Cake guy

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Cake guy

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Hate to fuel the paranoia, but since the comments all came in at once it's gonna look suspicious regardless, since they have timestamps. Also, you both have Complexity Addiction on the character page now.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm

It's cool, Scarab. I was just worried about him seeing the pointer before what it points to; but if you've already made both comments, then I think we're good.
Why are we even arguing about a dead fictional dude and hypothetical ninjas?

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:It's cool, Scarab. I was just worried about him seeing the pointer before what it points to; but if you've already made both comments, then I think we're good.

Okay :) (Sorry again I tend to get really ahead of myself when I'm invovled in soemthing like that... we maaaay have gone just the teensiest bit overboard here. You know. Just a tiny bit. :| Oh well, at least it'll make an impression... I guess.

Sicon112 wrote:Hate to fuel the paranoia, but since the comments all came in at once it's gonna look suspicious regardless, since they have timestamps. Also, you both have Complexity Addiction on the character page now.

Well, too late to back out due to paranoia now I guess (and technically we WANT to lead him here, so suspiciousness is probably okay...)

And I noticed. :oops: :lol: Well we've stopped now... I suspect I'll be leaving the crazy complex plans to YOU in the future, but at least we got to leave a breadcrumb trail of our own for once.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Excellent.
I've been refreshing, and your comments just passed moderation.

...Now we wait for him to follow the trail...

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

And he already has an answer! :shock:

UPD: Looks like he didn't get the message, or he did and dismissed it quietly.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Dryunya wrote:And he already has an answer! :shock:

UPD: Looks like he didn't get the message, or he did and dismissed it quietly.

LOL he totally is a PM, he's just not gonna play along. :lol:
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Damn. He claimed he didn't read the examples. Unless he just said that to throw them off his trail...
Back to the drawing board? Or is this a message that we should stop trying to bring him here?

In other news, I've decided to stop using the name of a certain group in posts I don't want them to read, in case their searching the forums for stuff relevant to them.
I highly recommend people edit that group's name out of sensitive posts.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Damn. He claimed he didn't read the examples. Unless he just said that to throw them off his trail...
Back to the drawing board? Or is this a message that we should stop trying to bring him here?
In other news, I've decided to stop using the name of a certain group in posts I don't want them to read, in case their searching the forums for stuff relevant to them.
I highly recommend people edit that group's name out of sensitive posts.

Yes on the PLUS side, I think we're now... fairly sure this guy is a PM :), he's just not going to play along for... whatever reason. Maybe one more comment, just to be sure we can't convince him, maybe? Nudge him towards the very last entry on the Real Life page?

Well there we have it, the result of our long winded and overly complex plan... we added to the pile of evidence that this guy is a PM. Which we were already half convinced of anyway.

I do wish this forum had an emoticon for the Facepalm.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm

One more, very obvious try-- he asked if you could give more details about the spoiled lime cookies.

Can you respond with this?:

You asked how I spoiled my lime cookies, and it's... kind of hard to explain, actually. I know tvtropes can be time-consuming, but I think if you jump to the bottom of the page I linked you to, you'll understand what I mean.

(not subtle enough? I can't come up with anything subtler that he can't just ignore again.)

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:One more, very obvious try-- he asked if you could give more details about the spoiled lime cookies.

Can you respond with this?:

You asked how I spoiled my lime cookies, and it's... kind of hard to explain, actually. I know tvtropes can be time-consuming, but I think if you jump to the bottom of the page I linked you to, you'll understand what I mean.

(not subtle enough? I can't come up with anything subtler that he can't just ignore again.)

I think maybe we NEED a bit less subtle this time. If he gets annoyed with me, or refuses to look, or dismisses it, then we'll know he's a PM for certain at least.There's no WAY he could miss it.

Okay, I'll give it a shot... Edit: done.
Scarab

Postby Replica on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 pm

It is both nice and helpful to disguise our efforts a bit, but it does seem to be the wisest thing to be kind of obvious now. Just point him to the trail of breadcrumbs, to use a terrible comparative.
Replica

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Well, the less-subtle comment is up... no word on if he's seen it.

But I'm removing that non-example on the tvtropes page within the week, one way or another.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Replica on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:33 pm

I think they probably won't mind if we remove it as soon as it has served its purpose.
Replica

Postby Tohrinha on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:53 pm

I hate to spoil the über-complex fun, but isn't it possible that the failed soup was just an indication that Christine hasn't crossed the wall?
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Tohrinha wrote:I hate to spoil the über-complex fun, but isn't it possible that the failed soup was just an indication that Christine hasn't crossed the wall?

Entirely possible.

And the whole Making it vague him was mostly because we were curious as to whether he was trying to give US a message and wanted to keep it hidden from somebody (possibly you know who) which seems to have been... msotly disproven now :( Oh well. It was worth a shot.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Well, time for me to take it down.

He's either telling the truth, or letting us know that there's REALLY no point in pushing further; I'm guessing either it's what he says, or he's a PM but was just letting clues slip through on the blog for laughs, and is telling us that all our suspicion/ paranoia (read: MY suspicion/paranoia) has gotten totally out of hand.

Oh, well.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Well, time for me to take it down.

He's either telling the truth, or letting us know that there's REALLY no point in pushing further; I'm guessing either it's what he says, or he's a PM but was just letting clues slip through on the blog for laughs, and is telling us that all our suspicion/ paranoia (read: MY suspicion/paranoia) has gotten totally out of hand.

Oh, well.

Indeed (although technically it's still not entirely unjustified paranoia. I mean, we are talking the end of the world here.)
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:13 am

Well, Blinus has confirmed that Ben's Manga was his blog... so, apparently, ezblog CAN contain regular blogs. But something's just not clicking. :?
I'll keep following the guy. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:15 am

Well we may not have any leads from this guy but he DID just give me some advice on properly preparing cookie dough that may prevent my dough from spreading and sticking to the silicon (I can NEVER get it right)! So I've gained something from all this, even if it's completely unrelated! :D
Scarab

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 am

Some day I will do the bacon cake. Has anyone done the bacon cake?
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:19 am

agoraoptera wrote:Some day I will do the bacon cake. Has anyone done the bacon cake?

I will. There is no force in the world that can stop me...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:20 am

Sicon112 wrote:
agoraoptera wrote:Some day I will do the bacon cake. Has anyone done the bacon cake?

I too. It is a challenge we MUST rise to... although. I don't know. I can't help but feel we'll be playing with terrible and dangerous forces when we do.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:42 am

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:

I too. It is a challenge we MUST rise to... although. I don't know. I can't help but feel we'll be playing with terrible and dangerous forces when we do.

It just sounds like it could go very wrong, and I refuse to waste bacon.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:47 am

NeverSlender wrote:It just sounds like it could go very wrong, and I refuse to waste bacon.

OK, a valid point. Instead, you should make bacon wrapped shrimp...
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:48 am

Sicon112 wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:It just sounds like it could go very wrong, and I refuse to waste bacon.

OK, a valid point. Instead, you should make bacon wrapped shrimp...

Maybe, but does bacon really need anything with it, other than more bacon?
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion