1337 h4xx0r (47

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

1337 h4xx0r (47

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:15 am

Did he actually crack stuff? Did he even need a computer for it? (Hell, did he need a computer to tweet?)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: 1337 h4xx0r (47

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 am

Man, I was writing a response to this and then you changed it. Hold on:

I believe that we didn't set this in stone, but my interpretation was that, like the others, the Cat lost all its powers upon crossing the wall. However, the cat made up to it by being Better At Computers than everyone else. He wasn't omnipotent, he was just damn good at google.

So yes, he actually cracked stuff.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 am

He did need something tech-y to tweet upon.

And he's more of a...life hacker, I think. :D
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Flitterbie on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 am

I take it the powers he lost did not include the ability to speak (er... write) English?

Actually, I probably still would've followed the account if it was just a bunch of gibberish written by a cat.

Edit: Oh wait, that WAS a decent number of his tweets.
Flitterbie

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:58 am

Connor Fallon wrote:I believe that we didn't set this in stone, but my interpretation was that, like the others, the Cat lost all its powers upon crossing the wall. However, the cat made up to it by being Better At Computers than everyone else. He wasn't omnipotent, he was just damn good at google.

Uh...

How the hell did you manage to make me imagine a regular cat as much more awesome than an omniscient and omnipresent one!? :shock:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:03 am

Dryunya wrote:
Connor Fallon wrote:I believe that we didn't set this in stone, but my interpretation was that, like the others, the Cat lost all its powers upon crossing the wall. However, the cat made up to it by being Better At Computers than everyone else. He wasn't omnipotent, he was just damn good at google.

Uh...

How the hell did you manage to make me imagine a regular cat as much more awesome than an omniscient and omnipresent one!? :shock:

We are magic like that.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Val Reznitskaya on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:22 pm

I always imagined him typing his tweets by dancing on the keyboard to some upbeat tune.
Val Reznitskaya
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Given how my cats love to carry around my DS stylii in their mouths, I personally assumed he found something (a stylus, a knitting needle, a fondue fork) and used that to type.

He had a multitude of ways; he's remarkably clever.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:33 pm

I always figured he just... used his tail, or something. He's the Cheshire Cat, he can do whatever he darn well wants, if you ask me.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Scarab wrote:I always figured he just... used his tail, or something. He's the Cheshire Cat, he can do whatever he darn well wants, if you ask me.

Except for getting over that blasted fence.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Victin on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:52 pm

For me he justs sits on a chair staring at the screen. All the lights are turned off. The keyboard types itself.
And he's smiling.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Rick Healey on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Victin wrote:For me he justs sits on a chair staring at the screen. All the lights are turned off. The keyboard types itself.
And he's smiling.

That'd be pretty cool, but could he really do that?

Could he?
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Rick Healey wrote:
Victin wrote:For me he justs sits on a chair staring at the screen. All the lights are turned off. The keyboard types itself.
And he's smiling.

Could he?

New headcanon: the above post, and possibly all Rick's posts, were actually typed in this very manner by Rick's cats.
:lol:
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Tom on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:09 pm

My personal theory* is that he types on keyboards just by walking across them like a normal cat. The fact that any of the resulting text resembles English words is a coincidence of massive proportions.

*Not really my personal theory.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:
And he's smiling.

Could he?

New headcanon: the above post, and possibly all Rick's posts, were actually typed in this very manner by Rick's cats.
:lol:

Now that's just silly.

They have thumbs. They can touch-type.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Victin on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Tom wrote:My personal theory* is that he types on keyboards just by walking across them like a normal cat. The fact that any of the resulting text resembles English words is a coincidence of massive proportions.

Isn't that a scientific theorem with monkeys?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby H22 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Victin wrote:
Tom wrote:My personal theory* is that he types on keyboards just by walking across them like a normal cat. The fact that any of the resulting text resembles English words is a coincidence of massive proportions.

Isn't that a scientific theorem with monkeys?

Infinite monkeys + infinite time =Hamlet.

This theory has a flaw on computing time/ink costs.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Postby Tom on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:55 pm

Relevant to your interests:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_m ... al_monkeys

Not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five pages[12] consisting largely of the letter S, the lead male began by bashing the keyboard with a stone, and the monkeys continued by urinating and defecating on it.

http://www.vivaria.net/experiments/notes/publication/

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaasssssssssssssssssfssssfhgggggggsssassfssssssgggggggaaavmlvvssajjjlssssssssssssssssajjjajaajjsssssaaaaaaaaaaaaavvjjjjlajjjjjaaaaaajjjjjjjajjjjjjjdjjajjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjaajjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaajjjjjjjajajjjjjjjaajjjjjjjjjjjjjbjmmslllggmmlljjmmmmmmnjjjnvvvnbvvmmllnknnbmmmm
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Val Reznitskaya wrote:I always imagined him typing his tweets by dancing on the keyboard to some upbeat tune.

And now I can't unsee a cat dancing on the keyboard to Gangnam Style. :lol:
Dryunya

Postby BlackWolfe on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 am

Val Reznitskaya wrote:I always imagined him typing his tweets by dancing on the keyboard to some upbeat tune.

Play us out, Keyboard Cheshire Cat!
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Return to The Cheshire Cat