Metaverse

This is for discussion of the technical aspects of the game as well as the puzzle and interactive design.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Metaverse

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:51 pm

So, really, I want to know in detail what you all thought of that little creation that Dryu and I spawned. How did you react? Did you like it? How deep had you really been thinking that stuff? Did you really expect us to get as much out of what you were posting as we did, like our modifications after the Witch's mad science? How much of it was right, how much did you just roll with, if any, and how much were we completely off on?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: Metaverse

Postby Tom on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:00 pm

I downloaded it, labeled it "Beautiful Model" so that it wouldn't get mixed in with my desktop clutter, and sent it to the Skype chat where we GM's plotted. People were stunned cause they thought from the filename that I'd sent them a picture of a scantily-clad lady.

My reaction (speaking as lore-keeper) was "Holy crap these people care a lot about this". My second reaction was, "God dammit, they'll notice if we fuck up."

If I recall correctly, Dryu's model is more or less accurate to how I see the Metaverse. I'd need to look at it again though. And the Stinger might push the ARG one level deeper than it was until then. It's... complicated. :gurt:
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:01 pm

If I have my way, the EC Season 3 opener will be Metaversal. We wrote it back in July, before the game had started.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:26 am

I remember debating that metaverse model. I had my own model, though, which may have been more than a little influenced by Spelljammer. I'll leave it to the curious as to whether that was more or less sensible than the one Sicon and Dryu came up with.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 am

I still haven't wrapped my mind around what the Witch presented. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Dryunya wrote:I still haven't wrapped my mind around what the Witch presented. :?

Don't worry, I have and I can just create one of my nonsensical rambling walls of text for you to suddenly somehow understand. :P

But I'm curious as to the reaction we got in that specific instance. Was that intended as technobabble, or did you really expect us to draw so much from it like we did?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Return to Technical & Interactive