Dating

"When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I a monster, a blot upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?" :(

[Refictionalized 25 Nov 2012]

Dating

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Sooo... it looks like the monster wants to try out dating. That could be... interesting?
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Re: Dating

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:08 pm

And he's going about it entirely the wrong way, too.
I'm leaving him a comment now with some critique.
Edit: done.
I really hope he doesn't leave that ad on craigslist.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:And he's going about it entirely the wrong way, too.
I'm leaving him a comment now with some critique.
Edit: done.
I really hope he doesn't leave that ad on craigslist.

I think you hit every point I would have, there. I'll not comment on the blog for fear of making Frank more self-conscious than he likely already is about this.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Yankee said the exact opposite below you. Amusing. I think Frank may get confused now.

But really Yank, PLEASE warn us when you do this stuff, or at least check here... You keep doing this over and over again and we keep begging you to at least give us some warning... :(
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:09 am

It's kind of within his right to say what he wants to. Adam will take whatever advice he likes or that makes sense to him. Or maybe he won't think either of you are helpful. Just saying.
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:11 am

Adam won't get confused, I gave him friendly advice. We don't all have to submit to group think and post the same ideas. I really don't see any issue with what I wrote, I want him to find a girl and he should move forward with his plan. Contradicting ideas are good, it gives our fictionals a variety of opinions and voices to hear. Teamwork is great and all, but so are independent thinkers.
We aren't sheep.

Edit: thank you Ed. Despite the criticism that is thrown my way, I'm still enjoying myself. We are all doing great work, everyone brings something unique to the table and we've all made so much progress together. :gurt:
Last edited by YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
YankeeWhite

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 am

EdwardTheAwesome wrote:It's kind of within his right to say what he wants to. Adam will take whatever advice he likes or that makes sense to him. Or maybe he won't think either of you are helpful. Just saying.

I understand. I'm just saying it would be really nice if Yank warned us. I'm not trying to be impolite, I'm just trying to make things simpler. Even if he is just gonna do whatever, which is fine, it would be nice to know what's coming...

YankeeWhite wrote:Adam won't get confused, I gave him friendly advice. We don't all have to submit to group think and post the same ideas. I really don't see any issue with what I wrote, I want him to find a girl and he should move forward with his plan. Contradicting ideas are good, it gives our fictionals a variety of opinions and voices to hear. Teamwork is great and all, but so are independent thinkers.
We aren't sheep.

No need to get mad. I'm just asking if you could please say something about it, is all. You bring up some valid points, so I'd just like it if you could do that more often.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:55 am

Aaand his dating location is a hotstop (if he posts the ad, which he will). I may sound cynical now, but getting an echo is more important for us game-wise than finding a decent girl for Adam, so let him post it.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:10 am

Uh, while I'm very happy for him and everything, is anybody else but me slightly worried about exactly WHO may respond to this ad? :?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:15 am

I guess we'll see it at the echo, unless he writes it himself. If the Cabal shows up, I won't be surprised. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:16 am

And then even Adam's gonna hit on Oberon. :?
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:02 am

Dryunya wrote:I guess we'll see it at the echo, unless he writes it himself. If the Cabal shows up, I won't be surprised. :evil:

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe we should warn him?

agoraoptera wrote:And then even Adam's gonna hit on Oberon. :?

Well, he'd have more tact than Don Juan :roll:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 am

Scarab wrote:Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe we should warn him?

I hate it when people resort to "it's a part of the plot" card, but that's exactly what it is. It is an ECHO, and we have to get it. I don't think we'll be given any choice.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 am

Dryunya wrote:
Scarab wrote:Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe we should warn him?

I hate it when people resort to "it's a part of the plot" card, but that's exactly what it is. It is an ECHO, and we have to get it. I don't think we'll be given any choice.

Well, guess we'd bettr get on with it then, no time to lose. :)
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:08 am

Um... Aren't echoes both good and bad? Good in that they give us information, but bad because they're only giving us information because they're places of extremely fractured reality? So... we don't really want to make this become an echo?(1)

Anyway, he'll definitely listen to me over Yankee, because I'm actually a girl; I know whereof I speak. :P

And I just checked Chicago Craigslist-- looks like he hasn't posted it yet, at least.

(1) Not to mention that we gave him suggestions of alternate forms of dating; I suspect that whichever method he uses will soon become a hotspot, either way.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:10 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Um... Aren't echoes both good and bad? Good in that they give us information, but bad because they're only giving us information because they're places of extremely fractured reality? So... we don't really want to make this become an echo?(1)

Anyway, he'll definitely listen to me over Yankee, because I'm actually a girl; I know whereof I speak. :P

And I just checked Chicago Craigslist-- looks like he hasn't posted it yet, at least.

(1) Not to mention that we gave him suggestions of alternate forms of dating; I suspect that whichever method he uses will soon become a hotspot, either way.

On that note, what exactly makes one place these people have been an echo and not another? Why is the place of, say, Adam's date an Echo, while the place where he works is not, even though he spends a lot more time there?

Is it because there's often more than one of them in one spot? If that were the case, Gulliver and John would be leaving 'em everywhere. Or is it just because their behaviour is experiement 'tropelike', as Mister A says, in those areas?
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:15 am

I think the current theory was strong emotion?
The R&J comic was a very emotionally charged breakup scene.
The Witch comic was when she was feeling at her absolute lowest (personal raincloud for proof!).
The Quixote comic was when he was feeling at his most (justifiably) heroic (plus spider fear).
The Gulliver one had Gulliver feel very affronted (plus Sayu-chan's last panel was... VERY dramatic...).
The Holmes and Poirot one... Okay, that one doesn't fit, unless we're counting very dramatic, which it was.

But presumably Adam's going to be feeling some strong emotion-- either love or intense disappointment-- when the girl shows up (or worse, stands him up) at his first date.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby YankeeWhite on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Um... Aren't echoes both good and bad? Good in that they give us information, but bad because they're only giving us information because they're places of extremely fractured reality? So... we don't really want to make this become an echo?(1)

Awesome! 8-) I hope he considers everyone's advice. :)
However I feel Adam F. is not the luckiest person in the world and fear this dating thing may go south.
YankeeWhite

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:49 am

What about Sandy?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:58 am

What about Sandy?
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Dryunya wrote:What about Sandy?

Why is he so concerned with soliciting lady friends if he seemed to have the beginnings of a burgeoning romance with her? (And why use Craigslist to meet people when she can just introduce him to her friends?)

That was what you were asking, right Victin?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:

Why is he so concerned with soliciting lady friends if he seemed to have the beginnings of a burgeoning romance with her? (And why use Craigslist to meet people when she can just introduce him to her friends?)

Yes. BTW, is this Sandy the same from Sherlock?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Victin wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:

Yes. BTW, is this Sandy the same from Sherlock?

No. There was no Sandy with Sherlock. Just Cinderella. (It was a false name, in other words.)
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Victin wrote:Yes. BTW, is this Sandy the same from Sherlock?

No. There was no Sandy with Sherlock. Just Cinderella. (It was a false name, in other words.)

We really have no proof that they're the same person other than they have the same name, and since they're in two different areas, we're currently assuming that the One Steve Limit has been violated, and that Adam's Sandy and Cinderella are two different people.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Code: Select all
WARNING
1 Steve limit has been exceeded
Upgrade your reality version to support more Steves
Reality will now terminate.

>: _
Dryunya

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Adam Frankenstein