Creation of the TVTropes Page

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Creation of the TVTropes Page

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 pm

HarDHarKoopa wrote:Okay, I've been asleep for 15 hours and therefore may have missed this, but is anyone working on character pages for The Cabal? Especially now that we know their individual identities? Or am I an idiot and it's already on the page? Most likely the latter.

Actually, I don't think the Cabal's members where added to the character page yet.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby HarDHarKoopa on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
HarDHarKoopa wrote:Okay, I've been asleep for 15 hours and therefore may have missed this, but is anyone working on character pages for The Cabal? Especially now that we know their individual identities? Or am I an idiot and it's already on the page? Most likely the latter.

Actually, I don't think the Cabal's members where added to the character page yet.

I...I actually made a worthwhile suggestion...WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS!? If the Wicked Witch posts taking credit, I will scream.
"There can't possibly be any meaning in this world. But isn't that wonderful in its own right? Because if there isn't any, we can find our own." -Some anime

And remember: Have fun!
HarDHarKoopa

Postby Krika on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Also, we do need to add Adam F and Peter to the list.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby HarDHarKoopa on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Krika wrote:Also, we do need to add Adam F and Peter to the list.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot those two had been confirmed.
"There can't possibly be any meaning in this world. But isn't that wonderful in its own right? Because if there isn't any, we can find our own." -Some anime

And remember: Have fun!
HarDHarKoopa

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:20 am

I know we should add the Cabal, but we hardly have any info on them (even Mr. A's confirmation sounds vague). You may add placeholders for now, but the tropes are going to have to wait for their plotline.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Greyscale on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:23 am

I don't think Mr. A had space to name them all specifically in that tweet, and it's fair to say their plotline began with the letters. I don't see a problem with adding them now.

Cabal, Adam, and Pan all need new sections...
Greyscale

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:25 am

You can go ahead and add a section for Moriarty too now...

It's been confirmed by Holmes. He's here.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 am

Um? All I can see is a mention of a "good-looking guy who could use a shave".
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:34 am

Dryunya wrote:Um? All I can see is a mention of a "good-looking guy who could use a shave".

Look on the sidebar and you will see recent comments. Click on the one by hdetectiveservices.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:36 am

Oh. Oooooooooh. :?

(But if Don Juan is that guy with the glasses... That's not what Google gives me. On the other hand, I could say the same about Morgana.)
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 am

Dryunya wrote:Oh. Oooooooooh. :?

(But if Don Juan is that guy with the glasses... That's not what Google gives me. On the other hand, I could say the same about Morgana.)

Isn't the guy with the glasses Moriarty? Don Juan is the guy in purple, with the goatee.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:30 am

Um... That was sooo out of the question for me that I didn't even consider it. It... does make some sense, though.

Ok, back on tracks. Does anyone know how to align the images properly? Currently we align the text with the line breaks, which is clearly not the way it meant to be. I tried to use hidden line before (forgot the tag), but it didn't work. Suggestions?
Dryunya

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:33 am

Morgana could use a trope along the lines of everyone hitting on her. I'm not too familiar with Tropese.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Greyscale on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm

If the TV Tropes page is ever going to bring folks here, we need to get to crosswicking it pretty seriously. There's basically nothing that links in except Drinking Game.

Basically, we should go to every trope listed on the main and character pages, and add the game to those trope pages.
Greyscale

Postby Chief Wakamakamu on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Greyscale wrote:If the TV Tropes page is ever going to bring folks here, we need to get to crosswicking it pretty seriously. There's basically nothing that links in except Drinking Game.

Basically, we should go to every trope listed on the main and character pages, and add the game to those trope pages.

This is a good call. Also, several of the character pages are outdated.
Chief Wakamakamu
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Greyscale wrote:If the TV Tropes page is ever going to bring folks here, we need to get to crosswicking it pretty seriously. There's basically nothing that links in except Drinking Game.

Well, I would start with the main page tropes and the really notable incidents on the character page, such as the Cat's trolling of the Cabal. After that, we can branch out to getting on every other page. We definitely need to Entry Pimp it at the slightest excuse though, so eventually we will hopefully have a mention on every single trope page noted, even some of the ones for metaguards, because it will only let more people see it.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Greyscale on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:34 pm

You speak the truth.
Greyscale

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Even if people get to the Tvtropes page, I don't see any message stating explicitly that yes, you can help. Which is strange, considering this is an interactive ARG which is taking place right now.
RotavatoR

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:09 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Even if people get to the Tvtropes page, I don't see any message stating explicitly that yes, you can help. Which is strange, considering this is an interactive ARG which is taking place right now.

Someone add a first line to the main page as:
"This is a currently running ARG. If you're interested in joining, please [[link Watch The Footage]]"
?
Would that do it?
Pixelmage

Postby Krika on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Sounds good to me.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Problem is, I'm not really sure if that is allowed under the rules of TvTropes. As it is in-article advertising.
Pixelmage

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Problem is, I'm not really sure if that is allowed under the rules of TvTropes. As it is in-article advertising.

But it also doesn't make sense to conceal the fact that people can join. How about something more neutral like: "This is an in-progress ARG that welcomes newcomers. Those just starting out are invited to [[http://www.watchthefootage.com watch the footage]]."
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Well... I'll add it to end of the description section, as to not be in the way of the Wiki info... If we need to, we can remove it...
Pixelmage

Postby Greyscale on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Problem is, I'm not really sure if that is allowed under the rules of TvTropes. As it is in-article advertising.

I am 100000% sure TV Tropes is okay with advertising this ARG on TV Tropes. After all, TV Tropes has already advertised this ARG on TV Tropes. ;)
Greyscale

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:15 pm

We can now add Todd and Larson images from the recent comic. Also, if you add the ARG to another page, let us know so we have a list. I may start updating the OP to note which trope pages we have added examples to. That should streamline things.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion