Creation of the TVTropes Page

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Creation of the TVTropes Page

Postby Zup on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Nitrogenous Base wrote:Oh, something I just remembered - should we include a link somewhere to Creepy Doll? I was rewatching WTF, and I nearly wet myself when I rewatched that video with the puppets (we all know the one).

Actually, I haven't watched it. For that reason. :D The benefits of jumping into the game late.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Zup wrote:
Nitrogenous Base wrote:Oh, something I just remembered - should we include a link somewhere to Creepy Doll? I was rewatching WTF, and I nearly wet myself when I rewatched that video with the puppets (we all know the one).

Actually, I haven't watched it. For that reason. :D The benefits of jumping into the game late.

All we know about them is their name... I can't spell it, but I'm sure it's somewhere in the timeline... We could add them to the Characters page, but what would we add to them as tropes?
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Zup on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 pm

CreepyDoll, obviously! But for real, they aren't players in the game. They were, like Cerberus, a way to get the idea across that fiction was crossing over. I think. Maybe we'll interact with them later.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Zup wrote:

All we know about them is their name... I can't spell it, but I'm sure it's somewhere in the timeline... We could add them to the Characters page, but what would we add to them as tropes?

Creepy Doll, and maybe Pervese Puppet if the "spirits" of the characters possessed the wooden body of the puppet.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Victin wrote:Creepy Doll, and maybe Pervese Puppet if the "spirits" of the characters possessed the wooden body of the puppet.

The problem is, we don't know anything about them... So. Add Creepy Doll to the main page. under Tropes From the ARG... I'm on it. :D

Oh... It's already there. No fun. I didn't get to edit it. :(
Last edited by Pixelmage on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Done.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Dryunya wrote:Done.

Ninja'd me.
Pixelmage

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm

So, I'm guessing we'll be replacing old images of the characters with their 'comic' versions? (I noticed we did for some of them)
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Adell wrote:So, I'm guessing we'll be replacing old images of the characters with their 'comic' versions? (I noticed we did for some of them)

I suggested that a few days ago. Dryu and Sicon were in the case, if I remember well.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Victin wrote:
Adell wrote:So, I'm guessing we'll be replacing old images of the characters with their 'comic' versions? (I noticed we did for some of them)

I suggested that a few days ago. Dryu and Sicon were in the case, if I remember well.

Dryu did actually. You're doing it for the others too?
In any case we should wait for Mr. A's enhanced versions before updating the page.
Pixelmage

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 pm

If you read the Plaza Echo post, you'll see I got way ahead of that. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Dryunya wrote:If you read the Plaza Echo post, you'll see I got way ahead of that. :gurt:

Oh I did. But what about the Witch... Can't we use that page for her image? NEVERMIND! Just refreshed the charater page.
Pixelmage

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Added the return part of the Laconic page. Just need someone to add a way to get the link on.

THANK YOU
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 pm

The Finch wrote:Added the return part of the Laconic page. Just need someone to add a way to get the link on.

Done :gurt:
RotavatoR

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Victin wrote:

Dryu did actually. You're doing it for the others too?
In any case we should wait for Mr. A's enhanced versions before updating the page.

We'll use my images for now, when the echoes come, crop them and upload them to replace them.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:04 pm

And we should add Peter Pan to the characters page.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Query: Should we be putting nicknames under "Fan Nickname"? Technically, we are in the ARG and a part of it, therefore wouldn't it be more appropriate to put the nicknames for the characters under "In Series Nickname"?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Query: Should we be putting nicknames under "Fan Nickname"? Technically, we are in the ARG and a part of it, therefore wouldn't it be more appropriate to put the nicknames for the characters under "In Series Nickname"?

I think unless another PM-run character uses it, it counts as a fan nickname.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Query: Should we be putting nicknames under "Fan Nickname"? Technically, we are in the ARG and a part of it, therefore wouldn't it be more appropriate to put the nicknames for the characters under "In Series Nickname"?

Again, why should it? We are a part of the game. Without players, nothing would happen. We use the names to refer to the characters, and all of the names were created here, by us, while playing our parts. Fan Nickname makes no sense.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Add Peter Pan and Adam Frankenstein to the page.

For now, use the Disney Pan and Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Add Peter Pan and Adam Frankenstein to the page.

We have a picture of Peter: the video Joe posted. We should be able to get a pretty good quality printscreen with that.
JackAlsworth

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:Add Peter Pan and Adam Frankenstein to the page.

We have a picture of Peter: the video Joe posted. We should be able to get a pretty good quality printscreen with that.

True, but we still should switch it to the Comic version once we have his page.
Pixelmage

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:

Again, why should it? We are a part of the game. Without players, nothing would happen. We use the names to refer to the characters, and all of the names were created here, by us, while playing our parts. Fan Nickname makes no sense.

I think I'll side with Sicon on this one. To some extent, what we do is also Canon. True, we can't write the plot, as that is up to the PMs, but our actions are still part of the narrative and if we give a Nickname to some character while playing, then it's an inside thing. I'm for InSeriesNickname.
Pixelmage

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Pixelmage wrote:True, but we still should switch it to the Comic version once we have his page.

I won't dispute that (it'll make the page look more cohesive), I'm just saying, if we have a better picture we should use it.
JackAlsworth

Postby HarDHarKoopa on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Okay, I've been asleep for 15 hours and therefore may have missed this, but is anyone working on character pages for The Cabal? Especially now that we know their individual identities? Or am I an idiot and it's already on the page? Most likely the latter.
"There can't possibly be any meaning in this world. But isn't that wonderful in its own right? Because if there isn't any, we can find our own." -Some anime

And remember: Have fun!
HarDHarKoopa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion