[FOUND] King's Cross Station Wall Piece

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

[FOUND] King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby GuestUser17 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 pm

http://xovr.twwf.info/tWcyEEsJ.html

The piece has been moved from King's Cross station and you can email AgentX to get a couple riddles to lead to its new location.
GuestUser17
Meta-Dark Knight
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Awesome GU17. :gurt:
Also, come on, Sydney?! :shock: I don't think we have people there...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 pm

First off: Thanks, 17! You're awesome.

Secondly: I'm really tempted just to fire off an email and see what happens, but the agent has every reason to be suspicious of random people peppering his inbox with questions, and experience has taught me not to go off half-cocked. Should we make a plan for this, or should we free-for-all and see what happens?

Also: GODDAMNIT MORE RIDDLES AAAAAAAAA *huff* *huff* breathe...

RE: Pixel: JR's place on the Troper Map puts him 20, 25 miles from Sydney. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, JR.) I think the GM's are trying to get more of us involved.
User avatar
JackAlsworth
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Western Washington State

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm not emailing anyone today. I don't want to unwittingly cause another fiasco, so don't worry about me going rogue on that. If it's a free for all I may help with the puzzle if it is something I understand, but I'll not open another email contact line now.

Well, as for Sydney, I know JR is near-ish, as in, in the same country at least. But even a neighboring city can be off limits to some, so I wouldn't count on him being able to get there before he says so. xD
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby OneSteve on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 pm

well, I emailed the guy just for the hell of it, and got this:

Riddle 1:
The holy healer stands alone, a-reading 'top the station. Both name the man and count the books - we'll reward your fascination.

Riddle 2:
Once Saint Mary rested here, now in a wall remembered. Name for me three sisters near, rewards will be engendered.

looks like we've got some crypto to get cracking!
I have just broken the One Qara Limit!
User avatar
OneSteve
 
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Adell on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:03 pm

OneSteve wrote:well, I emailed the guy just for the hell of it, and got this:

Riddle 1:
The holy healer stands alone, a-reading 'top the station. Both name the man and count the books - we'll reward your fascination.

Riddle 2:
Once Saint Mary rested here, now in a wall remembered. Name for me three sisters near, rewards will be engendered.

looks like we've got some crypto to get cracking!


Nice work dude, glad we got the riddles swiftly! Next time though give the rest of us a heads up. The others were being cautious about whether to email the account or not. I don't mind personally since we're fast approaching the deadline and needed action, but things go smoother when we're aware of each other and what we're planning to do.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby H22 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Well, the holy healer reminds me of the Seven Holy Helpers, oromething like that.
St Mary and a wall... weird.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22
 
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:28 pm

I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby H22 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:33 pm

If this Mary has to have RESTED there...I fthe' one thing I do know, it's that the church is hardly lacking in Maries.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22
 
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 pm

The Gore Hill Cemetary housed the remains of St Mary Mackillop, an Australian saint, before they were removed to a Memorial Wall. (ah, the wonders of the internet)

I think this is a lead.

Further research tells that MacKillop had 3 sisters: Annie, Lexie, and (with a little more digging) Maggie.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:35 pm

"Holy healer" sounds like it would refer to a saint. Atop a station of some kind, possibly a train station? The wall piece was originally at King's Cross station. Is there a statue at King's Cross, or possibly on a train station somewhere in Australia? The riddle might be pointing us to a location, but we could also just be trying to solve the riddle and give the answers to the Agent and then get the next bit of info from him (whether more riddles or actual details). And it sounds like the saint's got multiple books with him.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby H22 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Wiki patron sts of ailments etc. might help. Hilarious list. I apparently should be depending on Bernadino of Siena. Good to know.to
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22
 
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby JRPictures on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:RE: Pixel: JR's place on the Troper Map puts him 20, 25 miles from Sydney. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, JR.) I think the GM's are trying to get more of us involved.

Pixelmage wrote:Well, as for Sydney, I know JR is near-ish, as in, in the same country at least. But even a neighboring city can be off limits to some, so I wouldn't count on him being able to get there before he says so. xD


Guys I live near Sydney enough to make it there. I can do something very useful for once.

So I'll need to grab the Layar app right? And scan it for the piece.

(I guess the GMs listened to my plea of the Chatroom then.)

I also emailed for further riddles or clues to the location.

When I can make it to the location depends on where it is mostly. If it's a bit far I'll have to go on the weekend but I have my mum and sisters help anyway to do so.
Last edited by JRPictures on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.


INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
User avatar
JRPictures
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Awesome! :gurt:
This piece shouldn't be an issue then. Question is, will we get them now or after we refic everyone? Because even if you can get them today, it would be bad to seal the wall without sending the characters home and we have sure access to 2 pieces already.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Well, Enlil already got the Pittsburg piece, so we got all the intel as to the process. We just have to decide when to go for this one.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby JRPictures on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm

So as I've heard Mr. A got pissed over Enlil collecting that Wall Piece and that we should stop doing so until we refic everyone, which is fine with me.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.


INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
User avatar
JRPictures
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Scarab on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:30 am

JRPictures wrote:So as I've heard Mr. A got pissed over Enlil collecting that Wall Piece and that we should stop doing so until we refic everyone, which is fine with me.


I think we were sorta keen on going with that idea anyway - just find where they ARE so we can get them quickly if it's urgent.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby JRPictures on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:25 am

Well I gotta resurrect this thread so far. We need to get this solved.

So here's the theories me and my mum and sister built up:
* One location could be here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_James_r ... on,_Sydney or in the State Library near it.
* It might be in St Marys: http://www.greaterbluemountainsdrive.co ... dw=9064913
* Or Mary Mackillop as mentioned earlier:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:The Gore Hill Cemetary housed the remains of St Mary Mackillop, an Australian saint, before they were removed to a Memorial Wall.


So far it's good progress.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.


INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
User avatar
JRPictures
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 am

JRPictures wrote:Well I gotta resurrect this thread so far. We need to get this solved.

So here's the theories me and my mum and sister built up:
* One location could be here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_James_r ... on,_Sydney or in the State Library near it.
* It might be in St Marys: http://www.greaterbluemountainsdrive.co ... dw=9064913
* Or Mary Mackillop as mentioned earlier:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:The Gore Hill Cemetary housed the remains of St Mary Mackillop, an Australian saint, before they were removed to a Memorial Wall.


So far it's good progress.


Can somebody please explain how these locations were solved, because following the thread, it just looks like you chose these places at random.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby screenstorming on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:24 pm

I came up with the same locations by googling. But I didn't get the sense that they really "clicked" with the riddle.
User avatar
screenstorming
 
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:30 pm

The email was set to auto-reply, so emailing the answer to get a Yay/Nay will probably not work, unless they turned the auto-reply off for this instance which [Meh, Meta + Technobabble]...

Anyway, unless we come up with a way to verify the answer, I'm afraid we can't really know if we solved it or not...
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 pm

screenstorming wrote:I came up with the same locations by googling. But I didn't get the sense that they really "clicked" with the riddle.


What did you google? I've been trying to use google fu to solve the first question for hours, and came up with nothing useful, and I sure didn't come up with those locations.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby screenstorming on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
screenstorming wrote:I came up with the same locations by googling. But I didn't get the sense that they really "clicked" with the riddle.


What did you google? I've been trying to use google fu to solve the first question for hours, and came up with nothing useful, and I sure didn't come up with those locations.

Stuff like Sydney, statue, and station.

Here's another one... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Victoria_Building -- not exactly a healer, nor is the statue atop the station.

EDIT: Or here's a list of a whole network of stations in Sydney... I didn't see a statue in any of the thumbnails. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ci ... y_stations
Last edited by screenstorming on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
screenstorming
 
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:50 pm

I still don't understand how any of those locations answer the first question. Where is the holy healer with the books? I'm seriously missing something.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: King's Cross Station Wall Piece

Postby screenstorming on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:21 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I still don't understand how any of those locations answer the first question. Where is the holy healer with the books? I'm seriously missing something.


Yeah, good question. I basically went off on a tangent based on this:
narrativedilettante wrote:"Holy healer" sounds like it would refer to a saint. Atop a station of some kind, possibly a train station? The wall piece was originally at King's Cross station. Is there a statue at King's Cross, or possibly on a train station somewhere in Australia? The riddle might be pointing us to a location, but we could also just be trying to solve the riddle and give the answers to the Agent and then get the next bit of info from him (whether more riddles or actual details). And it sounds like the saint's got multiple books with him.


But I am pretty stumped overall.
User avatar
screenstorming
 
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Next

Return to Echoes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron