Creation of the TVTropes Page

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Creation of the TVTropes Page

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:35 am

I'm reluctant to use the comic book images for real-world characters who have actual pictures posted. Just saying.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 am

Dryunya wrote:I'm reluctant to use the comic book images for real-world characters who have actual pictures posted. Just saying.

Valid point. Sweeny should have one though.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:32 am

Yeah, let's stick with Real World Characters having real photos. As for the fictional characters, every time their Comic Book Echo appears, use that in place of the pictures I used before.

And can tropers have their avatars on the character sheet?

( Note: Peter Pan is an exception, as he posted a video. And for Mr. Administrator, we could put a picture of the bottom of his head, seen in the Mr. A thread I put up, or we could spoil it by putting a picture of him from Mind Screw.)
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 am

Nah, Mr. A should stay faceless. That's pretty much his iconic appearance.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 am

Has anybody added Derailed Train Of Thought to the trope list for the ARG yet, because if not, why the heck not?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:20 pm

That's more of a forum trope (also, I didn't know this trope existed - I'm somewhat savvy, but not that much). Now that you say that, we should at least add a passing mention to rEALITY and the Cake Guy on Red Herrings. ;)
Dryunya

Postby Krika on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

And someone still needs to add Peter and Adam to the list of fictites.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:39 am

What are Trademark Favourite Food And Shipping doing in the ARG tropes. Aren't they forum tropes as well?

Also, I've moved the contents of the Shards page to ImageLinks/TheWallWillFall and added the Shards page itself to the cutlist.
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:32 am

RotavatoR wrote:What are Trademark Favourite Food And Shipping doing in the ARG tropes. Aren't they forum tropes as well?

Also, I've moved the contents of the Shards page to ImageLinks/TheWallWillFall and added the Shards page itself to the cutlist.

I see in the history you said Mr. A confirmed that the wall and void are the same. As far as I know, he said the void was INSIDE the wall, bu nothing else. Where did he say otherwise?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:46 am

All right, it was long overdue, so I added the Cabal to the characters page. Too tired to find quotes and tropes for them at the moment, though; everyone else can feel free to do that.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 am

Sicon112 wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:What are Trademark Favourite Food And Shipping doing in the ARG tropes. Aren't they forum tropes as well?

I see in the history you said Mr. A confirmed that the wall and void are the same. As far as I know, he said the void was INSIDE the wall, bu nothing else. Where did he say otherwise?

Right here.
RotavatoR

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:43 pm

An important thought in light of the Refictionalization announcement: As the echoes come in (and retroactively for the ones we've got), we have to make SURE that every character has at least one trope from every relevant comic, so that we'll know what we've got to work with when we start on the stories.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:59 pm

So, who wants to start on the massive Shout-Out page for this ARG?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:03 pm

The Finch wrote:So, who wants to start on the massive Shout-Out page for this ARG?

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Finch on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:04 pm

It was bound to happen someday... Why not get started on it now?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:06 pm

I would, but I'll miss about 92% anyway.
Dryunya

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Added a bit to the YMMV page this morning. Hope it's okay.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Seems fine. I'm not really good at handling YMMV stuff, so you can go wild there.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:56 am

if we don't have it yet, can we please get a TearJerker page added to this thing? because if Don's reaction to Tara's death isn't that, then I don't know what is.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Scarab wrote:if we don't have it yet, can we please get a TearJerker page added to this thing? because if Don's reaction to Tara's death isn't that, then I don't know what is.

Looks like its been created. If you were wondering, it's not that hard to create a subpage, Scar :3

Just put the name of the subpage between "http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/" and the name of the main page, and then enter that in your address bar. If you edit the page, it will add itself to the main page as a subpage.

Speaking of the main page, should we add something about the Cabal to the description? And other important developments?
RotavatoR

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:17 am

I've added some bare-bones character sheets for our RL guys. Give them some love.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 pm

TWWP switched Sherlock images on us, and I don't exactly like the image he used. It's from a really strange angle and doesn't show a full shot of Sherlock, just his side.

Should it get changed back? What does everyone think?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Well, we've been through this at the chat - I do like the old one better. It's not a clear face shot, but the best we have. I thought about a full-face pic from the recent echo, but his face is pretty weird there, too. So... discussion?
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Dryunya wrote:Well, we've been through this at the chat - I do like the old one better. It's not a clear face shot, but the best we have. I thought about a full-face pic from the recent echo, but his face is pretty weird there, too. So... discussion?

The second echo doesn't really have any good shots...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 am

Sicon112 wrote:TWWP switched Sherlock images on us, and I don't exactly like the image he used. It's from a really strange angle and doesn't show a full shot of Sherlock, just his side.

Should it get changed back? What does everyone think?

Hmmmm

How about the last panel of the first Echo Comic?

No?

How about his second echo then?

No?

Use the old one then.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion