Introduction to the Witch?

"Wendy, Wendy, when you are sleeping in your silly bed you might be flying about with me saying funny things to the stars."

[Refictionalized 7 Dec 2012]

Introduction to the Witch?

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:36 pm

All right, I know it sounds like a Crack Pairing, but think about it-- Peter Pan and the Witch are the two characters most desperate to get home.
More than that, Her Wickedness wants to do research into inter-world travel, while Peter keeps going on about Tinkerbell's "soft places". Anyone else think they (and we) could benefit from putting their heads together?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Introduction to the Witch?

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Your reasoning is sound. I don't think it'll hurt to give it a shot. I actually think they'll be able to get along very well.

The witch has been getting desperate looking for ways home, and it sounds like Peter has a lead. So it seems natural that they should get together. We'd have to get them all together at some point, don't we?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby S_o_S on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:34 pm

This sounds both hilarious, and a potential way forward. I say we do it. Somebody show the Witch Peter's page then?
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 pm

I doubt that he meets her standard of evil, but it probably wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.
JackAlsworth

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm going to copy this to the witch's thread, then-- it might be best if we ask Scarab, as the witch's point person, to broach the subject with the witch.
Meantime, I know someone I can get to put a bug in Peter's ear about this via facebook.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't mind doing it, but what should I say to Peter then?
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:44 pm

S_o_S wrote:I don't mind doing it, but what should I say to Peter then?

Actually, my friend just sent the message. She was right with me when I got approval on the boards, so I gave her the go-ahead straightaway.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby S_o_S on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
S_o_S wrote:I don't mind doing it, but what should I say to Peter then?

Actually, my friend just sent the message. She was right with me when I got approval on the boards, so I gave her the go-ahead straightaway.

Yeah, just saw that myself. Well, if he needs more convincing, I can always lend some support.
S_o_S

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Well the lols would be imrpessive, but you realise Peter Pan's natural inclination towards stereotypical 'villains' is to draw a sword on them right? I don't think he's a 'consider the black and whites' kinda guy hence, you know, he's nearly gotten arrested for kidnapping.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Scarab wrote:Well the lols would be imrpessive, but you realise Peter Pan's natural inclination towards stereotypical 'villains' is to draw a sword on them right? I don't think he's a 'consider the black and whites' kinda guy hence, you know, he's nearly gotten arrested for kidnapping.

Hopefully he doesn't have a sword with him. In any case, we could get them to agree with the idea of teaming them up before we get them to meet in person. Surely Pan will be desperate enough to work with an evil adult if he believes she has the only means of returning him home, and vice versa.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:36 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Scarab wrote:Well the lols would be imrpessive, but you realise Peter Pan's natural inclination towards stereotypical 'villains' is to draw a sword on them right? I don't think he's a 'consider the black and whites' kinda guy hence, you know, he's nearly gotten arrested for kidnapping.

Hopefully he doesn't have a sword with him. In any case, we could get them to agree with the idea of teaming them up before we get them to meet in person. Surely Pan will be desperate enough to work with an evil adult if he believes she has the only means of returning him home, and vice versa.

Well, I think that he would be more willing to work with someone his age, and it seems that either Romeo or Juliet seems to be good for it, as we already have some deegrees of control over them. And I can see Juliet and Pan getting together, creating envy in Romeo. If we manipulate that envy, we might get he and Juliet back together.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Victin wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:

Well, I think that he would be more willing to work with someone his age, and it seems that either Romeo or Juliet seems to be good for it, as we already have some deegrees of control over them. And I can see Juliet and Pan getting together, creating envy in Romeo. If we manipulate that envy, we might get he and Juliet back together.

Pan and Juliet? Now that's a crack pairing. :lol: Also, I think the Romeo and Juliet ship has sailed. I don't think there's any way we can get those two back together.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 am

Maybe we could convince the witch to tone it down a bit.
*shrugs*
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:33 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:Maybe we could convince the witch to tone it down a bit.
*shrugs*

I can honestly say that seems EXTREMELY unlikely.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Krika on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:08 pm

I just had a potentially useful thought: The witch has apparently made wormholes, right? Something which we agree is probably possible because of fiction bleeding into reality. Peter has also mentioned the apparent existence of "soft places" in the world, which he thinks might be able to get him back to Neverland. Now, obviously in the normal world, those places don't exist, but in this world with fiction saturating it, they might just exist, because of the stories containing them imposing themselves on this world.

I think it's entirely possible that the Witch's wormholes might be related to these "soft places" somehow. If they are similar, then her machinery could be used to locate, or even make one, or at the very least give insight into the nature of these "soft places". Which is an entirely good reason to get them to work together, to whatever degree.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Krika wrote:I just had a potentially useful thought: The witch has apparently made wormholes, right? Something which we agree is probably possible because of fiction bleeding into reality. Peter has also mentioned the apparent existence of "soft places" in the world, which he thinks might be able to get him back to Neverland. Now, obviously in the normal world, those places don't exist, but in this world with fiction saturating it, they might just exist, because of the stories containing them imposing themselves on this world.

I think it's entirely possible that the Witch's wormholes might be related to these "soft places" somehow. If they are similar, then her machinery could be used to locate, or even make one, or at the very least give insight into the nature of these "soft places". Which is an entirely good reason to get them to work together, to whatever degree.

That could be true.

So... esssentially, maybe in order for us to fix the problem and send them back, we have to allow the wall to break down enough to ALLOW these softplaces to form... Have to let it break before we can fix it.

Unless we have to send all those undefinable tropes and concepts back over the wall too... Which might be harder.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:19 pm

I don't think the Witch's wormholes could be the soft places. She said that they didn't help her get back to her world, while Peter said pretty explicitly that the soft places WOULD do exactly that.
Still, they're clearly on converging tracks. Even if we don't introduce them, it's inevitable that at some point their research will bring them together.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I don't think the Witch's wormholes could be the soft places. She said that they didn't help her get back to her world, while Peter said pretty explicitly that the soft places WOULD do exactly that.
Still, they're clearly on converging tracks. Even if we don't introduce them, it's inevitable that at some point their research will bring them together.

So, let's clue the witch into whats going on, let her know that there's a... idk "crazy" kid who has a fear of the color green or something, and that he might know what could get them both home.

It said she's lawful evil on the tropes page, maybe an explanation goes a long way especially since Scarab is her campaign manager.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Wait-- "fear of the colour green"? His Memetic Outfit is green.
Nah, he's just got a pathological suspicion of all adults.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:03 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Wait-- "fear of the colour green"? His Memetic Outfit is green.

That works, or old people or something.
Make her work around her own, oddities, to make this thing work. and tell Pan that she's a batty old lady that says weird things from time to time, like "I'm gonna take over the world!" or "dern, flying monkeys"
or something.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:15 am

eli_gone_crazy wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Wait-- "fear of the colour green"? His Memetic Outfit is green.

That works, or old people or something.
Make her work around her own, oddities, to make this thing work. and tell Pan that she's a batty old lady that says weird things from time to time, like "I'm gonna take over the world!" or "dern, flying monkeys"
or something.

Why don't we just tell them who they are? They both should already be aware that they're fictional. They should understand that there are other fictionals looking to get home. And they both know about these forums, so even if we don't tell them, they're going to find out for themselves eventually, and then they lose our trust. Not a big deal for the witch, but we should definitely try to keep Pan's trust.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:16 am

I don't think Peter knows he's fictional yet, just that he's not in Neverland. Not sure how he'll react when he finds out.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:20 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I don't think Peter knows he's fictional yet, just that he's not in Neverland. Not sure how he'll react when he finds out.

Peter does know he's fictional, and here's my logic:

Peter made his video and sent it directly to Joe. The only way he could send it to Joe is if he knew who Joe was. The only way he would send it to Joe is if he knew that Joe was also working with other people in similar situations. Which means he knows about Joe, and what he does, so he knows there are others like him in similar situations. He's also linked to watchthefootage.com from his facebook, meaning he knows about these forums. Meaning he knows everything discussed on here, and he's probably read the Story So Far. Logically, he knows as much as any of us. Therefore, he knows he's fictional, just like everyone else we've been trying to help get him.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:20 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I don't think Peter knows he's fictional yet, just that he's not in Neverland. Not sure how he'll react when he finds out.

going meta*
Technically, they all are real, they simply exist in another universe.
so really, we're just talking about interdimensional travel and the fate of the universe.

let's go with that instead of,
"hey, i don't know you that well but, uhm, you're a figment of someone's imagination and it's our job to put you back in your proper place."
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:25 am

Yeah, it's better to talk as though they are just from alternate worlds. Every action they have made shows that the meta-verse model's theory that from within a fictional realm, it is indistinguishable from reality.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to [REFIC'D] Peter Pan