Agents

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Agents

Postby H22 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:51 am

Laconic: How did the Cabal get Joan's notebook?
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22
 
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am

Re: Agents

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:53 am

H22 wrote:Laconic: How did the Cabal get Joan's notebook?


They read the forum? They knew things in advance? Morgan was a physic too?
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: Agents

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:47 pm

One of the Cabal (likely Moriarty; we never bothered to establish specifically whom) simply hired someone to pick it up for them. It's not hard to find someone willing to go to a restaurant, pick up a notebook, and give it to you for $50 or $100.

As for how they knew to pick it up - they were looking for other fictionals for possible recruitment, after all. They were keeping track of the therapist as well.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
User avatar
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Agents

Postby SuperKing93 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:05 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Morgan was a physic too?


What's a physic? :mrgreen:
SuperKing93
 
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:54 am

Re: Agents

Postby H22 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 am

Rick Healey wrote:One of the Cabal (likely Moriarty; we never bothered to establish specifically whom) simply hired someone to pick it up for them. It's not hard to find someone willing to go to a restaurant, pick up a notebook, and give it to you for $50 or $100.

As for how they knew to pick it up - they were looking for other fictionals for possible recruitment, after all. They were keeping track of the therapist as well.


Of course. It's just there were a lot of people at the time saying 'OH NO THIS MUST MEAN THE CABAL HAVE TENTAXKES EVERYWHERE!!!' We probably should have realised the prosaic answer. :D.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22
 
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am

Re: Agents

Postby Rick Healey on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:39 pm

H22 wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:One of the Cabal (likely Moriarty; we never bothered to establish specifically whom) simply hired someone to pick it up for them. It's not hard to find someone willing to go to a restaurant, pick up a notebook, and give it to you for $50 or $100.

As for how they knew to pick it up - they were looking for other fictionals for possible recruitment, after all. They were keeping track of the therapist as well.


Of course. It's just there were a lot of people at the time saying 'OH NO THIS MUST MEAN THE CABAL HAVE TENTAXKES EVERYWHERE!!!' We probably should have realised the prosaic answer. :D.


Tentaxkes? Are those like tentacles with axe blades at the end? :mrgreen:

I'm honestly fond of using the simplest solution for a problem. If we needed the Cabal to have hundreds of shadowy agents under them later, we could establish that later. But we're talking about them doing an activity that didn't require any stealth, anything illegal, or their personal involvement. It's really not hard to find someone - anyone, really - who'd do that task for them for a nominal fee.

On the other hand, I think your collective reaction showed that we were doing a great job with immersion and confusing the players, which was gratifying.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
User avatar
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Agents

Postby H22 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:39 am

Rick Healey wrote:
H22 wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:One of the Cabal (likely Moriarty; we never bothered to establish specifically whom) simply hired someone to pick it up for them. It's not hard to find someone willing to go to a restaurant, pick up a notebook, and give it to you for $50 or $100.

As for how they knew to pick it up - they were looking for other fictionals for possible recruitment, after all. They were keeping track of the therapist as well.


Of course. It's just there were a lot of people at the time saying 'OH NO THIS MUST MEAN THE CABAL HAVE TENTAXKES EVERYWHERE!!!' We probably should have realised the prosaic answer. :D.


Tentaxkes? Are those like tentacles with axe blades at the end? :mrgreen:

I'm honestly fond of using the simplest solution for a problem. If we needed the Cabal to have hundreds of shadowy agents under them later, we could establish that later. But we're talking about them doing an activity that didn't require any stealth, anything illegal, or their personal involvement. It's really not hard to find someone - anyone, really - who'd do that task for them for a nominal fee.

On the other hand, I think your collective reaction showed that we were doing a great job with immersion and confusing the players, which was gratifying.


Tentaxkes are awesome. Originally, someone tried a few rather dodgy GM experiments of Cthulhu, and it just got a bit out of hand.....
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22
 
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am


Return to The Cabal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron