Creation of the TVTropes Page

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Creation of the TVTropes Page

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:42 am

Well, I checked the first comic again. The best face shot is in the last panel, but he's in a pretty awkward pose, and the speech bubbles will get in the way if we crop them (if we don't, they will be useless without context). I chose the first panel because it's self-sufficient and pretty funny by itself.

On a side note, Poirot's pic makes my OCD conflict itself: It's 256 pixels wide, when I stuck to 250, but uploading a whole new pic and cluttering TV Tropes' server is even worse. :?
Also, I hope we'll get another Poirot's comic, because a mask shot is not the best pic, even though it's the only one we have.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:09 am

Dryunya wrote:Well, I checked the first comic again. The best face shot is in the last panel, but he's in a pretty awkward pose, and the speech bubbles will get in the way if we crop them (if we don't, they will be useless without context). I chose the first panel because it's self-sufficient and pretty funny by itself.

On a side note, Poirot's pic makes my OCD conflict itself: It's 256 pixels wide, when I stuck to 250, but uploading a whole new pic and cluttering TV Tropes' server is even worse. :?
Also, I hope we'll get another Poirot's comic, because a mask shot is not the best pic, even though it's the only one we have.

Sorry.

I'll make it a bit smalller.

If it's the same, or worse, then I'll make it even smaller.
Last edited by The Wild West Pyro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:15 am

NNNoooooooo! You'll clutter the server with unnecessary images!! :(
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:24 am

Dryunya wrote:NNNoooooooo! You'll clutter the server with unnecessary images!! :(

I WILL NOT!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Please could we go back tot he first image for Sherlock? :cry: My brain won't stop hurting when I see the angles....
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Done.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:33 pm

How about Malaproper for Scarab?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Victin wrote:How about Malaproper for Scarab?

Go to offtopic and the character tropes thread.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Victin wrote:How about Malaproper for Scarab?

Go to offtopic and the character tropes thread.

SORRY, I DIDN'T REALIZE I WAS IN THE WRONG THREAD. RERAILING.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:58 am

HOW IS POIROT'S IMAGE?

IS IT OK?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:28 am

Well, it sucks that he's wearing a mask, but it's the best we have so far.
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:30 am

Dryunya wrote:Well, it sucks that he's wearing a mask, but it's the best we have so far.

OK.

I HOPE WE GET ANOTHER ECHO SOON.

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK WHEN I'M BACK FROM VIETNAM.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 am

Now, on the latest events. Do you think Quixote's storyline can be classified as Plot Tumor?
Dryunya

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Well, at the moment, it's only encapsulated Holmes' tale. If it continues to grow, then I say yes.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:25 pm

MacGyvering for Sherlock, anyone?
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:36 pm

It's possible, but I'm not sure if he's making a lockpick from whatever he had on hand, or assembling some device made for this purpose. In the latter case, it doesn't work.
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Dryunya wrote:It's possible, but I'm not sure if he's making a lockpick from whatever he had on hand, or assembling some device made for this purpose. In the latter case, it doesn't work.

That device is a Lockpick gun. I was at a Gun Show last week, so I know what it was.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Still doesn't answer the question. If he carried the parts for the Rake Gun (yep, I googled it) intentionally, that doesn't count as MacGuyvering.
Dryunya

Postby Victin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:14 pm

"WE INITIALLY SUSPECTED DEATH FROM EVERYMAN. BUT AS THERE WERE MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF THE DOCTOR, WE DETERMINED THEM INSTEAD TO BE IL MEDICO DELLA PESTE, FROM COMMEDIA DELL'ARTE."
Ok, where do I add this info about the Plague Doctors?
Victin

Postby Victin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Shouldn't we add the minor characters to the list?
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Well, other than Cinderella, we had NO plotline/interaction with them, so there should be no tropes to list. So maybe not?
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Victin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Well, other than Cinderella, we had NO plotline/interaction with them, so there should be no tropes to list. So maybe not?

That A-fsghjkds guy we did. And if Medusa is in the list... Also, Cinderella is in, so I think the others should be so, because they just SPOKE more about Cindy. BTW, I added something in Qara's character page
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Cinderella we had some plot with; she interacted with Holmes.
Medusa we had some plot with, in the form of Dil's story which got elevated to Canon.
I don't know what you mean by the A-whatever guy-- I don't see anything of that description on the char page.
But Dracula, Cerberus, etc. we have NOTHING on, just Word of God that they were here and now they're not. I don't think they're worth putting in.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Victin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Cinderella we had some plot with; she interacted with Holmes.
Medusa we had some plot with, in the form of Dil's story which got elevated to Canon.
I don't know what you mean by the A-whatever guy-- I don't see anything of that description on the char page.
But Dracula, Cerberus, etc. we have NOTHING on, just Word of God that they were here and now they're not. I don't think they're worth putting in.

We fought Medusa and that A-dasfdas guy from African oral tradition.
Victin

Postby SOHCAHTOA on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:57 pm

What about rEALITY eND?
I'm back, not that anyone cares.
SOHCAHTOA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion