The Confrontation

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

The Confrontation

Postby Adell on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Okay guys, it's almost time to meet the golly green giant, so Mr.A and I have discussed a few more things. We've decided that the exact time I should arrive at the crack in the wall should be 6:00 P.M EST. Mr.A predicts that the wall at that point will be weak enough for Cthulu to pass through, and once he starts entering our world is when I need to have the app ready to push him back; The point when he's in between both the fictional world and reality is when he'll be most vulnerable to it.

I'm okay with this, gives me a few hours to...prepare, maybe, like say goodbye's to a few people (Ya know, Just in case, of course)...and, uh figure the app out. Speaking of which, Between me and the remaining instantiations, we have determined what we think the app is supposed to do; can't exactly ask the original one who created it NOW *sigh*. It's about as confusing to operate as you think it is...even they are at a loss as to what the UI creator was thinking. But I have some idea what I'm doing now, but it's gonna be a bit...touch and go.

Mr.A also encouraged that I set up a livestream for the encounter, so that you guys could watch and support me. Apparently, it might make the app work better (or at least give me some piece of mind)? Again, can't exactly confirm that anymore (Thanks a lot, Mr.A)

...I dunno, maybe we're trying to invoke power of friendship or something :lol: Anyway, here's the link: https://new.livestream.com/accounts/121 ... ts/1751773. I have it set to start streaming around 6 when I'll arrive at the area.

So...yeah. I think this is it guys. At this point, I'm just about ready to expect anything at this point. I'd be lying if I wasn't a bit worried, but I know that no matter what happens, we will win.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Re: The Confrontation

Postby Victin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:50 pm

IS THAT TODAY!?

WHEN, PIXEL, WHEN?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:50 pm

See, that's the kind of attitude that gets you totally fucked over, mister mod. (I challenge you to prove me wrong. ^^)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Best of luck Adell! I have the utmost confidence in you. I wish I could watch the stream as it happens, but I'll be otherwise occupied. You'll be in my thoughts.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Blurred_9L on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Well, I guess this is it then. We'll be waiting for your return. I wish I could come up with some manner of speech, but that's not really my thing. We have accomplished many things, this will be another one of them, the only thing different is that you'll represent us all. But, you're not really alone, I guess we'll be watching and stuff.

Okay, good luck then, Hurricane Slayer :P
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Jeroic9 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Remember, the Cabal can serve as effective meat shields and Cthulu'd probably be more vulnerable to the mythic archetypes of weapons rather than the actual, physical ones themselves.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby S_o_S on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:53 pm

We've got your back Adell. All the best my friend.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Best of luck mod. :)
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 pm

I did my part. The way is clear. Good luck, man.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:58 pm

My best wishes for you. Take these :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: man. Go safely, and don't forget rule #42:

Always carry a towel with you.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Victin wrote:My best wishes for you. Take these :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: man. Go safely, and don't forget rule #42:

Always carry a towel with you.

...What good is a TOWEL going to do? To clear up Cthulhu slime? :x

Good luck, Adell.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Bring some eldritch sushi back with you. :P
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby BlackWolfe on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:09 pm

It's dangerous to go alone.
Take this
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby GuestUser17 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Good luck Adell! Probably won't be able to watch the stream live but tweet if you need anything.
GuestUser17
Meta-Dark Knight

Postby Tohrinha on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Luck, Adell. See you back here when it's over.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:05 pm

As a precautionary, if you fail, and the world ends, I've already told my classmates to direct their blame towards me, and I will in turn direct it towards you. No pressure. :)
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Get some Green Stuff (TM) back. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Good luck Adell.

God bless you. May you come back alive and may the world not end on today.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Um....is the Cabal dead?

Adell? ADELL? CAN YOU HEAR ME!?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby S_o_S on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 pm

For those who haven't heard.

Contact with Adell has been lost. His status is unknown.

Cthulhu is back behind the wall, which is now completely sealed. However, it's up to Gurt and co. to send him back completely.

The Cabal reinforced Adell, but their status is also unknown. Morgan in particular may be dead if the video is any indication.

We await further news.
S_o_S

Postby Adell on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 pm

I’m so sorry for making you all panic, and that I was unconscious for this long, but I made it, I am alive! Things escalated super quickly and my head still really hurts from the fall, though, so bear in mind that I’m a little light headed.

I’m not sure how much you guys saw, but once I finally fired the app the battery for the phone dropped to zero almost instantly. I was expecting way longer of a confrontation or at the very least to talk with you guys and the cabal over the live stream afterwards…but, well things didn’t turn out that way. Almost immediately after Cthulu had been sent home I lost consciousness. I want to say it had something to do with the app, but I think it was more disbelief than anything (sorry for being such a wimp out there :<)

When I finally came too I was inside of an ambulance. Apparently either someone had heard what had happened or called for one (I guess Mr.A could have feasibly done so, he knew our exact location). The paramedics came over and checked on me; beyond a minor concussion they said I was fine. They asked me if I knew the other three that they found near me and I said yes and asked them if they were alright; turned out they were already being taken away to a nearby hospital; they were alive but were in critical condition; they weren’t even sure if the Cabal would make it to the hospital.

The paramedics then handed me letters that they had found on all three of the Cabal and after a little while cleared me to be able to go home. I gave them my number so they could keep me up to date with their condition. The letters though…I haven’t looked at them yet, I’m not exactly in the right state of mind to be reading some kind of suicide note or whatever they are. I will take a look at them soon, though, I promise. I just want to sleep this off first.

I am a little woozy, and I think my friends phone is broken (the screen is half melted, not sure how I’m gonna explain that), but…I made it. Thanks guys, I don’t think I would have survived if you hadn’t written so many stories, sang so many songs. I may have been the one with the app, but I don’t think it would have worked without all of you having my back. So…thanks, and boy does it feel good to be alive.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Adell wrote:I’m so sorry for making you all panic, and that I was unconscious for this long, but I made it, I am alive! Things escalated super quickly and my head still really hurts from the fall, though, so bear in mind that I’m a little light headed.

I’m not sure how much you guys saw, but once I finally fired the app the battery for the phone dropped to zero almost instantly. I was expecting way longer of a confrontation or at the very least to talk with you guys and the cabal over the live stream afterwards…but, well things didn’t turn out that way. Almost immediately after Cthulu had been sent home I lost consciousness. I want to say it had something to do with the app, but I think it was more disbelief than anything (sorry for being such a wimp out there :<)

When I finally came too I was inside of an ambulance. Apparently either someone had heard what had happened or called for one (I guess Mr.A could have feasibly done so, he knew our exact location). The paramedics came over and checked on me; beyond a minor concussion they said I was fine. They asked me if I knew the other three that they found near me and I said yes and asked them if they were alright; turned out they were already being taken away to a nearby hospital; they were alive but were in critical condition; they weren’t even sure if the Cabal would make it to the hospital.

The paramedics then handed my letters that they had found on all three of the Cabal and after a little while cleared me to be able to go home. I gave them my number so they could keep me up to date with their condition. The letters though…I haven’t looked at them yet, I’m not exactly in the right state of mind to be reading some kind of suicide note or whatever they are. I will take a look at them soon, though, I promise. I just want to sleep this off first.

I am a little woozy, and I think my friends phone is broken (the screen is half melted, not sure how I’m gonna explain that), but…I made it. Thanks guys, I don’t think I would have survived if you hadn’t written so many stories, sang so many songs. I may have been the one with the app, but I don’t think it would have worked without all of you having my back. So…thanks, and boy does it feel good to be alive.

Thank goodness you're back.

God protected you all right

And Adell, I shall call you the Don Quixote out of all of us all. You are the bravest Metaguard so far.

I'll be putting Badass on the character sheet for you.

Have some limes too.

:gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:

ADELL BEAT CTHULHU

LIKE A BOSS

THE CABAL HELPED HIM

LIKE A BOSS

MORGANA'S MAGIC WORKED

LIKE A BOSS
Last edited by The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby BlackWolfe on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Rock on with you Elder-God-Stomping Donkey, Adell!
But soft! What rock through yonder window breaks? It is a brick! And Juliet is out cold!
Man, I'm really glad R&J got refic'd before I added this signature.
BlackWolfe

Postby S_o_S on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Remember, this is only the first step. The rest is up to Gurt.

BUT FUCK YES ADELL LIVES AGAINST THE ODDS AND LASERED CTHULHU IN THE FACE.

Friends, this may be the greatest day for the ARG. First Sicon, now this.
S_o_S

Postby JRPictures on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 pm

I just caught up and watched this and holy sh*t was that amazing.

We're gonna win. We're really gonna win this

Cthulhu has been kept back, Adell and Sicon are alive and have won and I got the final wall piece

Just limes for everyone EVERYONE. :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Next

Return to General Discussion