Wicked Witch the Science Guy

Moderator: Post Mortem Mods

Wicked Witch the Science Guy

Postby Dryunya on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 am

What was the thought process behind making her so awesome? :roll:
I won't ask why she didn't leave her technological advancements for us, but it sure would be sweet if she did. :(
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Wicked Witch the Science Guy

Postby Dana on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 am

Eric Kays.

No, really. He was the thought process.
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:45 am

Dryunya wrote:I won't ask why she didn't leave her technological advancements for us, but it sure would be sweet if she did. :(

She did.

Sicon got them all.
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:32 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
Dryunya wrote:I won't ask why she didn't leave her technological advancements for us, but it sure would be sweet if she did. :(

She did.

Sicon got them all.

No I didn't! I totally didn't hide them in my basement! You can't prove anything!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Eric Kays on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 pm

I am responsible for Wicked Witch's experiments with science. I'm actually very surprised and happy that I was able to do that in the first place since almost everything else in the game didn't lend itself to it. I love science and science fiction, so I'm usually looking into new technological advancements and random science-y things on Wikipedia. Wicked Witch's storyline was being written and we were coming up with ways for her to angst about being in this world and trying to find ways to go home. I don't know who thought of wormholes, though.

I really wanted to make her post realisticish. Being an art student with a passing knowledge of physics and science fiction, I pretty much have no idea what I'm talking about. That didn't stop me from... wikipediaing... the entire thing. If you look this stuff up, you'll find that I used real terms and ideas, though I'm not fully sure how accurate they are in this piece. In any case, it was probably my favorite writing assignment. I had a ton of fun coming up with theory and for once applying my "knowledge" of time and space theory.
Eric Kays
Puppetmaster

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:50 pm

:shock: :? :) :D :lol:

Seriously. We loved that. We really did, and it helped out with us tweaking with the Metaverse, regardless of original intention. Really: Limes, have them. :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Eric Kays on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 pm

blogpost wrote:Quoth Dryunya:

I… think that’s not exactly a scientific approach, lady Witch.
I understood your last post as an attempt to analyze the interdimensional travels and… I don’t know, apply your magic to repeat them? But I don’t think just trying out fictional means of transportation is going to work. They are called ‘fictional’ for a reason.

Well alright then. You wanted science? I give you science.

This was created by Dana. To be honest, I wrote that piece LONG before the game was launched and I had written a different opening.

"This next post is all about what I think I’ll call the biggest cocktease of your world. I've figured out that the equivalent to my magic is your science... your scientists have seriously wasted a lot of time in developing even crude forms of transportation compared to my world. This is the story of my studies of and disappointment in wormhole theory."

Honestly, Dryunya made this so much better with his comment. It set up the idea perfectly.

gregalicious wrote:You lead an interesting life. Perhaps you should’ve kept the dinosaur. He could’ve been useful in the campaign. People love dinosaurs. Was it a T-Rex? Raptor? Or something boring like a stegosaurus? Was it covered in feathers? Did it taste like chicken? In case you couldn’t tell, I love dinosaurs too.

Raptor. A real one, not the Jurassic Park one. No feathers. Feathers on a dinosaur suck. It tasted like malice and little dogs.
Eric Kays
Puppetmaster

Postby Dana on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:09 am

Yeah, uh, basically decided that since we decided to go a bit more serious and less outwardly comedic, to cut things like "cocktease" and AND THEN AN INTERDIMENSIONAL WORMHOLE OPENED AND THERE WAS A DINOSAUR. I just kept the reference ;)
Dana
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:22 am

Eric Kays wrote:If you look this stuff up, you'll find that I used real terms and ideas, though I'm not fully sure how accurate they are in this piece.

...Ok. Actually, screw scientific accuracy. What does interest me is her multidimensional model. Does it have an explanation, or is it Techno Babble? I tried to wrap my mind around it, and I came to conclusion that there should be one more dimension for her model to make sense. Or something. I don't remember, nor do I want to think about it again. It was frustrating. :?
Actually, yes I do. If the model was something you made up on the spot, we can improve it. For Science! :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Tom on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:00 pm

It made some degree of sense to me, but I guess if Eric doesn't respond, we'll never know what he intended.
Tom
Puppetmaster

Return to The Wicked Witch