Hosting

This is for discussion of the technical aspects of the game as well as the puzzle and interactive design.

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Hosting

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:12 am

I'm just wondering about the very few related sites that weren't hosted on ezblog or xovr and could have been-- what the reasoning/ thought process behind having them hosted wherever they were was.
Especially, for example, things like Poirot's blog, which I can't think why it would be any more advantageous to be on wordpress than on ezblog...
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Hosting

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 am

From my point of view, one character having a Wordpress blog helped with the realism somewhat. I mean, seriously, every character being on ezblog? As things were, it still seemed a huge coincidence that they'd all found that one blog service, but spreading things out a little with Poirot's blog and also Pan's Facebook page made it feel a little more immersive, a little more like it was happening in the real world where there are all these corners of the internet that you might expect people to find.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Tom on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 pm

Dil's basically right.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Sophira on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:15 pm

As an aside, when we first set up ezblog.co, before the ARG began, at least one GM was fooled by the front page at http://ezblog.twwf.info/ . They told the rest of the GMs that we'd run into a problem and that the service wasn't accepting any new registrations, and we'd need to find somewhere else...

When said GM was told that the site was actually solely for the purpose of running the ARG and that was just a front, I seem to remember that lots of facepalms were had. :D
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Return to Technical & Interactive