Opinion about Children

This is for discussion of the technical aspects of the game as well as the puzzle and interactive design.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Opinion about Children

Postby Victin on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:08 pm

No, I'm not asking you about that, I'm simply asking you what did you think when you saw that. Was it expected? Did you think about it too before I had said it?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Re: Opinion about Children

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Victin wrote:No, I'm not asking you about that, I'm simply asking you what did you think when you saw that.

I'm just gonna go facepalm some more, just like when I came home to find what you guys did....
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Tom on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:09 pm

That was me, as Mr. A, tweeting reflexive anti-Cabal things before I thought through the consequences. We later realized that going into detail about this would raise real-world political issues that we really, really did not want involved in the game, so we nuked it.

My bad.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:10 pm

I...am honestly not sure what you mean. Do you mean that the playerbase skewed young?

EDIT: OH. THAT. Yeah, real world politics isn't even allowed on the forum, so we tried to keep it out of the game.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby H22 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:09 am

Dana wrote:I...am honestly not sure what you mean. Do you mean that the playerbase skewed young?

EDIT: OH. THAT. Yeah, real world politics isn't even allowed on the forum, so we tried to keep it out of the game.

I definitely never, ever mentioned real world politics (what politics? I didn't notice any politics) ever. I wouldn't do that!
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:09 am

Hi, I'm 13.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:10 am

15. How is everyone?
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:11 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:15. How is everyone?

Excellent, thank you.

With your new picture, you look like a scheming jealous angry half brother to a mouse logical mastermind.

Which suits your personality pretty well actually.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:13 am

I honestly still don't get this. What do anti-Cabal tweets, real life politics and the age of Players in the game have to do with eachother O.o
(Seriously you guys are making even less sense than usual x3)
RotavatoR

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:29 am

To explain to Rota.
The anti-cabal tweets were a just-for-fun nudge. Fleshing out Mr. A and such... But when we deviated into the implications of having children as characters... Well, there are laws about it and very serious moral implications.
Say Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies, for one aspect of the discussion. Ok, it's implied that kids die as well, but we don't have child characters. So the implication means little, but when we began to explore that concept... Well, we were bound to hit the legal wall soon enough and discuss the implications of having child characters. And according to Rule 6, that is not allowed, so the talk was cut short.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:15. How is everyone?

I'm 14 and I'm fine, thank you.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:52 pm

No one is talking about the age of players.

I'm totally fine if you never realize the implications we avoided when we stepped on that arc.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Return to Technical & Interactive