Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

"Wendy, Wendy, when you are sleeping in your silly bed you might be flying about with me saying funny things to the stars."

[Refictionalized 7 Dec 2012]

Re: Ron Deckland and Peter Pan

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm leaving for the day, but just so you folks know, in case you couldn't already tell, the segment where he supposedly tried to throw the child of the bridge had it's audio removed and was played in reverse, fast motion. Someone with decent video editing skills should be able to get in there and find visual traces of the reversal.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Oh gosh. Since I know what trials are supposed to look and sound like, this is killing me to watch. Seriously, I have to believe that that guy is pissing off the jury at this point with his raging insanity...

Yeah, trust me. It's painful to watch any grown human being behave like that in any context. He's like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum all the time. Yet Ron Deckland seems to be taking his side. What a nut. Hopefully no one in the jury is taking this guy seriously.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:39 pm

What, like you think that the judge is conspiring and the prosecutor's insane but the jury isn't cooked? Because if the jury ISN'T cooked, then they're going about their Evil Plan SERIOUSLY wrong.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby H22 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:07 pm

I know British law, and no doubt it's very different to American, but I'm not seeing any huge issues of process. The defence is completely incompetent, and the prosecution are intimidating, but there aren't any huge issues of conviction. The prosecutor should go to jail for contempt, but the rest is just over-the-top adversarial procedure. Obviously, the judge should have admitted the complaint, but (rewatching now) the complaint was not major to the defence. Hopefully, the 'lamp which shows that freedom lives' will make the right choice.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 pm

About that video fragment... I know it's reversed, but I can't get any evidence of that right away, except for those "tape rewinding" sounds.

Also, the prosecutor is just being ridiculous now. And, while H22 has some ground - c'mon, we're Genre Savvy here. Clearly, the judge is under pressure.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm

H22 wrote:I know British law, and no doubt it's very different to American, but I'm not seeing any huge issues of process. The defence is completely incompetent, and the prosecution are intimidating, but there aren't any huge issues of conviction. The prosecutor should go to jail for contempt, but the rest is just over-the-top adversarial procedure. Obviously, the judge should have admitted the complaint, but (rewatching now) the complaint was not major to the defence. Hopefully, the 'lamp which shows that freedom lives' will make the right choice.

As far as I'm aware, the US and UK justice systems are fairly similar, both being adversarial systems and all. Trust me, I'm a criminology student.

Oh God, this prosecutor. Maximum Large Ham.

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:What, like you think that the judge is conspiring and the prosecutor's insane but the jury isn't cooked? Because if the jury ISN'T cooked, then they're going about their Evil Plan SERIOUSLY wrong.

Exactly the point I was about to make. I don't think any jury is legitimately stupid enough to actually take the prosecutor's evidence seriously without being in their pocket.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Victin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:59 pm

"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:02 pm

...so the prosecutor is the living embodiment of Courtroom Antics?
JackAlsworth

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Fascinating. Is it even possible to be a trope incarnate? If not, he may be a fictional of "no concern" that Mr. Administrator missed.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 pm

WMG: Ron Deckland is the Tinfoil Hat guy. The mannerisms are not exactly same, but he's accepting the evidence as truth, and one needs to be absolutely crazy for that.

Also, about the video. It may be one cut, scrambled into pieces. If so, the backwards bit will stick out. I won't be able to edit it until tomorrow evening, though, and probably even then. Sorry.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Dryunya wrote:WMG: Ron Deckland is the Tinfoil Hat guy. The mannerisms are not exactly same, but he's accepting the evidence as truth, and one needs to be absolutely crazy for that.

Also, about the video. It may be one cut, scrambled into pieces. If so, the backwards bit will stick out. I won't be able to edit it until tomorrow evening, though, and probably even then. Sorry.

Already suggested, both ideas, and by me even.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:17 pm

This trial is the embodiment of Adults Are Useless.
It's the only reason I can think of for why even the broadcaster buys the evidence.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Well, it is Peter Pan's story. Perhaps some qualities of his reality seeped in along with him. If this is in fact the case, then Pan will slowly become less and less useful as he rapidly ages. Well, crackers.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Jesus, this proescutor is a psychopath, the judge has clearly been bought, the latest video is clearly edited and there is absolutely NO WAY this video would stand uo in court. NO way in hell. it wouldn't have gotten TO a court. Not to mention the acting is frankly terrible from everyone except Peter...

Urgh I don't think I can stand to watch that slimeball for much longer, soembody with the skills undoctor that film already.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:29 pm

With the bedroom footage, we found the audio on Pheeble and that significantly changed the way the footage would be viewed.

Here, I'm wondering if we could somehow find a file for this footage with the timestamps. Note how the prosecutor stopped the bailiff from reading the time that the video was taken. If we had timestamps, it would be easier to demonstrate the backwards section and reconstruct the initial sequence.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Scarab wrote:Jesus, this proescutor is a psychopath, the judge has clearly been bought, the latest video is clearly edited and there is absolutely NO WAY this video would stand up in court. NO way in hell. it wouldn't have gotten TO a court. Not to mention the acting is frankly terrible from everyone except Peter...

Urgh I don't think I can stand to watch that slimeball for much longer, soembody with the skills undoctor that film already.

Well, perhaps not in this reality, but it could in some others.
Really? I didn't even notice any bad acting. That's how people are in [REDACTED], MI.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Should we think that the Cabal is supplying the evidence? Because if so we'd need to locate another chatlog.
Perhaps ask the cat?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 pm

The defense attorney isn't all that incompetent. So far, we have yet to get a clip showing his turn to act. He has, however, been making the appropriate objections at every opportunity, though I think he is slowly just giving up. PAN isn't helping anything, though, though it's not like I blame him...

I think the defense attorney isn't doing that bad of an acting job either, relatively, and the bailiff is just being a bailiff. If he isn't bored out of his mind, he obviously isn't doing his job right...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby H22 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 am

To call the acting wooden is an insult to trees, and the DA maybe isn't completely incompetent. I agree, the judge has been blackmailed, but I don't think (I've only seen Clip 2) she's trenchantly biased against the case. Also, what about that wonderful thing called the appeal system? Surely it would get thrown out somewhere along the line. My big concern is that Pan will be intimidated into a plea bargain.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby SuperKing93 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 pm

HOLY FUCK PAN'S TRIAL IS A VEILED PAUL MCCARTNEY REFERENCE

PAN ON THE RUN
PAN ON THE RUN
AND THE COUNTY JUDGE HELD A GRUDGE

I BET PAN WILL STAY IN THE REAL WORLD AND DIE IN A CAR CRASH JUST BEFORE HE TURNS 28
SuperKing93

Postby JRPictures on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 pm

SuperKing93 wrote:HOLY FUCK PAN'S TRIAL IS A VEILED PAUL MCCARTNEY REFERENCE

PAN ON THE RUN
PAN ON THE RUN
AND THE COUNTY JUDGE HELD A GRUDGE

I BET PAN WILL STAY IN THE REAL WORLD AND DIE IN A CAR CRASH JUST BEFORE HE TURNS 28

Ok I just looked that up and you might be right, if it's a stealthy reference.

Pan won't stay in the real world or die in a car crash. He will be refictionalised like every other fictite. No need to bring such a crazy theory.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:24 am

However, given Pan's Rapid Aging, he could be refictionalized while in a car and while he is physically 27. Both parties win. Also, can we please get back on topic?
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:However, given Pan's Rapid Aging, he could be refictionalized while in a car and while he is physically 27. Both parties win. Also, can we please get back on topic?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, we better get back in whichever the topic was.
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 am

Of course, the trial was actually pretty funny.

I LOL'ed so hard at the end of First Evidence.

" OBJECTION! The Prosecutor is using out of date pop culture references!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

A lime for you, Mr. Lawyer!

:gurt:
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Terrac1 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 pm

"I will not sacrifice my perfect record"
...I am now convinced this guy is our worlds version of Manfred von Karma.
The demons are Pink, Yellow and Rainbow. No matter where I go they are always there.

Congratulations everyone!
Terrac1

PreviousNext

Return to [REFIC'D] Peter Pan