Preventing murder

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Preventing murder

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 am

We've discussed near-death experiences with a number of other characters, and I just realized that it hasn't been brought up here, but should.
If I recall correctly, Todd made some serious threats to Lawson if we didn't find him "proof" of Lucy being alive. If we hadn't gotten the wikipedia link to him in time, how would his arc have been different? Would Dr. Lawson have died?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Preventing murder

Postby Dana on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Probably not? But if it looked like you guys wouldn't get things in time - which it really never did for this, and we never really expected it to - then we would probably have had a discussion about consequences in time.
User avatar
Dana
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Preventing murder

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Dana wrote:Probably not? But if it looked like you guys wouldn't get things in time - which it really never did for this, and we never really expected it to - then we would probably have had a discussion about consequences in time.


Why do I get the distinct feeling you guys had to have an awful lot of those consequences-based discussions throughout the course of this game?

Oh what a winding web we all wove...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Preventing murder

Postby Tom on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:04 pm

I think the more immediate risk was that Todd would be inconsolable if you left it for too long, and you might have had to refic him forcefully. I personally think you'd have had to actively harm his mental state to get him to hurt Lawson.
User avatar
Tom
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 pm
Location: Los Angeles / Pittsburgh

Re: Preventing murder

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:35 am

About Lawson... She seemed overly calm, given all the stirring. She received death threats, her blog was hacked (starting a new thread =P), and everyone warned her against going out in the open (or something - I forgot already :( ). Is she so adapted to dealing with murderers, or she just doesn't care about herself?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Preventing murder

Postby S_o_S on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 am

Dryunya wrote:About Lawson... She seemed overly calm, given all the stirring. She received death threats, her blog was hacked (starting a new thread =P), and everyone warned her against going out in the open (or something - I forgot already :( ). Is she so adapted to dealing with murderers, or she just doesn't care about herself?


I always just figured that she'd Seen It All to be honest.
Not a distress call. Honest.
User avatar
S_o_S
 
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Preventing murder

Postby Scarab on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 am

S_o_S wrote:
Dryunya wrote:About Lawson... She seemed overly calm, given all the stirring. She received death threats, her blog was hacked (starting a new thread =P), and everyone warned her against going out in the open (or something - I forgot already :( ). Is she so adapted to dealing with murderers, or she just doesn't care about herself?


I always just figured that she'd Seen It All to be honest.


Well she was a psychiatrist, she knew quite a bit about the human mind, maybe she had just dealt with criminals before and had experienced similar threats.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Preventing murder

Postby Rick Healey on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am

Regardless of actual emotions, psychiatrists are trained to remain calm, in order to maintain more control over any situation that might develop. Regardless of any actual emotion, Joan was trained to stay level at all times.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
User avatar
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Preventing murder

Postby Scarab on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 am

Rick Healey wrote:Regardless of actual emotions, psychiatrists are trained to remain calm, in order to maintain more control over any situation that might develop. Regardless of any actual emotion, Joan was trained to stay level at all times.


Wow, Joan was secretly badass too :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Preventing murder

Postby Tom on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Joan Lawson has seen, dealt with, and helped folks like Todd before.
User avatar
Tom
Puppetmaster
 
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 pm
Location: Los Angeles / Pittsburgh


Return to Sweeney Todd

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron