Cinderella's refic subplot

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Cinderella's refic subplot

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:35 am

There are many things left unsaid here. Who riddled Holmes? Who was spying on him and Sandy? If it was Mr. A's agent, why didn't Mr. A inform Holmes, especially considering that if Holmes wasn't too late, he could jeopardize the refic?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Cinderella's refic subplot

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:37 am

The Cabal riddled Holmes, of course.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:42 am

Moriarty was out to get Holmes in trouble long before he succeeded in doing so.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:08 am

Wait. Moriarty was spying on Holmes. The Cabal riddled Holmes to find Moriarty's hideout and materials. Moriarty himself wasn't there, and didn't ambush him or anything.
...What? :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Connor Raikes on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:32 am

Dryunya wrote:Wait. Moriarty was spying on Holmes. The Cabal riddled Holmes to find Moriarty's hideout and materials. Moriarty himself wasn't there, and didn't ambush him or anything.
...What? :|

Okay, so here's the thing; the plan was twofold. If Holmes failed, he failed; but there was a chance he could have succeeded in interfering with the refictionalizing of Cinderella, and *possibly* put himself in enough danger to potentially get himself refictionalized.

But there was... a bigger puzzle that the Cabal wanted to get across to Holmes without telling him. If you were able to figure this out, I would have been thoroughly impressed. Hell, I'll still put it up to you now.

Most of the features of the puzzle connected to the next element in the puzzle, like in a scavenger hunt. However, there were outstanding elements that did not connect to the next piece. As such if you pieced the remaining elements together you may be able to solve the major message of the Cabal.

...wanna take a stab?
I consider myself a Renaissance Man; I wear a ruff, my teeth are rotted out and I burn Lutherans for fun.
Connor Raikes
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Raikes on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:40 pm

...no one wanna try? Not even ask any questions?

Aww...
I consider myself a Renaissance Man; I wear a ruff, my teeth are rotted out and I burn Lutherans for fun.
Connor Raikes
Puppetmaster

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Connor Raikes wrote:...no one wanna try? Not even ask any questions?

Aww...

Fine, fine, for my fellow wall of texter I shall attempt it.... later. I'm just totally drained right now after a busy week. Give me a night to recuperate.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:57 pm

I remember there were still some loose clue-threads hanging once that plotline got closed that were bugging me. Like Sicon, I'll take a stab at it, once I've taken some breathing-time for my brain.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Mostly, this was a way of preventing What Happened To The Mouse? when the wall closed and someone rewatched a Joe video with someone who was never refic'ed.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:20 pm

On that note, the Dracula Letter was written with the intention of it being something the he wrote, still being here. I really, really liked the Fridge Horror of "OH MY GOD WE MISSED DRACULA AND HE IS STILL HERE," but, as it turned out, we grouped him in with the other minor fictional's in ONE PLACE.

ONE PLACE ONLY.

Every else we were sure not to mention him.

Oh well.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:21 pm

After that, it ended up being his refic.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Tom wrote:After that, it ended up being his refic.

Which worked, because when he was a character (And he was the one who got furthest, along with Javert, before getting cut), I remember his refictionalization trope being Badass Decay.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Actually, we had a writer for Dracula who just kind of...didn't show up after awhile. We haven't been able to get in touch with him since >.>
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Fallon on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Dana wrote:Actually, we had a writer for Dracula who just kind of...didn't show up after awhile. We haven't been able to get in touch with him since >.>

Dracula killed him.

...I'm sorry, that was morbid.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Connor Raikes on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:02 am

Tom wrote:Mostly, this was a way of preventing What Happened To The Mouse? when the wall closed and someone rewatched a Joe video with someone who was never refic'ed.

This was also a way for me to give Holmes something to fucking do while Poirot went up north to deal with Sweeney Todd... otherwise there would have just been a giant gap.

Overtime in my head it just kinda turned into a puzzle.
Connor Raikes
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 am

Connor Raikes wrote:But there was... a bigger puzzle that the Cabal wanted to get across to Holmes without telling him. If you were able to figure this out, I would have been thoroughly impressed. Hell, I'll still put it up to you now.

Most of the features of the puzzle connected to the next element in the puzzle, like in a scavenger hunt. However, there were outstanding elements that did not connect to the next piece. As such if you pieced the remaining elements together you may be able to solve the major message of the Cabal.

...wanna take a stab?

Whoa. Didn't notice this for 3 days (I had a case of Archive Panic). Maybe I'll try it, but I don't think I'll get any results. This puzzle went over me.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:19 am

Connor Raikes wrote:But there was... a bigger puzzle that the Cabal wanted to get across to Holmes without telling him. If you were able to figure this out, I would have been thoroughly impressed. Hell, I'll still put it up to you now.

...wanna take a stab?

All right, on a preliminary raking through of the relevant blog posts, I've got Troy and #201. (There were a couple other elements that Holmes pointed out as being outstanding in a blog comment, but a) most of those were elements that helped me solve the riddle of the apartment number, so they're not really unconnected, and b) if they WERE outstanding, Yankee White gave a good shot at explaining their message, so not for me to drag them back into my own attempt.)

It is too late for me to try to come up with a crazy connecting strand between Troy and 201 right now, so if anyone else wants to pick up the strands, feel free.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Return to Poirot & Holmes