Dizzy Holmes

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Dizzy Holmes

Postby RotavatoR on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Why did Holmes feel dizzy when he was close to the bookstore. If I recall correctly there was a Wall Piece there...
But then why didn't the Cabal feel dizzy?
User avatar
RotavatoR
 
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Tom on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 pm

I think he just got sick and you guys read into it, but Raikes is going to have to confirm/deny.
User avatar
Tom
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 pm
Location: Los Angeles / Pittsburgh

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Connor Raikes on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Why did Holmes feel dizzy when he was close to the bookstore. If I recall correctly there was a Wall Piece there...
But then why didn't the Cabal feel dizzy?


Yeah... so you know one of those things where you had an idea, but you didn't know if it would fly with everything else, so you put it in subtlely so that at the time it doesn't give any answeres but it could foreshadow into something greater and then if it doesn't turn into anything you can ultimately deny it, but then it doesn't turn into anything, so it's just kind of there?

That totally didn't happen.
I consider myself a Renaissance Man; I wear a ruff, my teeth are rotted out and I burn Lutherans for fun.
User avatar
Connor Raikes
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Connor Raikes wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:Why did Holmes feel dizzy when he was close to the bookstore. If I recall correctly there was a Wall Piece there...
But then why didn't the Cabal feel dizzy?


Yeah... so you know one of those things where you had an idea, but you didn't know if it would fly with everything else, so you put it in subtlely so that at the time it doesn't give any answeres but it could foreshadow into something greater and then if it doesn't turn into anything you can ultimately deny it, but then it doesn't turn into anything, so it's just kind of there?

That totally didn't happen.


But if it HAD, what would the idea that came to you have been?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:24 am

Tom wrote:I think he just got sick and you guys read into it


Sherlock Holmes wrote:It was at this very moment that a pain of indescribable intensity rushed through my entire body, devoid of cause, encapsulating my very soul. I staggered to me knees, a victim to its awesome might. And the next moment, I was as before! It was as if my very existence were questioned in the first, and in the second that the pain had almost been some sort of dream.

Totally just a flu. :geek:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:40 am

That reminds me of the time I had mono.
User avatar
Tom
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 pm
Location: Los Angeles / Pittsburgh

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Dana on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:41 am

Maybe Holmes was kissing sick ladies, but was too proper to divulge the details.
User avatar
Dana
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Connor Raikes on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:07 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Connor Raikes wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:Why did Holmes feel dizzy when he was close to the bookstore. If I recall correctly there was a Wall Piece there...
But then why didn't the Cabal feel dizzy?


Yeah... so you know one of those things where you had an idea, but you didn't know if it would fly with everything else, so you put it in subtlely so that at the time it doesn't give any answeres but it could foreshadow into something greater and then if it doesn't turn into anything you can ultimately deny it, but then it doesn't turn into anything, so it's just kind of there?

That totally didn't happen.


But if it HAD, what would the idea that came to you have been?


Why do the Klingons have ridges in their head in the Star Trek film and every proceeding conclusion in Star Trek, but not in Star Trek TOS? Some things are best explained with speculation and fan fiction...

Actually seriously, the bit came from having slight confusion about the wall piece mechanism. One of the leads explained to me that in the canon ficitonal characters were capable of "shedding" the relevant tropes that they act out in real life. I didn't have a good notion of what "shedding" exactly meant, but I had the idea that it could be a rather debilitating process that the characters can't really explain. So when Holmes was breaking into the bookstore, his demonstration of the trope would activate would ever mechanism would cause him to "shed", indicating itself in great pain for Holmes. This was going to be my way of indicating that this was the location of a genuine trope, as opposed to just other London locations.

However, this inclusion was complicated by the logistics of the wall pieces which prevented me from giving out the info on the trope in London right away. By the time the wall piece was positioned in London, Holmes and Poirot had fled for the USA. And then by the time I was supposed to make the announcement, the developed canon prevented such a process of debilitation from taking place for any other character. If I was smarter, I would have taken it out; but I kinda wanted to see what people thought of it.

So what I'm really trying to say is, please come up with a better explanation on your own. Please. Please.
I consider myself a Renaissance Man; I wear a ruff, my teeth are rotted out and I burn Lutherans for fun.
User avatar
Connor Raikes
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Connor Raikes wrote:Why do the Klingons have ridges in their head in the Star Trek film and every proceeding conclusion in Star Trek, but not in Star Trek TOS? Some things are best explained with speculation and fan fiction...


Actually, if I recall correctly, there was a brilliant canon answer for this, in a latter-series episode where they went back in time to what I think was the same timeframe as The Trouble With the Tribbles. Someone asked the resident Klingon why they look so different, and his answer was "We don't like to talk about it."
:lol:

Connor Raikes wrote:So what I'm really trying to say is, please come up with a better explanation on your own. Please. Please.

"Holmes doesn't like to talk about it."
DONE! :gurt:
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Connor Raikes on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Actually, if I recall correctly, there was a brilliant canon answer for this, in a latter-series episode where they went back in time to what I think was the same timeframe as The Trouble With the Tribbles. Someone asked the resident Klingon why they look so different, and his answer was "We don't like to talk about it."
:lol:


Apparently there was a lot of Star Trek fan fiction that was created speculating on how these ridges, which were clearly a RETCON by the studio, could be made consistent with the TOS universe. Shouldn't these people use their energy speculating about the Higgs Boson or something like that?
:?
...I'm sure now that I've said that, someone will post me to a site for fan fiction dedicated to the Higgs Boson and other quantum particles...
I consider myself a Renaissance Man; I wear a ruff, my teeth are rotted out and I burn Lutherans for fun.
User avatar
Connor Raikes
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Higgs Boson slashfic. If it doesn't exist yet, IT WILL SOON. Because internet.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby BlackWolfe on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Connor Raikes wrote:...I'm sure now that I've said that, someone will post me to a site for fan fiction dedicated to the Higgs Boson and other quantum particles...


Actually, this right here forced me to search. This is the closest I could find.
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
User avatar
BlackWolfe
 
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:44 pm

BlackWolfe wrote:
Connor Raikes wrote:...I'm sure now that I've said that, someone will post me to a site for fan fiction dedicated to the Higgs Boson and other quantum particles...


Actually, this right here forced me to search. This is the closest I could find.


...Is there anything the My Little Pony fandom DOESN'T do? :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Rick Healey on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Scarab wrote:
BlackWolfe wrote:
Connor Raikes wrote:...I'm sure now that I've said that, someone will post me to a site for fan fiction dedicated to the Higgs Boson and other quantum particles...


Actually, this right here forced me to search. This is the closest I could find.


...Is there anything the My Little Pony fandom DOESN'T do? :)


Leave me alone? :lol:
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
User avatar
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Rick Healey wrote:Leave me alone?


:twisted:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Dizzy Holmes

Postby BlackWolfe on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:49 am

Rick Healey wrote:
Scarab wrote:...Is there anything the My Little Pony fandom DOESN'T do? :)


Leave me alone? :lol:


Not on your life! :twisted:
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
User avatar
BlackWolfe
 
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 am


Return to Poirot & Holmes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron