Cake guy

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Cake guy

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:50 pm

I mean this one, not Mr. A. :gurt:

He's one of the other blogs on that domain that seemed to be unrelated. I didn't even tell Mr. A about it, but Crewe has pointed out that he dreamed of Mr. A recently. And it reminded him about cakes. Aw, c'mon. :|
I've tried to engage in some conversation, showing him the Mind Screw video (because it also features the desintegration, which he happened to see as well). He posted a new (again, unrelated) post minutes after.

Just saying, we should keep an eye on the guy. He may have caught our forum from the HTTP referrer field, in which case he is trolling us, but if not, that's pretty interesting. Unlike Tara Coulson, there is at least some connection here.

If he goes on, I'll point Mr. A to him.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Cake guy

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Swedish Chef?

BORK BORK BORK
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:56 pm

OK.... that is seriously weird. Also, HAVE PITY ON THE GUY WITH A JOB! I CAN BARELY KEEP UP WITH YOUR POST SPEED!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Finch on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Do you think that this baker Ascends the fan name?
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:58 pm

RotavatoR wrote:BORK BORK BORK

I lol'd. Thanks for introducing me to that. :lol:

The Finch wrote:Do you think that this baker Ascends the fan name?

Do you mean the one above?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Yes, the Mr. Cake name.
The Finch

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:01 pm

WMG he created mr cake
RotavatoR

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:02 pm

The Finch wrote:Yes, the Mr. Cake name.

Uhh, I'm a bit confused by the meaning. If you mean that he references "Mr. A = Mr. Cake" - yes, he does. Allegedly unwittingly. :gurt:

RotavatoR wrote:WMG he created mr cake

Dude. No. Just No. :|
Dryunya

Postby The Finch on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:05 pm

RotavatoR wrote:WMG he created mr cake

(Slap)

WRONG!
The Finch

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Hehe, sorry. Didn't mean to derail anything ;)
If he is a fictional then it's gonna be a tough one to guess. I don't think there are too many world-famous fictional cake bakers.
RotavatoR

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Oops... I just posted this elsewhere. Sorry, I'm new.

Anyway, here's why I'm sure this blog is relevant:

The last four posts have been referencing characters from the ARG: first Mr. Admin in the CAKE-centric post that started with a dream about him; then a post which itself is unrelated but whose title is clearly referencing Cinderella-- "After midnight, what else could you do with that coach"; then the Belgian waffles post (i.e., Poirot, our Belgian); then the most recent one (which must be on a different time-zone from me, since it says it's posted on tomorrow's date), which mentions both a WITCH's brew and LIMEADE.

There's something here ... but I don't know what we should be looking for, or how to find it.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 pm

It's a code! Crazy theory, but what if the entire site is a CODE?! They are passing messages through it! The posts correspond to actions by characters happening at the same time! What if someone is secretly reporting on what is going on in code through that website?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Sicon112 wrote:It's a code! Crazy theory, but what if the entire site is a CODE?! They are passing messages through it! The posts correspond to actions by characters happening at the same time! What if someone is secretly reporting on what is going on in code through that website?

I was just looking into it. Read my posts on unmasking the cabal. I'm thinking the linked blog is this instead of the manga one, because this one is active.
"Atashi no tameni, shinde kureru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:It's a code! Crazy theory, but what if the entire site is a CODE?! They are passing messages through it! The posts correspond to actions by characters happening at the same time! What if someone is secretly reporting on what is going on in code through that website?

I was just looking into it. Read my posts on unmasking the cabal. I'm thinking the linked blog is this instead of the manga one, because this one is active.

Agreed. Note that every time a character is mentioned via symbolism is a time they are active, such as the coach post coming just before the reveal that Sherlock had seen Cindy. I'm thinking someone in the Cabal could be passing messages between each other through that blog. For example, when the Cindy thing was posted, they started working in NY and located Cindy and were telling each other that she was active. Shortly after, Holmes sees her. See? I'll work on the code in about an hour. I got stuff to do so see you then.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Crewe on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 pm

And the most recent posts are probably about Poirot (isn't he Belgian, or French, or something? Both were mentioned), and the witch.

I wonder what the name's about. "efp"?
Crewe

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Wait... that most recent post (with the witch and limeade references) also uses the word "Frankenstein". A new wall-crosser? Or a red herring?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Crewe wrote:And the most recent posts are probably about Poirot (isn't he Belgian, or French, or something? Both were mentioned), and the witch.

I wonder what the name's about. "efp"?

Poirot's Belgian. He's NOT French, people mistake him to be French because he speaks French.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 am

Crewe wrote:I wonder what the name's about. "efp"?

Experiments in Food Preparation.

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Wait... that most recent post (with the witch and limeade references) also uses the word "Frankenstein". A new wall-crosser? Or a red herring?

WMG: The Cabal will try to pull Frankenstein on Halloween. :?

UPD: I've read it through, and I still have no idea if there is any information beside cryptic mentions of the characters. Also, I have no idea why the Oct 15 post mentions China.

And, by the way, that blog begins way before the ARG. That means 3 possible scenarios:
  1. The Cabal hijacked his blog or recruited the owner.
  2. He belongs to some other party.
  3. He is trolling us. I would discount that version, because all other ezblogs turned out to be related, but then, there's Ben's Manga blog, which wasn't updated over the course of the ARG at all.
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:33 am

There's an easy way to see if he's trolling us-- if Frankenstein comes through any time soon, then we know he's involved somehow. If no Frankenstein... then either he's a troll or that was a red herring.

AAAAND... he just updated his blog again. The first part is all about limeade, which makes me feel like he's trying to catch our attention (or has noticed that we're watching his blog to see if it's connected, and is trying to encourage that).
And the second part of it... Well, I don't recognize the name Sarutobi Sasuke, though from context it appears that's a fictional character. But I think the most important part is that he says he NOW has a knife IMPORTED FROM JAPAN. This on the same day as our update from Gulliver that he and LJS are leaving Japan. Maybe whoever's sending secret messages from this blog has encountered them? Or is just mentioning that they've left.

(But I don't like the implications of him "now having" a great knife from Japan. If this is the cabal, it implies that they're maybe getting LJS on their side.)

Edit: I just looked at the title of the latest post. "Totally flipping out, but not killing anyone." Theory: He's commenting that WE'RE totally flipping out about these connections, but he's "not killing anyone"-- i.e., he's not our enemy. So... maybe we should contact him again?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby NeverSlender on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:39 am

Sarutobi Sasuke is a ninja from Japanese folklore.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Zup on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:53 am

Curiouser and curiouser.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 am

Dryunya wrote:
Crewe wrote:I wonder what the name's about. "efp"?

Experiments in Food Preparation.

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Wait... that most recent post (with the witch and limeade references) also uses the word "Frankenstein". A new wall-crosser? Or a red herring?

WMG: The Cabal will try to pull Frankenstein on Halloween. :?

UPD: I've read it through, and I still have no idea if there is any information beside cryptic mentions of the characters. Also, I have no idea why the Oct 15 post mentions China.

And, by the way, that blog begins way before the ARG. That means 3 possible scenarios:
  1. The Cabal hijacked his blog or recruited the owner.
  2. He belongs to some other party.
  3. He is trolling us. I would discount that version, because all other ezblogs turned out to be related, but then, there's Ben's Manga blog, which wasn't updated over the course of the ARG at all.

Worth the mention: the Monster isn't called Frankenstein.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:57 am

My WMG when I read the title: Sweeney Todd is about to have a fit. :shock:
That guy is like the second Cheshire. I have no idea what to make of him. :evil:
Dryunya

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Theory: There's some sort of code in the recipes included. Otherwise, why include them (he doesn't always)?

Also, looking at the dates of the posts... it is really weird that he follows up on his bacon cake post 6 months later, with nothing in between (after that long, why follow up?).
I skimmed the April post, and while he uses the possibly-relevant phrase "we felt like we were hitting against WALLS", I don't think it's useful (not to mention that it's from April, though apparently some things were being set up by then).
But the follow-up... Either he came back to his blog because he'd been asked (or something) to use it for dropping hints for the ARG, and before he did, he wrote the follow-up so as to tie up loose ends, or ... something else. The six-months-later follow-up feels almost like a retcon, sort of tying his previous post to the newer ones.
And speaking of my theory (above) about the recipes-- what about his substitution key for the bacon cake follow-up? It's all replacing X with Y... could that be some sort of cryptic key for understanding... either his later posts, or something else?
Or am I becoming way too obsessed with cake guy?

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Oh my goodness. I just realized another cake guy connection that's been staring us in the face: Sweeney Todd and meat pies. Especially considering his first post since the ARG was the follow-up to the bacon cake post-- and in that one, he mentioned how the meat pies had been the most popular in the pie competition.

Also, in his "Welcome" post, he says "if you have any ideas on what you want to see me try to make, leave a comment." So maybe we should try contacting him by phrasing our question as a request to make some sort of character-related food.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Next

Return to General Discussion