Link requests

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Link requests

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm not going to ask why Quixote asked us first for random internet links, then for youtube links, but... random: How different could Quixote's subsequent actions have been if we had sent him very different videos/ links?
I mean, presumably not much, but, well, he DID have strong reactions to some things. Would he just have had the same reaction, but to something else? Or different strong reactions?

I'm not even sure what I'm asking anymore.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Link requests

Postby Ben Plante on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 am

It was a way to insert player participation in the downtime of DQ's story, as well as force me to improvise how I believe DQ, or at least my version of him, would respond to such things. I had no idea what you'd show me, so it would be improv no matter what.

If you wanted to remind me exactly what I was linked too, I can explain further. Yes I could look it up myself, sure, but... that's like, hard, takes effort.
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ben.plante.5 Twitter @blinus42
"Of course it's all happening inside your head. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?"~Albus Dumbledore
"FINE! I'm naive! ...But I'm not wrong."~Tenma Kenzou
Ben Plante
Puppetmaster

Postby Victin on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:38 am

I remember I linked DQ to Homestuck.
And there was much rejoicing on the other Metaguards' part.

What did you think about it?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby BlackWolfe on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 am

Victin wrote:I remember I linked DQ to Homestuck.

You what.

You linked a fictional character who crossed the fourth wall to an animated webcomic with multiple fourth walls? Were you trying to implode reality?
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby Ben Plante on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

I've just started getting into Homestuck. I read up until he began playing Sburb, which I know isn't far at all, and then I got distracted by stuff, but I'm gonna pick it up again soon, probably read the beginning again just to make sure I remember. I've heard great things about it.
"Of course it's all happening inside your head. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?"~Albus Dumbledore
Ben Plante
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 am

You made Quixote ask about TTGL after I suggested it on the forums, didn't you? ;)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 am

Ben Plante wrote:I've just started getting into Homestuck. I read up until he began playing Sburb, which I know isn't far at all, and then I got distracted by stuff, but I'm gonna pick it up again soon, probably read the beginning again just to make sure I remember. I've heard great things about it.

I give it... roughly three weeks. Then you'll be Homestuck. Enjoy :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Rick Healey on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 am

Dryunya wrote:You made Quixote ask about TTGL after I suggested it on the forums, didn't you? ;)

Can I just say, I facepalmed at this one?

Ben and I are both big anime and manga fans... but we have much different tastes at several points. Gurren Lagann is one of those points - I can't stand it. On the other hand, my only objection to his introduction of Ocarina Of Time was that I think he went a bit overboard with how good Quixote was at it. If there was any video game that would be perfect for Quixote, it'd be something in the Zelda series.

Though I would have sent him playing Link's Awakening myself, but that might've hit too close to home for the Don.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:45 pm

*grumblegrumbletooperfectatiwannabetheguygrumblegrumble*
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Rick Healey on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Dryunya wrote:*grumblegrumbletooperfectatiwannabetheguygrumblegrumble*

Actually, the flip side is, I found it hilarious that he'd do a perfect run on IWBTG, in part because it's clearly due to his psychoses that he'd be able to do that, and in part because it was such a great troll of you guys.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm

I could accept everything, but not the fact that he beat it in 20 minutes.
IMPOSHIBURU!
Dryunya

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Rick Healey wrote:
Dryunya wrote:*grumblegrumbletooperfectatiwannabetheguygrumblegrumble*

Actually, the flip side is, I found it hilarious that he'd do a perfect run on IWBTG, in part because it's clearly due to his psychoses that he'd be able to do that, and in part because it was such a great troll of you guys.

I thought that was why. The former reason, that is. Given Quixote's antics back in his source material, he was used to everything trying to kill him. However, since I've never played the game or read Quixote's book, I wouldn't have that good of a reference point.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 pm

The former? Really? Because I've been discarding half the questions I think to ask on the basis that I know the answer is secretly "for the trollz". :P
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Blurred_9L on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Rick Healey wrote:...and in part because it was such a great troll of you guys.

We already know this is the main appeal to be a gamemaster, so with elephants. I didn't mind it that much, it's just a game :P
Besides I was at school and missed the oppotunity to link him to something >.>
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Rick Healey on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Blurred_9L wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:...and in part because it was such a great troll of you guys.

We already know this is the main appeal to be a gamemaster, so with elephants. I didn't mind it that much, it's just a game :P
Besides I was at school and missed the oppotunity to link him to something >.>

No, the main appeal of a gamemaster is to write out a good story and see it completed. Trolling is just a fun secondary goal.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Ben Plante on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Trolling was hardly my first goal, I meant to entertain you guys before myself. Also, pre-bucket list arc filler stuff was a bit difficult, I know that was kind of a low point.

But yeah, the perfection stuff was less LOOK HOW AWESOME HE IS and more DOESN'T THIS JUST AGGRAVATE YOU!? So I don't deny falling back on trollzy stuff for filler.
Ben Plante
Puppetmaster

Return to Don Quixote