Adam F

"When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I a monster, a blot upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?" :(

[Refictionalized 25 Nov 2012]

Re: Adam F

Postby Dekso on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 am

Great find. It's good that we have a new fictional, even if it's one we didn't expect to find.

(I may as well give up on sleeping now, missing stuff like this)
Dekso

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:Okay, I'm finally all caught up and ready to give this matter some serious thought.

I'm really excited this is Frankenstein's monster. Frankenstein is the one book represented in this ARG that I actually read all the way through, so I feel really in my element with this guy. And everything I've read in his blog so far seems to fit with the character, so I agree with this analysis.

I really don't think he's cabal, not that I don't think he would sympathize with their cause, because obviously he would have no reason to want to return, but his personality simply doesn't match any of the cabal members. Pyramus is confirmed to be a lady's man, and Adam could barely get one woman to talk with him. Everyone else is simply too confident to be Adam. I'm fairly certain he's non-cabal.

As for how to interact with him, it may be best that we don't bombard him with too many comments at once. He seems very timid and may not be comfortable with too much attention. So maybe we stick with just the two that have already commented, and maybe let that number grow gradually through time.

I agree, looking at it now perhaps he wasnt a Cabal member at all and him handing a CV to the witch was just... sheer coinscidence.
We're still thinking on that alternative to sending them back plan, right?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:35 am

Scarab wrote:I agree, looking at it now perhaps he wasnt a Cabal member at all and him handing a CV to the witch was just... sheer coinscidence.
We're still thinking on that alternative to sending them back plan, right?

Of course we are. I still suggest being cautious about this, however.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 am

I love this character, and I'm SO glad he's the one from the book. Gotta love that Milton-speak! :D I hope he becomes a force for good here, without his father around to screw things up.

Oh, and I have a guess now about that creepy skeleton faced guy in the comic. I think it's dear old Adam hisself. 8-)
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:50 am

Zup wrote:I love this character, and I'm SO glad he's the one from the book. Gotta love that Milton-speak! :D I hope he becomes a force for good here, without his father around to screw things up.

Oh, and I have a guess now about that creepy skeleton faced guy in the comic. I think it's dear old Adam hisself. 8-)

Yea, I'd rather have the book one around myself. Though to be honest, he never really helped his own situation in the story. Sure, he tried to for a while at first, but after that he became a little nuts. It was never all Frankenstien's fault. They were both really responsible for how things turned out. It was one of those things where if the characters sat down and talked it out, it all would have ended better.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:33 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Zup wrote:I love this character, and I'm SO glad he's the one from the book. Gotta love that Milton-speak! :D I hope he becomes a force for good here, without his father around to screw things up.

Yea, I'd rather have the book one around myself. Though to be honest, he never really helped his own situation in the story. Sure, he tried to for a while at first, but after that he became a little nuts. It was never all Frankenstien's fault. They were both really responsible for how things turned out. It was one of those things where if the characters sat down and talked it out, it all would have ended better.

Yes, exactly, I just feel that the book-monster was extremely sympathetic. In a lot of ways, he was an allegory for mankind, so we're supposed to feel that way. But yeah, he did kinda go overboard, didn't he? WoobieDestroyerofWorlds.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 am

Zup wrote:Yes, exactly, I just feel that the book-monster was extremely sympathetic. In a lot of ways, he was an allegory for mankind, so we're supposed to feel that way. But yeah, he did kinda go overboard, didn't he? WoobieDestroyerofWorlds.

Not to justify it, but he was pushed over the edge... He didn't get a real chance to try to be good. When you Break a Woobie, and that Woobie is also capable of inflicting lots of pain... Well, I kinda wanted him to murder each and every other human on the book.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 am

Wait... Do you think that Victor could have passed throught the Wall too?
EDIT: Also, do you think that we could send him to Joan?
Last edited by Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:51 am

Victin wrote:Wait... Do you think that Victor could have passed throught the Wall too?

Doubt it. No evidence of that so far, so no point thinking about it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 am

Victin wrote:Wait... Do you think that Victor could have passed throught the Wall too?
EDIT: Also, do you think that we could send him to Joan?

He already turned down the idea of therapy, so trying it again would kind of be pointless. Maybe with some time he may be at a point where he might consider it, though he may not be willing to travel all the way to Boston just for therapy. There are probably good enough therapists for him in Chicago. But who knows where there stories may lead them later on? They may be brought together on their own, or some special reason may pop up that may cause us to bring them together, but for the time being, I see no reason to want to bring them together.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:57 am

kay, so, what's his twitter?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:57 am

Victin wrote:kay, so, what's his twitter?

He had one, but he didn't like the character limits, so he quit it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:58 am

He claims to have deleted his Twitter account because he wasn't good at pithy statements.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:04 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:

He claims to have deleted his Twitter account because he wasn't good at pithy statements.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

yeah, I read that, but in his posts he says that he had one, so...
I should have read the entire blog before asking.
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm trying to compose a What We Know for Adam, and I'm wondering - have we figured out where, geographically, he's located? I can't find it in the blog, but I'm not sure if that's because he hasn't said, or because I'm skipping over it.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:I'm trying to compose a What We Know for Adam, and I'm wondering - have we figured out where, geographically, he's located? I can't find it in the blog, but I'm not sure if that's because he hasn't said, or because I'm skipping over it.

Pretty sure he mentions he's in Chicago.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:I'm trying to compose a What We Know for Adam, and I'm wondering - have we figured out where, geographically, he's located? I can't find it in the blog, but I'm not sure if that's because he hasn't said, or because I'm skipping over it.

God, I have to go to Chicago, don't I?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm

NeverSlender wrote:

He does. Thank you.
JackAlsworth

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 pm

The Finch wrote:God, I have to go to Chicago, don't I?

Probably soon in the future. An Echo is bound to appear there any minute now.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 pm

What We Know is up; given my reading comprehension level at the moment, though, I almost certainly missed something. Please tell me if I did.
JackAlsworth

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm going to try talking to him.
I think you might recognize my name. ;)
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:17 pm

OK, I thought we made this clear that we wouldn't swamp him with comments right off. You guys phrased it OK, though, and had some interesting ideas, so I think we should be OK. Could you warn us next time?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Sicon112 wrote:OK, I thought we made this clear that we wouldn't swamp him with comments right off. You guys phrased it OK, though, and had some interesting ideas, so I think we should be OK. Could you warn us next time?

NO. :(

ok, yeah maybe.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:38 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:OK, I thought we made this clear that we wouldn't swamp him with comments right off. You guys phrased it OK, though, and had some interesting ideas, so I think we should be OK. Could you warn us next time?

NO. :(

ok, yeah maybe.

Hey, YOU are fine. You said something. It's right up above this message...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:35 am

New post!
And he gave us a page from his script!
Clearly there's something we should be commenting on about this-- can anyone who's read Frankenstein confirm/deny here if there's any similar language?
I want to comment that it puts me in mind of Phantom of the Opera, but before I do-- anyone thinks that's a bad idea?

Also, is it just me, or is his cat also polydactyl? Should I ask that (and suggest the cat-nickname Mary, for laughs)?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Adam Frankenstein