Creation of the TVTropes Page

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Creation of the TVTropes Page

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I know how to move a page without deleting things, if we can make a new namespace, I'll move it.

Compare this link for the /Manga to this link for the /ARG. I think this means we don't need to create the Namespace, just move the page behind it. If so we could move TWWF there without messing with the other pages for now.

That's what I've been saying. Unfortunately, I'm an editing newbie too, so I don't know exactly how to move the pages correctly.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I know how to move a page without deleting things, if we can make a new namespace, I'll move it.

Compare this link for the /Manga to this link for the /ARG. I think this means we don't need to create the Namespace, just move the page behind it. If so we could move TWWF there without messing with the other pages for now.

Ok I'll try it.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Sicon112 wrote:That's what I've been saying. Unfortunately, I'm an editing newbie too, so I don't know exactly how to move the pages correctly.

There's only the difference on the subpages sidebar. Manga: Manga has main, headscratchers, heartwarming, etc...
ARG: ARG only has main... Maybe we'll have to declare those subpages... But I'm not sure.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:14 pm

It can be done. I'll move the page when I'm on my computer 'cos I'll be much less likely to balls it up.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm really not sure whether or not you need this, but here's Sweeney Todd.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8KfkicWAt2s/U ... sweeny.jpg

Also, what's Tails with a Rape Face?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:33 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:I'm really not sure whether or not you need this, but here's Sweeney Todd.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8KfkicWAt2s/U ... sweeny.jpg

Also, what's Tails with a Rape Face?

If you need to ask, I'm not sure what to tell you. Unless you just aren't familiar with Sonic.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Also, what's Tails with a Rape Face?

Tails
Rape face
Now put those two together. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:39 am

Dryunya wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:Also, what's Tails with a Rape Face?

Tails
Rape face
Now put those two together. :gurt:

Well now i'm not gonna sleep tonight
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 am

Trope page is now in the Alternate Reality Game namespace. Changed all links on other pages and the old page redirects to the new one.

New link:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/AlternateRealityGame/TheWallWillFall
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:22 am

You rock!.. Woo hoo!..
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:32 am

Added comic front page as the page image. Any ideas for a caption?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 am

What about "Oh deary me, I'm in pieces"
It's a tweet from Cheshire, and I guess it fits :)
RotavatoR

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:46 am

RotavatoR wrote:What about "Oh deary me, I'm in pieces"
It's a tweet from Cheshire, and I guess it fits :)

Nice idea, I'll put it on.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 am

Speaking of the TV Tropes page, could you help with the Characters part? Thank you.

-Finch
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:56 am

The Finch wrote:Speaking of the TV Tropes page, could you help with the Characters part? Thank you.

-Finch

I started the character page and put most of the stuff on it. You do it.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 am

Think about the character pictures I gave links for as well, with the help of Fantastic MRS. Fox as well. ( Did I get this right?)

Think about putting them on the character sheet as well, OK? And probably with those quotes at the WTF Characters section, on the forum page, just below their names.

Adios.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:41 am

Actually, I think you should use the original shattered form cover image. It kinda looks cooler, even though you can't see what is going on as well. And it gets rid of all those nasty looking blank white spaces.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:45 am

Someone else do it, I've just turned my computer off.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby NeverSlender on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:25 pm

I've changed the page image to the other version of the comic front page and organised the links/tropes into folders. It looks pretty good now.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Adell on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Like Ed said in a different topic, we need to flesh out the characters of the ARG in the character page. As it stands now the players have more tropes than the actual characters. This can be confusing and perhaps even a bit intimidating to new players who are trying to get a clear understanding on these characters.

I also suggest linking each one to the "What we Know" section for them, assuming they have one.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Adell wrote:Like Ed said in a different topic, we need to flesh out the characters of the ARG in the character page. As it stands now the players have more tropes than the actual characters. This can be confusing and perhaps even a bit intimidating to new players who are trying to get a clear understanding on these characters.

I also suggest linking each one to the "What we Know" section for them, assuming they have one.

And I think we should add Gurt and the others to the Characters from Reallity.
I'm surprised that they're not there yet, and since they were written for this, instead of coming from the other side, they don't fit the Characters from Fiction. Besides, Mr. A is in the Characters from reallity, even though he's not a person like joe and Joan Lawson.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JRPictures on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:09 am

I was thinking about suggesting that we have Gurt :gurt: and the other Meta-Guards be listed in a folder but as it appears you guys beat me to it. So yeah.

Pixelmage wrote:
Adell wrote:Like Ed said in a different topic, we need to flesh out the characters of the ARG in the character page. As it stands now the players have more tropes than the actual characters. This can be confusing and perhaps even a bit intimidating to new players who are trying to get a clear understanding on these characters.

And I think we should add Gurt and the others to the Characters from Reallity.
I'm surprised that they're not there yet, and since they were written for this, instead of coming from the other side, they don't fit the Characters from Fiction. Besides, Mr. A is in the Characters from reallity, even though he's not a person like joe and Joan Lawson.

Good point
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Can somebody create the Laconic, Haiku, and WMG pages for our page, please?

-Finch
The Finch

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:49 pm

The Finch wrote:Can somebody create the Laconic, Haiku, and WMG pages for our page, please?

-Finch

We do need a WMG page. ^_^ I dunno about the other two. Shouldn't we just let them sit for now until someone has something to add and edits them into existence?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
The Finch wrote:Can somebody create the Laconic, Haiku, and WMG pages for our page, please?

-Finch

We do need a WMG page. ^_^ I dunno about the other two. Shouldn't we just let them sit for now until someone has something to add and edits them into existence?

1.We do.
2.A Laconic Page would be interesting.
3.Well, what if one of our clues from the Cat goes on the Haiku page?
The Finch

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion