Email addresses

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Email addresses

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:26 pm

So, uh... I realized very belatedly that I went about that entirely wrong/ shouldn't have gone about that at all... not just because brute-forcing email addresses is very very pointless and stupid.

But if I hadn't gone and done that, would those emails have been used for something? And if not, why bother making them? And why was there apparently no Moriarty address (I mean, I tried about a hundred combinations for username, and none of them turned up anything... >_>)?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Email addresses

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't actually remember why we made those. I don't think there were plans to use them. Maybe just precaution's sake? Maybe just verisimilitude.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Tom wrote:I don't actually remember why we made those. I don't think there were plans to use them. Maybe just precaution's sake? Maybe just verisimilitude.

Pretty sure this is the case. We created them in case we needed them, but we didn't have a specific reason.

Morgan started answering emails when, after players repeatedly made statements about the Cabal not being open, we were like "Well, they really do need a way to communicate with the Cabal."

I would have loved to have the others answer emails too (especially Erik), but seeing how just Morgan was already taking a large portion of Dana and my time, it was best to just keep their avenue of communication Morgan. And it made sense for it to be her -- she was the bosslady.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:40 pm

We actually kind of always intended to have the 4 leads match up to the 4 Cabal members....which is WHY Morgan is the bosslady :3
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Dana wrote:We actually kind of always intended to have the 4 leads match up to the 4 Cabal members....which is WHY Morgan is the bosslady :3

So who is who, in your head? Because I don't think any of us make a good Moriarity.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:09 pm

I would have volunteered to do Moriarty if nobody else would have (even though I'm not actually a Lead). Although folks would have noticed a sudden change from chess terminology to bridge terminology (I'm mediocre at chess, but I'm a Sectional Master in bridge).
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Rick Healey wrote:I would have volunteered to do Moriarty if nobody else would have (even though I'm not actually a Lead). Although folks would have noticed a sudden change from chess terminology to bridge terminology (I'm mediocre at chess, but I'm a Sectional Master in bridge).

That could've been an interesting story arc for Moriarty. He comes into our world, and once being free from the whims of his author, discovers that there are other games more interesting than chess, and so experiments with other game's terminologies and metaphors. :D
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:42 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:I would have volunteered to do Moriarty if nobody else would have (even though I'm not actually a Lead). Although folks would have noticed a sudden change from chess terminology to bridge terminology (I'm mediocre at chess, but I'm a Sectional Master in bridge).

That could've been an interesting story arc for Moriarty. He comes into our world, and once being free from the whims of his author, discovers that there are other games more interesting than chess, and so experiments with other game's terminologies and metaphors. :D

If nothing else, he would have enjoyed how often the phrases "endplay," "gambit," and "coup" get used for high-level play.

Also, I would have enjoyed sneakily seeding bridge information into everyone, creating a squad of future bridge Life Masters.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 am

Connor Fallon wrote:
Dana wrote:We actually kind of always intended to have the 4 leads match up to the 4 Cabal members....which is WHY Morgan is the bosslady :3

So who is who, in your head? Because I don't think any of us make a good Moriarity.

Uh, obviously Tom is Moriarty. For obvious reasons. You're Erik, and Eric is Don Juan.

But Tom was the only one of you jokers who could sing, so he would play Erik. Connor did the voice of Don Juan, which leaves...Eric as Moriarty? Yeah, okay, I probably don't buy that.

Let the record show that in none of these hypothetical situations was Eric ever Erik.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Tom on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:31 am

Except I actually portrayed Erik and wrote his parting puzzle... This is confusing.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:13 am

I think this becomes much simpler if we pretend Morgan didn't have a relationship with Moriarity. Because I was, in many ways, the most schadenfreudeic puppetmaster, so I could actually see myself being shoved into that role -- I remember you asked me to voice him WAAAAYYYY back when we thought the cabal would have live voice chats.

Though I think the Phantom fits as well.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 am

Aw, man, I'm never allowed to be Moriarty...
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:05 am

Rick Healey wrote:Aw, man, I'm never allowed to be Moriarty...

You can be Long John.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Tom on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:10 am

You just blew my mind.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Return to The Cabal