[FOUND] Echo Investigation: Central Park

"By their very nature they leave behind Echoes, soft spots where their tropeish behavior weakens the boundary between fiction and reality."

[FOUND] Echo Investigation: Central Park

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:03 am

So based on Juan's information, there MAY be an Erik echo at Central Park, in New York. (Unless someone who knows New York better can read something in from that article, there's no more specific location detail for this one.)

If someone could get there to scan it with Layar to find out, that would be great.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Echo Investigation: Central Park

Postby BlackWolfe on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 am

I've never even been to New York, and I know that Central Park is huge. If it's a Phantom echo, however, one might check around the Delacorte Theater. It's a theater.

I mean, really, there is definitely not a lot of information in that article other than "central park" (huge) and the vigilante calling himself "the Phantom." :(
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby GuestUser17 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 am

Layar has a 0.2 mile radius so you could probably drive or walk the perimeter of the park to detect it. I have a co-worker that goes for a run in that area sometimes so let me see if he could run through the park with his smartphone unless we have someone else here that could go.
GuestUser17
Meta-Dark Knight

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 am

GuestUser17 wrote:Layar has a 0.2 mile radius so you could probably drive or walk the perimeter of the park to detect it. I have a co-worker that goes for a run in that area sometimes so let me see if he could run through the park with his smartphone unless we have someone else here that could go.

..Jesus CHRIST Batman, HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS? :shock: (And yes please, thank you <3)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby GuestUser17 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 am

I remember him posting pictures of the line outside the Apple store when he was on a run so I know he runs there. Besides - there is a batman logo on there! ;)
GuestUser17
Meta-Dark Knight

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 am

GuestUser17 wrote:I remember him posting pictures of the line outside the Apple store when he was on a run so I know he runs there. Besides - there is a batman logo on there! ;)

...But of course. How foolish of me not to realise the connection
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Has someone already made the Meta-Dark-Knight joke? Because if not, I'm making it.

Anyway, I like GU17's idea of a perimeter walk, but can anyone else think of a way to narrow down the search area from "a bigass park"?
JackAlsworth

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:Can anyone else think of a way to narrow down the search area from "a bigass park"?

Well, we can suggest to the detectives that they use the refic-leverage they have to ask Juan if he can be a little more specific, since "Central Park" isn't so helpful to us.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:This post was here before I moved it. ~D

ANYWAY, re-railing, what do people think about writing to the detectives to ask Juan for more specificity? Worth a shot? Or wait and see if we can get it without?

I honestly don't believe there's any more for Juan to give. He was going off of a hunch as it is. I doubt he'll be able to give us more specifics. Every thing we need should be in that article. Also for meta reasons, I don't believe the GMs would give us this much information only for it to not be enough. A full perimeter sweep, as well as checking near that batman logo, should give the meta-knight the ability to find it.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:40 pm

If I was near Central Park, I wouldn't mind walking around it for a while seeing if I could detect anything. But I don't think that's a reasonable thing to ask somebody else to do. So I say we ask the detectives to see if we can get a more specific location.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby GuestUser17 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:46 pm

GuestUser17
Meta-Dark Knight

Postby Victin on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:48 pm

GuestUser17 wrote:I like this one ;) - http://xovr.twwf.info/i_kkpdfvgl.php

:0
GuestUser17 is the Phantom!
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 pm

And we have yet another haircolor for phantom!

Awesome GU17. :gurt:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Pixelmage wrote:And we have yet another haircolor for phantom!

I'm pretty sure that's the same color from the Cabal group shot from the cover. Am I just seeing it wrong?
JackAlsworth

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Eh, you right, I guess.
It's just a darker shade, but the whole scene is dark... so... :oops:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Badass Longcoat, Scarf Of Asskicking, Malevolent Masked Man, Mook Horror Show, Cool Mask or any number of other tropes.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: [FOUND] Echo Investigation: Central Park

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:03 am

1. A random thug is following us... His Approval Fills Me With Shame. :evil:
  2. We have another comic shard.
  3. Phantom is BADASS. :D That needs to be his image.
  4. A possible trope no one mentioned: Oh Crap. Srsly, his face! And it's on the shard.
  5. Batman is an Ascended Meme all right. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby SOHCAHTOA on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 am

This is the best echo as of yet :D

On a side note, anyone else notices that the guy's hair is purple? Plus, on the second panel he appears to have fangs, and his face (eyes and mouth) doesn't seen to match between panels. Of course, that's all irrelevant. But it would eat me not to point this out.

Finally: Phanton's sword is really wacky.
I'm back, not that anyone cares.
SOHCAHTOA

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

SOHCAHTOA wrote:This is the best echo as of yet :D

On a side note, anyone else notices that the guy's hair is purple? Plus, on the second panel he appears to have fangs, and his face (eyes and mouth) doesn't seen to match between panels. Of course, that's all irrelevant. But it would eat me not to point this out.

Finally: Phanton's sword is really wacky.

I think he just likes varying his appearance, or something. Probably good if he's, you know, being some kinda vigelante on the side.

Secretly, I think that blonde lady there might be his Girlfriend in Swede, but that's just because I think it would be tropically appropriate.

Tropically is like topically, only with tropes. New word.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:02 pm

SOHCAHTOA wrote:Finally: Phanton's sword is really wacky.

To elaborate on this point, because I can, I discussed in the chatroom how, from the angle of observation (which is admittedly strange) its blade seems to be half falchion, but with an atypically sharp curve near the end, almost like a scimitar. Plus, it seems to contain elements of a hooksword too, since I think i can see a blade on the inside of that curve all the way down to that little barb.

No point to this post, but swords are interesting.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby S_o_S on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Holy crap, that is too cool. Are we SURE that the trope isn't Pre-Asskicking One Liner? Cause I might use that anyway...

... Even if it HAS been confirmedas Lightning Reveal. With Elephants.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Dryunya wrote:
  1. A random thug is following us... His Approval Fills Me With Shame. :evil:
  2. We have another comic shard.
  3. Phantom is BADASS. :D That needs to be his image.
  4. A possible trope no one mentioned: Oh Crap. Srsly, his face! And it's on the shard.
  5. Batman is an Ascended Meme all right. :gurt:

Done the Phantom image and added a Weapon of Choice trope and the highly treasured, Badass trope.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Badass Longcoat, Scarf Of Asskicking, Malevolent Masked Man, Mook Horror Show, Cool Mask or any number of other tropes.

Added all of those to the sheet.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby BlackWolfe on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:03 am

Oh, wow, that is one hell of an echo. You can probably add Big Damn Heroes and Pre-Asskicking One-Liner to that list.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:16 pm

BlackWolfe wrote:Oh, wow, that is one hell of an echo. You can probably add Big Damn Heroes and Pre-Asskicking One-Liner to that list.

Added them.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Return to Echoes