[FOUND] King's Cross Station Wall Piece

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Keep in mind that a healer could also be a doctor. So if there are statues of religious doctors with books, that could also qualify. Though that hasn't helped me much, so I don't know how that would help you. Also, a station could mean something other than a train station. For example, I tried looking for the "Stations of the Cross" (That didn't help me either).

I think the thing is, we need to actually answer the questions. We can't just go, "Oh, there's a statue of a holy healer with books, that must be where the piece is". The riddle tells us specifically to name the man and the books. The next question asks to name the three sisters. So if the questions do lead to a location, then the location may be an address, along the format of (Name) (Number) (Name) (Name) (Name). The man's name could be the street name, then the number could refer to the street number, and the next three names may give us the town and country. Although that's not looking to be the case. But we can probably figure it out better if we can find that holy healer.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby GuestUser17 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 pm

FWIW my best guess yesterday was Dr. Jose Rizal. He had a religious upbringing, became a Dr. and wrote several books. His statue is next to Central station in Sydney and depicts him carrying a book. I tried emailing several responses but got the same automated reply each time. I am also unsure about the method to use the answers but am posting this in case it helps.
GuestUser17
Meta-Dark Knight

Postby screenstorming on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:15 pm

GuestUser17 wrote:FWIW my best guess yesterday was Dr. Jose Rizal. He had a religious upbringing, became a Dr. and wrote several books. His statue is next to Central station in Sydney and depicts him carrying a book. I tried emailing several responses but got the same automated reply each time. I am also unsure about the method to use the answers but am posting this in case it helps.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo ... /139841297
http://genaro.aminus3.com/image/2010-09-09.html

(Hardly "atop!")

Rizal wrote:
Noli Me Tangere (Touch Me Not)
El Filibusterismo (Penguin Classics)

He had 9 sisters:
http://www.joserizal.ph/fm01.html
SATURNINA, NARCISA, OLYMPIA, LUCIA, MARIA, CONCEPCION, JOSEFA, TRINIDAD, SOLEDAD
screenstorming

Postby H22 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Noli me tangere: Jesus to MARY Magdalene.
I don't know of her family.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby JRPictures on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 pm

I consulted Morgana on the matter and got this:
Dearest Jon,

I asked James his opinion on this, as he is better at riddles than I am. Our searches for the answers proved futile. However, James believes that it may involve physically going to those locations and doing as the riddles ask. Counting the books and whatnot.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. And thank you for putting your time into this; we truly appreciate all of your efforts.

Morgan

So yeah it's progress and that state library near St James Railway Station could be where I count the books of the identity of the Holy Healer or something along those lines.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 pm

OneSteve wrote:The holy healer stands alone, a-reading 'top the station. Both name the man and count the books - we'll reward your fascination.

My guess: the man's name is the street, the books' number is the house number. The second riddle shows a more precise location.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:14 am

Morgana's response to my last email:

Dearest Jon,

While I appreciate the level of thought you are putting into this, I believe you may be overthinking things. From what I can tell, the agent's email is no longer set to an autoresponder. Perhaps you are supposed to email your answers to him.

Sincerely,

Morgan

BOO YAH
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby JRPictures on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Agent X's response: (I double posted since editing my last post won't get your attention.)
Really? Mr. A is sending people to retrieve them already? Well, okay. I was under the impression it would take longer. It took a lot of effort to move these, you dig?

For the second, I don’t know man, have you been to that cemetery? I don’t think what you think is buried there is buried there.

As for your first answer… uh, Mr. A didn’t really set a clear policy on hints… I was under the impression that the people he sent would know to go to the station to figure it out. I don’t think he would want me just telling you.

My original email:
From what I understand you’re no longer automated, so I’ll provide my attempts at answers to your riddles.

Riddle 1:
The holy healer stands alone, a-reading 'top the station. Both name the man and count the books - we'll reward your fascination.

One Troper suggested: "My guess: the man's name is the street, the books' number is the house number. The second riddle shows a more precise location.
But my theory is that counting the books could be related to a state library near St James railway station?

Riddle 2:
Once Saint Mary rested here, now in a wall remembered. Name for me three sisters near, rewards will be engendered.

Would this have anything to do with Mary MacKillop and her own three sisters Annie, Lexie, and Maggie, with a memorial of her in the Memorial Wall.
And if you can provide any further clues that will also be very much appreciated.

As it seems Agent X doesn't know of recent events and as It seems I'll just have to go to the area which I'm guessing is St James Railway Station or Kings Cross to find anything further.

(Meta: The GMs don't want me finding it yet which is ok but I just want to know the location)
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby H22 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:50 pm

JRPictures wrote:Well I gotta resurrect this thread so far. We need to get this solved.

So here's the theories me and my mum and sister built up:
* One location could be here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_James_r ... on,_Sydney or in the State Library near it.
* It might be in St Marys: http://www.greaterbluemountainsdrive.co ... dw=9064913
* Or Mary Mackillop as mentioned earlier:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:The Gore Hill Cemetary housed the remains of St Mary Mackillop, an Australian saint, before they were removed to a Memorial Wall.

So far it's good progress.

I'll admit I'm a bit confused about number 1. St. James Boanerges the Greater, son of Zebedee, (after whom this station is named (my Internet digging revealed (i.e. Wikipedia(I love embedded brackets)))) is not by any means a healer. I agree with Wacky, it might not be a station. Also, surely there are other saint-named-stations in Sydney?
H22

Postby H22 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 am

Hold on. The wall piece is surrounded by art. That doesn't sound much like a cemetery....
H22

Postby Adell on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:05 pm

H22 wrote:Hold on. The wall piece is surrounded by art. That doesn't sound much like a cemetery....

Maybe the riddles refer to paintings/other forms of art, then?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby H22 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:22 pm

A film, a play, a musical, a commemorative portrait by Charles Bilich, and a Vatican Museum exhibition connected with Aboriginal art in her honour.
If there is something in the Holy See, I feel very jealous of the metaguard who gets to go.
H22

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Okay, I see that Batman tweeted Mr. A about finding the final wall piece.

But...Where? Can someone please clue me in?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Presumably Batman HAS HIS WAYS.

...Frankly, I'm fine with him not saying more about where/how he/his people found it for now if he doesn't want to; after all, none of us should be going for it until after the refics anyway and we don't want the Cabal to try. Once that's all done with we can press him for further explanation of his brilliance.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm not going for should or would stuff.
But we know he holds that info, so we can either trust him to keep it/share it as he sees best. Or we go on to locate it ourselves regardless (somehow? xD).

Personally, I choose to trust Batman. It's not like he's hiding that he located it anyway, and if he intended to scan it without our input he would have done so already.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby GuestUser17 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Just to clarify - I was able to locate the piece without solving the riddles based on previous wall piece locations but it is not able to be retrieved until the riddles have been solved. The piece is safe for the time being until we can solve the riddles, and they are proving harder than I anticipated. :)
GuestUser17
Meta-Dark Knight

Postby Adell on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm

GuestUser17 wrote:Just to clarify - I was able to locate the piece without solving the riddles based on previous wall piece locations but it is not able to be retrieved until the riddles have been solved. The piece is safe for the time being until we can solve the riddles, and they are proving harder than I anticipated. :)

Interesting, why are the riddles necessary? Are you actually required to give the answers to someone?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby GuestUser17 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm

AgentX has turned off the automatic response and will reply to attempts to answer the questions. I know you have to solve the riddles because the store owner told me.
GuestUser17
Meta-Dark Knight

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Anti-Sequence Breaking mechanism everyone. It's simple. We're not supposed to know where the piece is until we get the riddle right, so even if we can get to it, we need the "authorization" to access it. So to speak.

The same way Mr. A asked for a in-layar screenshot for one of the echoes, to make sure someone was actually there.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:44 pm

I have no idea how you even pulled that off. I mean, finding the piece without solving the riddle? I think Batman has infiltrated the GMs' men. ;)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 am

Dryunya wrote:I have no idea how you even pulled that off. I mean, finding the piece without solving the riddle? I think Batman has infiltrated the GMs' men. ;)

Wait what?
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 am

Okay, we need to solve these riddles NOW and get JR (or somebody else, but probably JR) to collect the wall piece. So... where are we? A healer/doctor/something who has books? A cemetery but I think we were casting doubt on that idea?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 am

OKAY GUYS. This has been brought up in the chatroom, but it needs to be said here.

With the arrival of Cthulhu, we need to obtain and scan that Wall Piece STAT.

JR-- I believe your email from X said you have to go to the station in order to get the answer for that part? So do you know which station for sure (with a statue of the 'holy healer'), or should we still be cracking our heads on that?

GuestBatman-- I know we can't get the piece from the location without the answers, but would you mind sharing the location anyways, now that it's urgent? I'm thinking we might be able to figure out the answers to the riddles by working backwards, since the answers are supposed to LEAD us to the location.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby JRPictures on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 am

narrativedilettante wrote:Okay, we need to solve these riddles NOW and get JR (or somebody else, but probably JR) to collect the wall piece. So... where are we? A healer/doctor/something who has books? A cemetery but I think we were casting doubt on that idea?

Well I'm the only one available so yeah me.

I just sen an email to Agent X asking for a further clue or riddle that can give us a solid answer and it better work.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby JRPictures on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:56 am

Double posting to confirm a location from Agent X for the second puzzle:

Go to gore hill cemetery. There you will find what you need for the second puzzle.

Edit: Posted chat part here to remember details or data in BOLD.

JR (Suffering A Meta BSOD)
So..I'll have to go to gore hill cemetery and find Mary's resting place

Qara-Xuan Zenith [CTHULHU'S COMING]
or something there about her three sisters

But that was moved to the Memorial Wall

Lexy, Maggie, and Annie

So her three sisters but didn't we already name them?

yes

but you have to GO to the cemetary

so either there's an obvious clue there with something relating to her sisters

Once Saint Mary rested here, now in a wall remembered. Name for me three sisters near, rewards will be engendered.

That's the riddle

or there's someone there in the know you're supposed to TELL the sisters' names to

and he'll give you a piece of information

"NAME FOR ME"

But we already named them unless..

there's something else

You have to GO THERE

and name them

I understand that

but I already named them why should I bother going there

so again, there's either someone there to tell, or something there to input the names in

*sigh*

I'll still go I just find this confusing
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Echoes