Adam F

"When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I a monster, a blot upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?" :(

[Refictionalized 25 Nov 2012]

Re: Adam F

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 am

Yeah. That's uncanny. I wanted to bring it up in the comments, but YankeeWhite already did.
Why would he do that, though? No time? He could just write a short post, like "Guys, WE'RE TOTALLY STAGING IT, OMG SO HAPPY, NO TIME TO WRITE ANYTHING, BRB =)". Copypaste the previous one? I don't see the point.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:23 am

Working theory is that either the GMs are getting sleepy and forgetful, or Adam is. I left him a comment which, if he responds to, should help us find out which.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 am

Well... I guess we all realise that SOMETHING is going to happen. I'm suspicious but... I can't help hoping things go well for him.

Hey what if Adam said his own name on the play? Wouldn't that then make it a fiction about himself, and thus, prevent it from existing? O_o
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 am

He fixed the problem.

And promised to update us on the staging which happens tonight, so we can be sure something big (and bad) is going to go down.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 am

And it will totally be an echo.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 pm

Dryunya wrote:And it will totally be an echo.

A play, written by a fictional that is semi autobiographical, supported and funded by a fictional, using said fictionals machinations? And since it IS a play, it'll probably be stuffed with tropes up the nines? This won't just be an echo, it's be a reverberation of cosmic proportions... I do hope it's not going to do any serious damage.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 am

Well, it went off without a hitch. (And no address to be an echo.)
...I think that's the one result none of us was expecting.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:27 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Well, it went off without a hitch. (And no address to be an echo.)

It probably didn't turn out as well as you might think. Adam mentioned how the audience had goofy expressions even during the serious scenes. I think they may have been laughing throughout the whole play because of how terrible it is. The play was unintentionally hilarious. I'm very concerned that the reviews that Adam is anticipating may not turn out as well as he may hope. We should brace for a hard blow to Adam's ego.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:30 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Well, it went off without a hitch. (And no address to be an echo.)

It probably didn't turn out as well as you might think. Adam mentioned how the audience had goofy expressions even during the serious scenes. I think they may have been laughing throughout the whole play because of how terrible it is. The play was unintentionally hilarious. I'm very concerned that the reviews that Adam is anticipating may not turn out as well as he may hope. We should brace for a hard blow to Adam's ego.

My thoughts exactly.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:09 am

So are mine, but...

Let's consider why this play got staged. I don't have to remind you that it was sponsored by Phantom. Of course, that may be an act of good will for a fellow fictite who's got talent, but he had an ulterior motive before, so it's my primary theory.
That means his play was a way to make him stay. If he finds out that he has no talent, he'll break down and won't want to stay, becoming vulnerable to us. That's not what the Cabal wants. Not to mention that the Phantom probably read his play, and could assess its quality.

So... if it really goes the way we think it's going to, that will be... unexpected.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:15 am

Dryunya wrote:Not to mention that the Phantom probably read his play, and could assess its quality.

I want to add about this: Erik says that he feels great affinity with Adam. True that, unlike Moriarty, his arrogance isn't his PRIME trait, but it's up there; he thinks his play is wonderful, and if he thought Adam's wasn't at least good, he wouldn't want to make the comparison between them.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Not to mention that the Phantom probably read his play, and could assess its quality.

I want to add about this: Erik says that he feels great affinity with Adam. True that, unlike Moriarty, his arrogance isn't his PRIME trait, but it's up there; he thinks his play is wonderful, and if he thought Adam's wasn't at least good, he wouldn't want to make the comparison between them.

Well, you guys remember reading that bit Aam posted, right? What did you think of it? I'm no critic and it doesn't speak for the rest of the play, and it was doubtlessly old fashioned but... I didn't think it was badly written at all, considering. :?

Of course uh, recall that the Phantom is a guy who's ideas about a romantic relationship are most screwed up than Edward Cullens, so mqaybe he's not as good a judge as he thinks he is. Still, maybe there's some other explanation for the audience's reaction.
Scarab

Postby Blurred_9L on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Wacky was pretty much right about it. He got angry at the bad reviews.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 am

WE'RE YET TO SEE THE PUBLIC RECEPTION, THOUGH. MEANWHILE, I TRIED TO CONSOLE HIM A LITTLE. I'M NOT TOO GOOD AT THIS, BUT I BROUGHT "THE MASTER AND MARGARITA" TO HIM, WHICH HAD A SIMILAR PLOT POINT.
(AND YES, I DID IT ALL-CAPS WITH A CHEETO EXCUSE. SUE ME. :gurt: )
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:15 am

This is a VERY good sign.
Looks like Adam, against all odds and expectations, has rejected the Cabal!
Which means time to go ahead with his refic!
WHOOOOOOOOOOO YAY ADAM!!!

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby JRPictures on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:41 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:This is a VERY good sign.

HOORRAYYY YAHHOOO

Man I love it when things come together.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 am

So, how long do you think we have until Adam finds that he's fictional?
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:32 am

We can't go ahead with the reficks until we ask him about it. Which we can't do because he hasn't revealed to us anything about his past. It would just be creepy for us to go "Hey Adam, we know you never mentioned this on your blog, but we believe you're Frankenstein's Monster from the book Frankenstein, and we would like to return you back there by writing you stories."

But now, after he's mentioned talking to the Cabal, maybe our request won't sound so strange. Maybe he'll listen to us if we assure him that we're the good guys. But the trouble is, how do we approach him without sounding like some creepy stalkers or some creepy secret organization with shady motives? I don't know.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Scarab on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 pm

We can't go ahead with the reficks until we ask him about it. Which we can't do because he hasn't revealed to us anything about his past. It would just be creepy for us to go "Hey Adam, we know you never mentioned this on your blog, but we believe you're Frankenstein's Monster from the book Frankenstein, and we would like to return you back there by writing you stories."

But now, after he's mentioned talking to the Cabal, maybe our request won't sound so strange. Maybe he'll listen to us if we assure him that we're the good guys. But the trouble is, how do we approach him without sounding like some creepy stalkers or some creepy secret organization with shady motives? I don't know.

Agreed, besides which, guys, have a heart, we can't just go sending him back already, who would look after Shelley?
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Lawon, of course. She's already adopted a couple of other polydactyl cats-- what's one more? :D

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

I thought of Shelley too. I think he can leave her to Sandy (to remind of him, or something). She has to have some plot significance, after all. :)
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm

We can always ask Mr. A if Shelley can go with Adam. It might be easier to fictionalize a cat than a human. I'm gonna go ahead and shoot the question at Mr. A's Twitter.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:54 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:We can always ask Mr. A if Shelley can go with Adam. It might be easier to fictionalize a cat than a human. I'm gonna go ahead and shoot the question at Mr. A's Twitter.

Or, you know, Adam's friend Sandy could take care of her.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 pm

@YouHaveFailedUs wrote:IT MIGHT BE WORTH TRYING.

Mr. A gives the go-ahead for attempts to fictionalize Shelley along with Adam.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 am

narrativedilettante wrote:
@YouHaveFailedUs wrote:IT MIGHT BE WORTH TRYING.

Mr. A gives the go-ahead for attempts to fictionalize Shelley along with Adam.

Yay! Sooo right now we're waiting to see whether the cat can be fictionalised. And when we do that it will either survive, or not... right?

So then it's like SCHRODINGER'S REFICTIONALISATION! :D :D :D
Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Adam Frankenstein