A letter to Pixel

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

A letter to Pixel

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:23 pm

So uh, remember how I said I'd explain?

So we were sending out the emails from Morgan about DQ's echo, right? After we'd picked out who we thought they should go to we sent them. And then - ONLY THEN - did we realize that 0 of them were online.

It took us a little while, but we were actually about to send YOU an email from her (as she trusted you some and we saw you were definitely online) when...we got an email from you. Unfortunately, the timing was balls XD

We realized we couldn't just send a happy email in response, because that would be OOC for Morgan, so we had to go back to the drawing board and draft an upset response.

AND THEN after Morgan responded with the short response, the GM who had access to Morgan's email...his internet totally died. For like an hour. I called him roughly forty times before I figured that out, basically going NOOOOO WE HAVE TO SEND PIXEL THIS EMAIL NOOOOOO.

So yeah, that's the story there.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Re: A letter to Pixel

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Ouch... That was serious bad timing.
And then in the chatroom everyone was brainstorming what they possibly could do, I was getting very very anxious about it.

Like I said in my email to you afterwards, it felt like you had emailed the people who were offline just to create the tension, while I was online and was one of the people who would be in character for Morgan to have volunteered the information. And the whole "I told some people but not you!"... I was already shaken, I just started thinking "What? Are we supposed to start milking information out of fellow players now?"

I really considered leaving the ARG at that time. At first I just stuck around because of everyone in the chatroom who were also freaking out. Then you replied, I calmed down and stuck around.

I told you in the email, I'll tell you here: That you would go to such lengths tells a lot about you all. You're awesome and this whole ARG is one of the best experiences I've ever had. I'm proud to be part of it.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Re: A letter to Pixel

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm glad :) It feels that way for me too!
Dana
Puppetmaster

Return to The Cabal