Creation of the TVTropes Page

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Creation of the TVTropes Page

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Isn't this kind of a WMG forum?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Haiku only makes sense if we have haiku to put in there. Feel free to release your inner poet. Otherwise it's just a useless blank page.

Laconic, yeah, useful:
The ARG launched on TvTropes Wiki by the cast of Echo Chamber in september 2012.
No reason not to do it, but, well... It's laconic.

WMG is also kind of pointless. We'll use it as much as we use the discussion page. And we don't really use the discussion page... So I don't think it's necessary right now, we do all our guessing here on the forum, no need to force yet another tab to be open.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Haiku only makes sense if we have haiku to put in there. Feel free to release your inner poet. Otherwise it's just a useless blank page.

Laconic, yeah, useful:
The ARG launched on TvTropes Wiki by the cast of Echo Chamber in september 2012.
No reason not to do it, but, well... It's laconic.

WMG is also kind of pointless. We'll use it as much as we use the discussion page. And we don't really use the discussion page... So I don't think it's necessary right now, we do all our guessing here on the forum, no need to force yet another tab to be open.

We will just add a bunch of the stranger theories we come up with to the WMG page after the whole thing is over for our own amusement.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Added a Haiku. Should I make it all caps, as if Mr. A were saying it? Also, what do I do on my own page? LOL I've been lurking on TVTropes forever, but never bothered to register, so a lot of this is new to me.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Zup wrote:Added a Haiku. Should I make it all caps, as if Mr. A were saying it? Also, what do I do on my own page? LOL I've been lurking on TVTropes forever, but never bothered to register, so a lot of this is new to me.

Well, if you want it to sound like cAke then you can of course all-caps it. Maybe one of his instantiations is into haiku?

And you can just put some tropes or info about yourself on your page, maybe add a link to the ARG. Your choice :)
RotavatoR

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:36 pm

IN THE WHITE VOID
WE THROW PARTIES TOGETHER
NOBODY ELSE COMES :(
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm

IT'S SO NICE HERE,
BUT CAN'T HANG A DARTBOARD,
AND THAT MAKES ME SAD.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Dryunya wrote:IT'S SO NICE HERE,
AND THAT MAKES ME SAD.

Dryunya wrote:IN THE WHITE VOID

...Well now I feel sorry for Mister A.

Hhe is totally welcome to come have some cake in the coffee room though, if he wants. It may not be a party, but it should be interesting all the same.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:IT'S SO NICE HERE,
AND THAT MAKES ME SAD.

Dryunya wrote:IN THE WHITE VOID

...Well now I feel sorry for Mister A.

Hhe is totally welcome to come have some cake in the coffee room though, if he wants. It may not be a party, but it should be interesting all the same.

Of course it's a party. If you can't enjoy yourself in the midst of a rapture when CAN you enjoy yourself?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 pm

VOID IS ENDLESS,
SO, WHEN THE TOILET GETS CLUGGED,
PLEASE, DON'T PEE STRAIGHT DOWN.
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Can we get one about the Coffee Room and one about the RPG?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 pm

OUR SKIN IS A SUIT,
WHICH IS WHY WE ARE NAKED.
YOU CANNOT UNSEE.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Dryunya wrote:OUR SKIN IS A SUIT,
WHICH IS WHY WE ARE NAKED.
YOU CANNOT UNSEE.

Oh lord, I don't know how he's going to feel about all of these Haikus

Achem

Should you have a job,
Mister Administrator,
Would advise not quitting.

I do not have mad haiku skills. Also yours were actually pretty good, really ;) .
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 pm

I got a little carried away...I added quotes to everyone in the character page except me of course and I also added a few tropes.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Goldude on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Zup wrote:I got a little carried away...I added quotes to everyone in the character page except me of course and I also added a few tropes.

I fixed Hilariously into Comically.
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Krika on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Eh, I kinda like my original A God Am I quote, in the main R+J thread. The one in my thread was me consciously trying to recreate the original, and like most copies isn't as good as the original. It really only works if you're not planning or thinking ahead and just run with your train of thought. Bit like Gurren Lagann (no idea why this parallel occurred to me), as long as you don't think about exactly what you're doing, things end up awesome!

Oh, remembered why Gurren Lagann. Where is the pic of Don wearing Kamina shades that Dryu apparently posted?

EDIT: Changing my sig to the original, don't know why I didn't just do that originally.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Zup wrote:I got a little carried away...I added quotes to everyone in the character page except me of course and I also added a few tropes.

*squees* Thank you!
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Krika on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 pm

And I remembered why I didn't do it. Character limit.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Btw the therapist's quote is boring. Please replace it with something better. I ran out of time with that one. I need to sleep now. It just hit 4 am.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Krika wrote:Where is the pic of Don wearing Kamina shades that Dryu apparently posted?

viewtopic.php?p=8349#p8349
Dryunya

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:19 am

EDIT: nvm, fix'd

Also, are you guys ok with moving all the tropes about the forum to a Just For Fun page? They're not really interesting for people who just wanna know about the ARG.
Last edited by RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RotavatoR

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 am

RotavatoR wrote:

Wait... the quote below my name isn't mine, it's Sicon's :P

Sorry! It's not easy to see who posted what in peoples profiles since it posts quotes as if they were regular posts. :oops: It's fixed now!
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:29 am

Zup wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:

Wait... the quote below my name isn't mine, it's Sicon's :P

Sorry! It's not easy to see who posted what in peoples profiles since it posts quotes as if they were regular posts. :oops: It's fixed now!

Thanks for that :mrgreen:
Dude, I need to say some genius stuff :0
RotavatoR

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 am

IslaKariese wrote:

*squees* Thank you!

Sorry Kariese... I removed the Guy in Real Life trope from your section. Your quote itself says you're not a Guy In Real Life... I thought it way too weird to go Gender Confusion into Samus is a Girl and then have Guy in Real Life there... And it's not like you use a masculine persona to fit the trope description anyway... Should I add it back?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 am

Pixelmage wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:

*squees* Thank you!

Sorry Kariese... I removed the Guy in Real Life trope from your section. Your quote itself says you're not a Guy In Real Life... I thought it way too weird to go Gender Confusion into Samus is a Girl and then have Guy in Real Life there... And it's not like you use a masculine persona to fit the trope description anyway... Should I add it back?

No, I put it there for lulz, I expected someone to take someone to take it off. :gurt:
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion