Nick Farrell

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Nick Farrell

Postby Lisovek on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:19 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:He's referring to this article that Joe found a while back, which dryunya reversed and found the Witch's blog in a personal ad. Apparently there was another ad that was cut off, and we missed because we were so engrossed in the Witch.

That is correct. I am not entirely aware if this is indeed important, as previously mentioned. I apologize for not linking the article in question. Much thanks you, JackAlsworth.

I did attempt to improve the clarity of the photograph, but my efficacy with such software is limited.
Sacred daimons living upon the earth,
Noble spirits, protectors against evil, guardians of articulate mortals?

We'll certainly believe That.
Lisovek

Postby Dekso on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Don't know if it's been mentioned but there's also the account of the guy who posted the video of the man running through the forest (with the fairies?) called Ron Deckland which was on the first WTF episode, I think: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaIksKy023ma-A-G-tVXfIQ

He commented on Joe's first episode of WTF but the only other thing he's done is like videos of National Park Photography. Not sure if anything is relevent though.
Dekso

Postby Lisovek on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Dekso wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned but there's also the account of the guy who posted the video of the man running through the forest (with the fairies?) called Ron Deckland which was on the first WTF episode, I think: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaIksKy023ma-A-G-tVXfIQ

He commented on Joe's first episode of WTF but the only other thing he's done is like videos of National Park Photography. Not sure if anything is relevent though.

This is true as well. The one, Ron Deckland, may also note that he has taken an interest in the Supervolcano at Yellowstone Park. This volcano is fated to explode in an apocalyptic blast.

The very first video uploader upon Youtube, 'krycek61085', may be ignored safely, perhaps. Found here, http://www.youtube.com/user/krycek61085, they possess only one video. Perhaps these persons who have submitted the videos are still of some importance. Or is it merely, as one says, a red herring.
Sacred daimons living upon the earth,
Noble spirits, protectors against evil, guardians of articulate mortals?

We'll certainly believe That.
Lisovek

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:07 am

Lisovek wrote:The advertisement seems to read "HAS AN[YONE] SEEN MY [...] IF(?) WIFE [...] CONTA[CT] EA(...) SHE DEFINENT(?) DEA[D]"

This 'Nick Farrell' has many a time mentioned his wife, but, as of late, no longer posted his video recording on his channel.
Perhaps he is the one who has lost his wife?

Thanks you.

Good job, creepy green dude! That cements Farrell as a POI. Still don't know what this is about, though. Maybe we'll find his wife.
WMG: His wife has crossed the wall (you know, in the other direction).
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 pm

HE HAS FOUND QUIXOTE'S CHAINMAIL.

...didn't see that coming. :shock:

UPD: If anyone can establish the location, please do. I'll be unavailable in about 20 minutes, for an hour or so. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Dryunya wrote:HE HAS FOUND QUIXOTE'S CHAINMAIL.

UPD: If anyone can establish the location, please do. I'll be unavailable in about 20 minutes, for an hour or so. :evil:

Could it be the same laundry as Joan's?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Dryunya wrote:HE HAS FOUND QUIXOTE'S CHAINMAIL.

LOCATION CONFIRMED: Dumpster near the elevator he took in WTF. Brick texture and visible building age correlate directly.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Yeah, I thought that too. But I thought Quixote searched there! I asked the guy when he filmed this. Hopefully he will answer.
I don't know if we should tell Quixote about this. If it's not there anymore, he may unleash all that is unchivalrous at that guy. :)

...wait.
Should we even tell him about the armor? He'll walk around in it if we do, and that's not good... :?
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:48 pm

Dryunya wrote:Yeah, I thought that too. But I thought Quixote searched there! I asked the guy when he filmed this. Hopefully he will answer.
I don't know if we should tell Quixote about this. If it's not there anymore, he may unleash all that is unchivalrous at that guy. :)

...wait.
Should we even tell him about the armor? He'll walk around in it if we do, and that's not good... :?

Dude, the dumpster is literally IN the first video... You can see that sign on the door in the opening shot. It's RIGHT there.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Yeah, but the dumpsters tend to be emptied regularly, and that video may be a week old, or even older. AND, as I said, I'm not sure what telling Quixote would accomplish beside making him a bit happier. He's having a hard time fitting in even the way he is now.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Dryunya wrote:Yeah, but the dumpsters tend to be emptied regularly, and that video may be a week old, or even older. AND, as I said, I'm not sure what telling Quixote would accomplish beside making him a bit happier. He's having a hard time fitting in even the way he is now.

I'm saying that the first WTF vid had the same location as this new one. Quixote's armor was put in THAT dumpster at whatever time this vid was made. For meta reasons (AKA, so it actually has a point) I would say the vid is fresh and we should just tell Quixote to go back and get his armor. Besides, I want to see what he does with it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Ok, that makes sense...
But if the video is fresh (and that means it wasn't Farrell who initially took his armor), what was it doing in a washing machine? :?
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Dryunya wrote:Ok, that makes sense...
But if the video is fresh (and that means it wasn't Farrell who initially took his armor), what was it doing in a washing machine? :?

Absolutely no clue. But I can confirm 100% that it was right there in that car park.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 pm

For all we know, that was his original "brilliant" hiding place, and he just forgot which machine he left it in.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Adell on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Guess we were right that it ended up in the trash lol.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:48 am

Having asked him, I now know that he filmed that a while ago, and he doubts that the armor is still there.
Hell, they wouldn't have posted a video if it didn't mean anything, right? :|

UPD: Oh, and that also means that Farrell was the one who found it first.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:14 am

I haven't really been paying attention to this guy until just now, but I agree with what has been said before, he's creepy. Not only that, but he kind of strikes me as a bit...fictional? I don't know. His behavior just seems a bit off. Especially in the latest video. The way he marveled at the washing machine. How he referred to the armor as a "weird shiny object". Also, he was about to say that it reminded him of something, but then never finished his sentence. What was he going to say? Also, did you guys notice he was holding the camera sideways the whole time, like he didn't know how to operate the thing.

What if this guy, Nick Farrell, was a fictional? I know someone suggested in the past that his wife passed through the wall in the opposite direction, but what if it was Nick Farrell that went through the wall? His wife never came with him, which explains why he would be missing her? He may have come across the camcorder and somehow got it into his head that it was a communication device he could use to speak to his wife. So he went around with his camcorder, seeing everything for the first time, and trying to speak to his wife. It makes sense in my mind.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:36 am

That was... pretty Epileptic. Mr. A didn't recognize him as fictional, by the way.
(I did ask him about the washing machine, though - he hasn't answered yet.)
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:47 am

Dryunya wrote:That was... pretty Epileptic. Mr. A didn't recognize him as fictional, by the way.
(I did ask him about the washing machine, though - he hasn't answered yet.)

It is a theory, but one I am absolutely convinced is right. As for Mr. A not recognizing them, maybe it's not that unusual. All other characters he's identified were either pointed to by other sources, such as the ceberus video, the dancing men letter, or the letter in the bottle, or didn't bother to conceal their identities at all, such as Romeo and Juliet. Mr. A probably didn't recognize Farrell because he hadn't been directed to look at him as a character. I don't believe it was established how Mr. A has recognized fictionals in the past. So he could possibly miss some.

The more I watch the videos, the more I'm convinced my theory is true, though I've altered it somewhat. He doesn't think the camcorder is a communication device to his wife, he believes his wife is inside. That's why he keeps pointing it at everything, and saying "Come out here". He wants to draw her out.
WackyMeetsPractical

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:17 am

Well, in that case we should try to get his identity out of him, and the only way I know is to ask him some inconspicuous question, but I have no idea which one. :?
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:18 am

Dryunya wrote:Well, in that case we should try to get his identity out of him, and the only way I know is to ask him some inconspicuous question, but I have no idea which one. :?

Do we actually have a way to talk to him? Does he respond to comments?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:22 am

Well, he did respond to mine at the armor video.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:24 am

KFSebnti25 wrote:I feel that would be the best course of action, at this time with what we know. If many people poke at him with relatively the same question reworded, rather the same poster asking over and over, the author of the video will be more likely to share-- and in the case he's threatened, he'll feel safe that it's only... it's only...

Trolls. That it's only trolls.

Yes. Right.

...you lost me.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:18 pm

In that case we should come up with a list of questions and tropers who are ready to ask them.
Dryunya

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Dryunya wrote:In that case we should come up with a list of questions and tropers who are ready to ask them.

I was going to ask about his wife. It would look something like this:

Where's your wife during all this? She doesn't show up in the video and doesn't speak.
WackyMeetsPractical

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion