Inciting Paranoia

This is for discussion of the technical aspects of the game as well as the puzzle and interactive design.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Inciting Paranoia

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:44 am

As you all should probably know, us metaguards tend to be a bit paranoid. One of our own (Who should remain unknown) was so paranoid, that s/he'd freak out any time one of the story important characters, either Joe, Edward, or Mr. A, logged onto the forum. It was a bit amusing actually, seeing the way unnamed metaguard would react on the forums.

Though there was one point where one of the characters (I believe it was Ed), would log on, do nothing, and then log off, and then repeat the process. It got to the point where we honestly believed that the GMs were doing that intentionally just to freak unnamed metaguard out.

I already know from answers to other questions that a few of you guys have done things intentionally to troll us for your amusement, but did any of you ever log in as one of the characters, intentionally to troll us?

And while we're on the subject, what other cruel things have you done to us simply for the lulz?
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Re: Inciting Paranoia

Postby Sophira on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:20 am

It wasn't intentional, at least not on my part. A lot of the times when I was logging in as Ed, I was doing something like looking at PMs or forum settings.

Bear in mind that none of the rest of us were admins, because making us admins would have shown up as such publicly. Though I suppose now I think of it, there was a way to make us "stealth admins", but it'd have been hell to maintain.

I, for one, always tried to log in as hidden if I wasn't planning to use Ed or Joe for something visible, partly because of the paranoia from this unnamed metaguard. :)
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Yes, Qara, there IS an Ed and Joe.

Ed was my main account for a few months, until he made up with Joe. Then Joe was my main account. I used them to moderate, to act as admin, to read all of the posts, etc. It had nothing to do with anyone else.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:42 am

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:unnamed metaguard

Dana wrote:Yes, Qara

Nailed it. :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Strange. I thought [REDACTED REDACTED] was that unnamed meta-guard.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Return to Technical & Interactive