Creation of the TVTropes Page

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Creation of the TVTropes Page

Postby Victin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:59 pm

SOHCAHTOA wrote:What about rEALITY eND?

Fake.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Victin wrote:We fought Medusa and that A-dasfdas guy from African oral tradition.

you mean ANANSI.
And... hmm, yes, Anansi probably should be up there, since we have semi-canon on him.
But I don't want to add it, for semi-obvious reasons. Feel free to put him up. But I don't think people without ANY plot need to be there.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby SOHCAHTOA on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Ah, I see. I don't remember when he was last mentioned in the timeline, but I've got a short memory, so, yeah.
I'm back, not that anyone cares.
SOHCAHTOA

Postby Dryunya on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Maybe we should make a section for the characters that didn't have any interaction.
(Also, rEALITY and Jester's plotlines can actually have a mention, especially considering that they BOTH turned out to be right in a way. o_O)
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:15 am

On Pan's image. I want it to include that Stripperific Tinkerbell, both because it gives a context for his reaction ( :lol: ), and more obvious reasons. :gurt: But I'm not sure how to fit them both.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 am

Dryunya wrote:On Pan's image. I want it to include that Stripperific Tinkerbell, both because it gives a context for his reaction ( :lol: ), and more obvious reasons. :gurt: But I'm not sure how to fit them both.

Wait... What did I lose?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 pm

What did you lose? :|
I'm talking about Pan's echo.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 pm

Speaking of nothing in particular, don't you think that James Raikes should be on the characters page by now?
He's just become Chekhov's Gunman. And stuff.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Victin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Speaking of nothing in particular, don't you think that James Raikes should be on the characters page by now?
He's just become Chekhov's Gunman. And stuff.

Refresh my memory, please, James Raikes who?
EDIT: Forget it. Again, as soon as I ask, I change tabs and see it in another thread.
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:22 am

Now I've done it.

I'VE MESSED UP THE CHARACTER SHEET BY ADDING PICTURES OF THE CABAL! AAAARGH!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:25 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Now I've done it.

Well, I'm sure someone who is more experienced at editing will figure out some way to fix the format. Out of curiosity, why is Moriarty's pic the odd one out? It's from a different echo.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:29 am

Sicon112 wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:Now I've done it.

Well, I'm sure someone who is more experienced at editing will figure out some way to fix the format. Out of curiosity, why is Moriarty's pic the odd one out? It's from a different echo.

I tried to get the one from the Cabal echo, but it was too big.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 am

Do we have a trope for Magic = Technology?
Metaneko is a cat. That is seemingly internet omniscient and can send emails from a non-existent email address.
The Witch. No curses work, but she could go SCIENCE to the point of reviving a dinosaur, and eating it.
Now there is Morgan in this exchange with me.

Three make a pattern, don't you think?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 am

Thread-hopping to address TWWP's issue.
We need to align the pictures properly. I don't think it can be done with line breaks anymore, and I don't know any other ways. If no one can fix it, maybe we should take it to TRS back on the wiki?
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:01 am

Dryunya wrote:Thread-hopping to address TWWP's issue.
We need to align the pictures properly. I don't think it can be done with line breaks anymore, and I don't know any other ways. If no one can fix it, maybe we should take it to TRS back on the wiki?

Er.. thank you for not screaming at me, Sicon and Dryunya.

Also, ummm.... for the Character Sheet, did I get some of the tropes right?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby JRPictures on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:31 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Er.. thank you for not screaming at me, Sicon and Dryunya.

Also, ummm.... for the Character Sheet, did I get some of the tropes right?

You did fine with the tropes.

Dryunya wrote:Thread-hopping to address TWWP's issue.

As for the photo alignment, I tried my best with the line breaks. I'm not sure how to handle this, perhaps we should get new photos and cut them down to a squarer size so they don't take up too much room. I'm not doing it It would be too much for me.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:24 am

Also, something bugs me about R&J. They're in the same image, but different sections. I suggest we either:
  • Merge them into a single section with a single image, with to subtitles as "Tropes that Apply to Romeo" and "Tropes that apply to Juliet";
  • Or actually split the image and have each be in his own stand alone section.
Also, Alphabetical Order for the characters?
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Also, something bugs me about R&J. They're in the same image, but different sections. I suggest we either:
  • Merge them into a single section with a single image, with to subtitles as "Tropes that Apply to Romeo" and "Tropes that apply to Juliet";
  • Or actually split the image and have each be in his own stand alone section.
Also, Alphabetical Order for the characters?

I vote for splitting the image, I reckon both characters should have their own space :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Their picture is the only one of acceptable quality so far. We can wait for another echo, but I like Pixel's single section approach.
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Put the new Poirot picture on the sheet.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Personally I don't like it.
The text is clearly upside down and the image is weird because it was drawn to be seen with him hanging down... And crazy awesome as it would be to have him hanging on his profile picture, I don't think that is a good image to use in general. Don't switch back on my account. I just wouldn't keep it, but wait for more opinions.
Pixelmage

Postby Adell on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Personally I don't like it.
The text is clearly upside down and the image is weird because it was drawn to be seen with him hanging down... And crazy awesome as it would be to have him hanging on his profile picture, I don't think that is a good image to use in general. Don't switch back on my account. I just wouldn't keep it, but wait for more opinions.

I personally preferred the silly mask picture myself.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:44 pm

I agree with WitchPixie; the upside-down text is dizzying. The mask picture works better.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Replaced the picture.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Dryunya on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:44 am

I know I'm not supposed to be here, Qara, but I follow twitter, mkay?

Considering that we have no pictures for Deanna and Brad, and it's unlikely we'll get any, I have a temptation to use lolcats from Quixote's feed, with a caption "As seen by Don Quixote".
Anyone crazy enough to support me? :roll:
Dryunya

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion