Adam F

"When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I a monster, a blot upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?" :(

[Refictionalized 25 Nov 2012]

Re: Adam F

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Scarab wrote:It also dawns on my his ezblog name is FM. We probably should've figured that out sooner.

Hey, it could have been Frank Moriarty or whatever. You couldn't have known. *patpat*
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Scarab wrote:It also dawns on my his ezblog name is FM. We probably should've figured that out sooner.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Wow I'm dumb....
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:
EdwardTheAwesome wrote:So uh, it sounds like he's calling himself Adam. Do I put him in as Adam or as Frankenstein's Monster? The latter is both the most informative and the most insensitive.

How about Adam Frankenstein?

Perfect.

I still like Frank, though.

Don't worry, we'll call him Frank in conversation. :)
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:37 pm

We should try to figure out his Twitter name (he mentions having one, but I didn't see it listed). I was thinking of leaving a comment on his blog, something like this:

Hello. I just found this blog, and I'm impressed by your writing. It's very eloquent, and I like the idea of seeing your play, if it ever gets produced!

You mentioned having a Twitter account in one entry, but I can't find your Twitter username. Would you mind telling it to me? I think you're worth following.

Thoughts?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:We should try to figure out his Twitter name (he mentions having one, but I didn't see it listed). I was thinking of leaving a comment on his blog, something like this:

Hello. I just found this blog, and I'm impressed by your writing. It's very eloquent, and I like the idea of seeing your play, if it ever gets produced!

You mentioned having a Twitter account in one entry, but I can't find your Twitter username. Would you mind telling it to me? I think you're worth following.

Thoughts?

Sicon112 wrote:Also, he mentions a twitter. Someone start looking for all twitter tags that might relate to him. I don't see a direct like or reference to any twitter account on his blog though... Someone comment with a different name from the one you use here and ask for it to see the response. Do NOT comment all at once. Make sure no one has commented before you do. Also, when dealing with this guy, use a different name. The Cabal are monitoring our site, but damned if I'm gonna make it easy for them.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:51 pm

He doesn't sound Cabal, though, does he? Or are we thinking that Angelus is Adam now? :?
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm

EdwardTheAwesome wrote:He doesn't sound Cabal, though, does he? Or are we thinking that Angelus is Adam now? :?

Nah, I think he's independent. He doesn't fit the Cabal profile. Too woobie for an evil crime organization.
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm

EdwardTheAwesome wrote:He doesn't sound Cabal, though, does he? Or are we thinking that Angelus is Adam now? :?

Possibly Pyramus. I think Adam mentioned art somewhere, and Pyramus made some drawings for something.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Doesn't hurt to be paranoid. At least, in this case.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Doesn't hurt to be paranoid. At least, in this case.

Woobie Pyramus... Well, better play it safe. Could be him after all...
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:57 pm

I can make the post using a different username and a different email address than what I've been using for this forum and the other blogs and related stuff. It still... wouldn't be that hard to track me down, probably, but I'm willing to play along with the paranoia. ;)
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby StarWarsMonkey on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:02 pm

couldn't paranoid hurt his feelings if he found out? he is sensitive.
StarWarsMonkey

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 pm

StarWarsMonkey wrote:couldn't paranoid hurt his feelings if he found out? he is sensitive.

Yes. But being too open could alert the cabal (if he's a member), meaning we'd ...
Don't they follow this forum anyway? :cry:
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 pm

StarWarsMonkey wrote:couldn't paranoid hurt his feelings if he found out? he is sensitive.

Probably wouldn't bother him that much. It IS the internet after all, and people use different names all over the place here.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 pm

I don't think it will be that big a deal. Just not giving him the name I use elsewhere is something I think he'd understand. If I actually lied to him, that would probably end badly though. But I'm not planning to lie.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Pixelmage wrote:

Yes. But being too open could alert the cabal (if he's a member), meaning we'd ...
Don't they follow this forum anyway? :cry:

Like I said before, even if they do, there is no way in hell I'll make things easy for them.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:04 pm

We'll just have to be nice to the guy otherwise. I mean heck, I guess if anybody has good reason for wanting to stay OUT of their own universe, it's that guy.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Commented. It's awaiting moderation.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:09 pm

He also mentioned writing a play-- could be a lead on the Cat's comments about "a shadow under the ice" being a good name for a stage play.

I left a comment (awaiting moderation) asking for the name of the play. (I used the same name that I've been using everywhere else-- I don't think he's in the Cabal. If nothing else, the tone of his posts implies that the only friends he's made are real-world, and it feels too genuine for him to be faking all that just to trap us.)
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Response to you guys. His twitter account was deleted because he was having trouble getting used to the small posts instead of long ones. He asked if you guys wanted to see parts of the play, so sure, why not? No one new post yet, just the two who were already talking.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Excellent.
Just posted a reply asking to see the samples.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Right, I just posted agreeing that it would be great to see a sample of his play. Hopefully he will show us what he's been working on. :)
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Paradox on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:18 am

Yeah he doesn't seem like a Cabal member to me. At least, not yet.
But if he finds out from the Cabal that people want to send him back... I'd say it's likely he'd side with them.
Unless we convince him of the bigger possible consequences of staying, should that happen.
Paradox

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 am

Okay, I'm finally all caught up and ready to give this matter some serious thought.

I'm really excited this is Frankenstein's monster. Frankenstein is the one book represented in this ARG that I actually read all the way through, so I feel really in my element with this guy. And everything I've read in his blog so far seems to fit with the character, so I agree with this analysis.

I really don't think he's cabal, not that I don't think he would sympathize with their cause, because obviously he would have no reason to want to return, but his personality simply doesn't match any of the cabal members. Pyramus is confirmed to be a lady's man, and Adam could barely get one woman to talk with him. Everyone else is simply too confident to be Adam. I'm fairly certain he's non-cabal.

As for how to interact with him, it may be best that we don't bombard him with too many comments at once. He seems very timid and may not be comfortable with too much attention. So maybe we stick with just the two that have already commented, and maybe let that number grow gradually through time.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:18 am

I'm a little late to this thread, but nice work Scarab!
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Adam Frankenstein