Creation of the TVTropes Page

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Creation of the TVTropes Page

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:43 am

We should have a Shout Out Page created! We can put Shout Outs for each major Meta-Guard in separate Folders on the page!
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 am

The Finch wrote:We should have a Shout Out Page created! We can put Shout Outs for each major Meta-Guard in separate Folders on the page!

What exactly do you mean :? Do the Meta-Guards have a lot of shout-outs in their stories?
RotavatoR

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:29 am

RotavatoR wrote:
The Finch wrote:We should have a Shout Out Page created! We can put Shout Outs for each major Meta-Guard in separate Folders on the page!

What exactly do you mean :? Do the Meta-Guards have a lot of shout-outs in their stories?

Yes, we do.
The Finch

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:32 am

The Finch wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:

Yes, we do.

Vanity much? Shout Outs by US shouldn't be there... Not really. And the Gurt and guardians don't have that many to justify a whole page.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 am

Yea... With the number of references and Shout Outs I make almost every other post, cataloging them would be impossible.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 am

Sicon112 wrote:Yea... With the number of references and Shout Outs I make almost every other post, cataloging them would be impossible.

Not impossible, just immensely impractical. :ugeek:
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 am

I've created a Just for Fun page for the forum tropes, but its link is not showing up on the main page. Does anyone know why that is?
(It does show up on the list on the right, just not at the top)
RotavatoR

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:51 am

RotavatoR wrote:I've created a Just for Fun page for the forum tropes, but its link is not showing up on the main page. Does anyone know why that is?

Why are you creating even more pages?! T_T
I would think that it needs to be declared to appear... But the way this is going we'll have 50 pages with one trope each... Let the main page grow in size before segmenting it, no?

Besides, not ALL forum tropes would fit on the jff page...
Last edited by Pixelmage on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixelmage

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 am

Pixelmage wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:I've created a Just for Fun page for the forum tropes, but its link is not showing up on the main page. Does anyone know why that is?

I would think that it need to be declared to appear... But the way this is going we'll have 50 pages with one trope each... Let the main page grow in size before segmenting it, no?

I'm sorry >.< I just thought that the tropes about the forum didn't belong on the main page, but that you'd be angry with me if I would delete them altogether.
It's like the big cAke said: https://twitter.com/YouHaveFailedUs/status/256623910349574144
Last edited by RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RotavatoR

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:53 am

RotavatoR wrote:I'm sorry. I just thought that the tropes about the forum didn't belong on the main page, but that you'd be angry with me if I would delete them altogether.

No no no. I'm not angry. It's just that I don't really see a reason to make visitors open even more tabs when you don't even need to scroll the page to read it.
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 am

RotavatoR wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

I would think that it need to be declared to appear... But the way this is going we'll have 50 pages with one trope each... Let the main page grow in size before segmenting it, no?

I'm sorry. I just thought that the tropes about the forum didn't belong on the main page, but that you'd be angry with me if I would delete them altogether.

I actually don't think they are amiss on the main page for now. Just leave them there until the place gets truly huge and we actually need to worry about this.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:57 am

Whoever move the forum tropes, put them back, they're fine where they are.

Don't do big edits like that without mentioning it first.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:57 am

NeverSlender wrote:Whoever move the forum tropes, put them back, they're fine where they are.

Don't do big edits like that without mentioning it first.

Well, he did mention it, but no one was here to tell him they should stay...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 am

Ok, I'll put them back myself :)
Sorry guys, I just remembered this tweet from cAke.
RotavatoR

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 am

Ignore the post I just deleted, I didn't look back far enough, you did say before.

But if you mention something, at least wait for someone to respond before doing it. If no one responds ask again.
Last edited by NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 am

To get back on topic, I have some homework to do right now, but afterwards I'm going to catalog a lot more tropes for our fictioneers. I want to make sure that we're accurately recording info about the characters loose in our world as well as the real people caught up in it all (the therapist, average Joe, etc.) My goal for today is to add significant and meaningful tropes to each character. Anybody who wants to assist is welcome!
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 am

Well, at first I thought you deleted the forum tropes altogether, (and I was like "wut") but then I saw they were moved to Just For Fun. It would be better if you mentioned that in history - I wouldn't have to look it up here. But I think they are fine where they are now.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 am

Zup wrote:To get back on topic, I have some homework to do right now, but afterwards I'm going to catalog a lot more tropes for our fictioneers. I want to make sure that we're accurately recording info about the characters loose in our world as well as the real people caught up in it all (the therapist, average Joe, etc.) My goal for today is to add significant and meaningful tropes to each character. Anybody who wants to assist is welcome!

Would Dr Joan Lawson be a Know Nothing Know It All? I mean she says she's a therapist but she needs our help when it comes to good therapy methods... Or is that the wrong trope?

Dryunya wrote:Well, at first I thought you deleted the forum tropes altogether, (and I was like "wut") but then I saw they were moved to Just For Fun. It would be better if you mentioned that in history - I wouldn't have to look it up here. But I think they are fine where they are now.

Sorry, I usually only do small edits that don't require me to clarify why I edited. I'll think of it from now on :mrgreen:
RotavatoR

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am

Added "Authority in Name Only," "Our Nudity is Different" and "Fun Personified" to Mr. A's entry. Now to move on to Joe...
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Would you mind putting them in alphabetic order as well?
Anyways, I'll help out :)
RotavatoR

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:16 pm

All tropes on any page should be in alphabetical order.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Zup on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Whoops, sorry, still getting used to troping. :oops:
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Zup wrote:Whoops, sorry, still getting used to troping. :oops:

Don't worry, it's my OCD talking. It's not your fault if you haven't been on the site much.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby The Finch on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Zup wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Yea... With the number of references and Shout Outs I make almost every other post, cataloging them would be impossible.

Not impossible, just immensely impractical. :ugeek:

It would be interesting to try though.
The Finch

Postby Nitrogenous Base on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Oh, something I just remembered - should we include a link somewhere to Creepy Doll? I was rewatching WTF, and I nearly wet myself when I rewatched that video with the puppets (we all know the one).
Nitrogenous Base

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion