Future of this forum and Metaguard organization

This is for discussion of the technical aspects of the game as well as the puzzle and interactive design.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Re: Future of this forum and Metaguard organization

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Also I'm hurt! No Pixel in your list of Future!ARG GMs? :P

No, you're there. I just listed the first three. The list is made in no particular order, and it's not too long, but long enough. Other such random details about irrelevant shtuff.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Tom on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:26 pm

I might swing by from time to time.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:11 pm

So lemme get this straight: We're keeping this forum, and after the post-mortem we're free to design it whichever way we want? How much freedom will we actually have in repurposing this forum?
RotavatoR

Postby Tom on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:13 pm

The post-mortem and game threads will need to stay locked, prominent, and organized. I don't really care what you do in off-topic. Dana can give you more details.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Tom wrote:The post-mortem and game threads will need to stay locked, prominent, and organized. I don't really care what you do in off-topic. Dana can give you more details.

We need to greatly expand off-topic or start a new forum if we want to keep this community alive though. What are the possibilities for that?
RotavatoR

Postby Victin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:41 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
Tom wrote:The post-mortem and game threads will need to stay locked, prominent, and organized. I don't really care what you do in off-topic. Dana can give you more details.

We need to greatly expand off-topic or start a new forum if we want to keep this community alive though. What are the possibilities for that?

Role-playing, General, Fan Work

I can't think of nothing else.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm

I theorize that by the end of the postmortem, there will be at least one additional item on that list.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Victin wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:

Role-playing, General, Fan Work

I can't think of nothing else.

I feel that General is too, well...
General ;)
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:I theorize that by the end of the postmortem, there will be at least one additional item on that list.

What item would that be? Post-postmortem :P
RotavatoR

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:27 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:I theorize that by the end of the postmortem, there will be at least one additional item on that list.

What item would that be? Post-postmortem :P

You'll see... ;)
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Tom wrote:Also, we accept spec submissions to Echo Chamber and if there's another ARG, there will probably be open applications to write for it.

Lots of us are really interested in this :D Is there anything in particular you're looking for in the next season that you can tell us without revealing spoilers? Have you planned that far or is it all up in the air right now while you recover from six months worth of sleep deprivation? Can we just submit what we believe are good scripts/premises?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Tom on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Like echo chamber on Facebook and you will be immediately informed as soon as submissions are made open. We don't have an outline yet that is publicly viewable because we're still working on the one for us and because we also still have to crowd source the funding. Once were funded, People following the page will be informed about the process for submissions. Thanks!
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:49 am

Tom wrote:Like echo chamber on Facebook and you will be immediately informed as soon as submissions are made open. We don't have an outline yet that is publicly viewable because we're still working on the one for us and because we also still have to crowd source the funding. Once were funded, People following the page will be informed about the process for submissions. Thanks!

Ughh, the facebook thing again >.< Can we also follow you guys on twitter?

RotavatoR wrote:

Weeeell Dana? :D
RotavatoR

Postby Tom on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Ughh, the facebook thing again >.< Can we also follow you guys on twitter?

Indeed you can.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Previous

Return to Technical & Interactive