note to the point above, Mr. A has agreed to consider our Contingency Plan, should he agree to it we'll be in a even better position, allowed to remove that worry from our list of to-do things.

From here, now, we have to set priorities. There are 17 days left. We need to send Don home at once. Poirot and Holmes are also willing to go and waiting on us. It would be a good idea to focus on the refics for now while we wait for Mr. A's reply on our Contingency Plan, both as a token of good faith to him (and counterbalance his feelings of being betrayed by us) and because we owe that much to the characters waiting to go home.

That's why I believe, myself, that Enlil's piece was a positive event. Of course this is all my opinion and I can't force anyone to follow my advice, but I do believe it to be a viable path.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Dryunya on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 pm

I got some information from Enlil about his wall piece. He said the owner told him that he thought he was supposed to leave the piece for the other players, but it turned out to be wrong, and the GMs are now working to get it to him.
So, if you are denied your right to the shard of reality, be firm and demand it. (When the reality will be collapsing, at least you'll have something to hold on to. :D )

And one more thing for those who encounter the pieces. I wanted to keep it secret from the GMs, but Batman have posted it, so there's no more reason to be silent.
Take the photo of the QR code, but do not scan it. This is the next best thing to securing the pieces. Unless the GMs consider it cheating (after all, they have a man to tell them if anybody actually touched it within the last hour ;) ), we may be able to use it to reintegrate the pieces the second it gets too hot.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby screenstorming on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Dryunya wrote:So, if you are denied your right to the shard of reality, be firm and demand it. (When the reality will be collapsing, at least you'll have something to hold on to. )


That's a beautiful piece of advice. :D
User avatar
screenstorming
 
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Victin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Could someone update me with the status of the wall pieces? I'm confused :?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Victin wrote:Could someone update me with the status of the wall pieces? I'm confused :?


So far as I know, there are three out of five pieces discovered.

One was found by the cabal, and returned to the fourth wall.
Another was found by us (specifically Enlil) and also scanned and returned to the wall.
The third we have located, and know where it is for future reference, but has NOT been scanned and returned to the wall.

Did I get that right, guys?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Dryunya on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I try to keep the status in the thread title, so I don't think there should be a problem.

The first one is found by the Cabal, and thus doesn't count.
This one is not found yet (we're waiting for the counter to come down to zero, but maybe that's not what we should do...)
This one is found, but not scanned.
This one is scanned.
This one is half-solved.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby H22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm

screenstorming wrote:
Dryunya wrote:So, if you are denied your right to the shard of reality, be firm and demand it. (When the reality will be collapsing, at least you'll have something to hold on to. )


That's a beautiful piece of advice. :D


*Goes to Customer Service Desk*

'Excuse me, I want a refund. I DESERVE this piece of reality! The customer is always right!'
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22
 
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Victin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Dryunya wrote:I try to keep the status in the thread title, so I don't think there should be a problem.

The first one is found by the Cabal, and thus doesn't count.
This one is not found yet (we're waiting for the counter to come down to zero, but maybe that's not what we should do...)
This one is found, but not scanned.
This one is scanned.
This one is half-solved.

I see. Thanks. But, while we are in the subject, what riddles to we have to solve to each one of them? (sorry, it's too hot here; I'm holding the Idiot Ball)
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Once we know the location, there are no more riddles. Getting the pieces and scanning the QR Code is as straightforward as it can be.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Victin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Once we know the location, there are no more riddles. Getting the pieces and scanning the QR Code is as straightforward as it can be.

So, all riddles are solved?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Victin wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Once we know the location, there are no more riddles. Getting the pieces and scanning the QR Code is as straightforward as it can be.

So, all riddles are solved?


I think we've solved 1 out of 2.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Victin wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Once we know the location, there are no more riddles. Getting the pieces and scanning the QR Code is as straightforward as it can be.

So, all riddles are solved?

Sydney's is pretty much solved, or so we think...
The theater one is the one we still have no clue as to where the piece might be.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Victin wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Once we know the location, there are no more riddles. Getting the pieces and scanning the QR Code is as straightforward as it can be.

So, all riddles are solved?

Sydney's is pretty much solved, or so we think...
The theater one is the one we still have no clue as to where the piece might be.


I don't remember solving Sydney. I though we still needed to e-mail the agent back with the answers to his questions, which I don't think we were able to do.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby Adell on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:38 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I don't remember solving Sydney. I though we still needed to e-mail the agent back with the answers to his questions, which I don't think we were able to do.


I believe the answers to the riddles were supposed to give us a location, his responses to our emails were automated. I don't think emailing him the answers would change anything? (unless I'm wrong of course :( )
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Finding the wall pieces

Postby JRPictures on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 am

Adell wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I don't remember solving Sydney. I though we still needed to e-mail the agent back with the answers to his questions, which I don't think we were able to do.


I believe the answers to the riddles were supposed to give us a location, his responses to our emails were automated. I don't think emailing him the answers would change anything? (unless I'm wrong of course :( )

Yeah that's the case with the emails and we still have nothing solid on the answers to the riddles as far as I am concerned, we have some ideas on where it is exactly but there's still nothing clear about it.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.


INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
User avatar
JRPictures
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Australia

Previous

Return to Echoes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest