Pets

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Pets

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 am

Okay, I am at least ninety percent sure that the answer to this question will be "whatever was random/funny" and I'm overanalysing, but hey, I've spent this whole game overthinking; why stop now?

So what was the deal behind the pets' names? Why the sudden change from Rainbow Dash to Binky? (Not that I'm complaining ;) )
What was the basis behind choosing each pet's name?

I kind of also want to ask 'Why the pets?' but I'm SURE I'll just get a "because it was funny" for my troubles, and I'm already feeling silly enough.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Pets

Postby Ben Plante on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Getting over his delusions and overcoming his fears was the point of post-Deanna DQ, besides the bucket list stuff. Thus, spider. The horse was always planned, but not always planned to come back. I thought it would be heartwarming.

The cat is there because Littlebit, my kitten who was used for the photo, demanded I put her in my work and she makes the rules around here. There's a reason her nickname is Bosstough. In fact she was very nearly credited as 'Bosstough Plante' instead of the correct 'Littlebit "Bosstough" Plante'. If it hadn't been corrected, I wouldn't be alive today. I would make a joke about her resemblance to a certain dictator that was kind of a jerk but that offends and upsets her.

And when Bosstough gets upset, worlds are destroyed.

As for their names, all three were the subject of a vote, and I honestly just went with what I liked the best, though every time it was quite close. Rainbow Dash became Binky because the horse didn't like the name Rainbow Dash. "I am not a pony, I am a magnificent steed" he told me on the set one day. Talking horses are such prima donnas.

I don't remember the real reason I changed it, so the above is the canon reason now. It wasn't an insult towards bronies though, I have nothing against bronies. Do you like something? Yes? Is it hurting yourself or anybody? No? Then do it. (I have never seen the show, but I did watch Pinkie Pie bark at a shelf for 15 minutes on Youtube once.)

As for Charlotte, well, that's pretty obvious. I personally wanted Gohma, but I reference stuff I'm into enough as it is.

As for the overall "Why the pets?" question? Because it was funny.
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ben.plante.5 Twitter @blinus42
"Of course it's all happening inside your head. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?"~Albus Dumbledore
"FINE! I'm naive! ...But I'm not wrong."~Tenma Kenzou
Ben Plante
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:29 am

Deleted the double post... hope they really were as identical as they looked. :roll:

For some reason, changing the name upset me. I didn't care about the reason, and neither it was my brony pride hurt (as I said, I don't see myself as one). It was more because of ignoring our eracha consensus. It didn't help that I was in a foul mood at the time. :?
No accusations, just saying.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby BlackWolfe on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:38 am

Dryunya wrote:I don't see myself as one

YOU HAVE A PONY FOR AN AVATAR.

*brainhurties go ouchie*
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 am

Yes I do, because ponies are undeniably cute. :roll:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Return to Don Quixote