Pushing too far

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Pushing too far

Postby Krika on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 pm

If we had pushed on Romeo too hard, could he have ended up joining the Cabal in some capacity as LJS kinda did? Was anything like that on the table as a possible option? And was there an option for them not to hook back up together at the end?
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Re: Pushing too far

Postby Val Reznitskaya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Believe it or not, most things were on the table in this game. Romeo's reason for opposing the Cabal had to do with Juliet - at that time, the Cabal was in favor of having all fictionals stay on this side of the wall. Romeo knew that Juliet didn't want to stay, and as soon as he found out about the Cabal's intentions, he shot them down.

But we would probably have run with it if you gave him a good reason to join the Cabal. If, for example, you convinced him that being a spy would in some way help Juliet, his reaction to Don Juan's letter might have been quite different.

The same is true with Romeo and Juliet's relationship. They drifted back together because it aligned with their character development, and because you guys weren't actively pushing them in a different direction.
Val Reznitskaya
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:15 pm

That said, do you really think he would have a made a good spy?
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Dana wrote:That said, do you really think he would have a made a good spy?

As I said at the time....

No not really. Would have been funny though.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:14 am

Did we... help them drift apart in the beginning? With TV Tropes and lolcats and whatnot.
(WHATEVER THE ANSWER IS, I HAVE NO REGRETS. :twisted: )
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Val Reznitskaya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:23 am

The stuff you linked them to was perfectly in line with our outline at that time, so the drifting would probably have happened regardless. But it was certainly a nice touch, and it looks like you guys had as much fun with it as we did.
Val Reznitskaya
Puppetmaster

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:34 am

One of my favorite blog posts from any character is Romeo's "Internet Bros", which was influenced to some extent by the silly things you linked him to.

I love that Romeo thought the Internet was one big fraternity, I love that he liked lolcats, I love the blend of iambic pentameter and brospeak... it's just so much fun.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Postby Val Reznitskaya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:38 am

That post wasn't even in the outline. I just kind of spewed it after the wave of links hit. So much fun.
Val Reznitskaya
Puppetmaster

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:49 am

Val Reznitskaya wrote:That post wasn't even in the outline. I just kind of spewed it after the wave of links hit. So much fun.

And it was brilliant. Thank you for that.
JackAlsworth

Postby Val Reznitskaya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:52 am

JackAlsworth wrote:
Val Reznitskaya wrote:That post wasn't even in the outline. I just kind of spewed it after the wave of links hit. So much fun.

And it was brilliant. Thank you for that.

Thank YOU!! =D I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it.
Val Reznitskaya
Puppetmaster

Return to Romeo & Juliet