Adam's Play

"When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I a monster, a blot upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?" :(

[Refictionalized 25 Nov 2012]

Adam's Play

Postby Victin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 pm

The topic for we discuss his play. I don't know how much importance it will have, but there is one thing I want to ask: Can fictionals write fiction? I think not, but Adam's play give us some possibilities to think of.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Re: Adam's Play

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:06 pm

I don't see why they can't. Only Mr. A has said he couldn't write fiction, and he's not a fictional. Mr. A's inability to write fiction seems to stem from the fact that he resides in the void between reality and fiction. It could be possible that if he could crossover into reality, that he would be able to gain the ability to write fiction.

There are fictional writers, that is characters that write stories in their stories. So I don't see why a character who possesses intellect and creativity can't write fiction, especially once they arrive in this world.

But on the other hand, one can argue that his play isn't fiction at all. I, for one, consider it auto biographical.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:11 pm

I think fictionals can write fiction. It just goes into a reality level beneath theirs. If the fictional is in reality at the time, then the fiction they create goes to the same level as the work that the fictional came from, but in a different part.
(See the metaverse model.)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I don't see why they can't. Only Mr. A has said he couldn't write fiction, and he's not a fictional. Mr. A's inability to write fiction seems to stem from the fact that he resides in the void between reality and fiction. It could be possible that if he could crossover into reality, that he would be able to gain the ability to write fiction.

There are fictional writers, that is characters that write stories in their stories. So I don't see why a character who possesses intellect and creativity can't write fiction, especially once they arrive in this world.

But on the other hand, one can argue that his play isn't fiction at all. I, for one, consider it auto biographical.

narrativedilettante wrote:I think fictionals can write fiction. It just goes into a reality level beneath theirs. If the fictional is in reality at the time, then the fiction they create goes to the same level as the work that the fictional came from, but in a different part.
(See the metaverse model.)

Yes, but the effects of the play in the reality remains to be seen, as the Cabal is interested, and we know that we can write stories to interfere with already existing characters (because we've done that)
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Why WOULDN'T fictionals be able to write fiction? I mean how many characters in fiction are writers themselves? (I know technically that's a story within a story but as far as the fictionals are concerned THEY'RE the creative mind behind the works, so it probably doesn't matter).
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:11 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:I don't see why they can't. Only Mr. A has said he couldn't write fiction, and he's not a fictional. Mr. A's inability to write fiction seems to stem from the fact that he resides in the void between reality and fiction. It could be possible that if he could crossover into reality, that he would be able to gain the ability to write fiction.

Actually, it looks like it's some sort of mental blockage that is stopping Mr. A. Every time someone requires him to do some kind of "creative" writing he seems to be incapable. An example is when eli asked him about a riddle. Of course, he could always be screwing with us, but we are taking his claim that he can't write fiction at face value, so we should treat this equally.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Actually, it looks like it's some sort of mental blockage that is stopping Mr. A. Every time someone requires him to do some kind of "creative" writing he seems to be incapable. An example is when eli asked him about a riddle. Of course, he could always be screwing with us, but we are taking his claim that he can't write fiction at face value, so we should treat this equally.

That was awesome! ^_^ and I think with mr. A its almost like he's eldritch, he just views things in a completely different way than we do.
eli_gone_crazy

Return to [REFIC'D] Adam Frankenstein