Opposing force

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Opposing force

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Now that we have failed miserably with that notebook, we have a lot of threats on our hands. And, judging by the voice mails, they all come from different people. Also, the woman said that "they" retrieved the notebook, which means that they are working together. And, well, there are similarities between those threats and Joe's letters.
If we recollect how many letters Joe received... We may be standing against a flippin' army. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Opposing force

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:56 pm

It stands to reason, they can't find Joe, so they threaten anyone else involved.
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
AceOfSpades

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Dryunya wrote:Now that we have failed miserably with that notebook, we have a lot of threats on our hands. And, judging by the voice mails, they all come from different people. Also, the woman said that "they" retrieved the notebook, which means that they are working together. And, well, there are similarities between those threats and Joe's letters.
If we recollect how many letters Joe received... We may be standing against a flippin' army. :?

I estimate the most likely active group size being from 10-30 people, though there could be more less active members. I'll get to creating a profile and incorporating this into my plots.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 pm

The question is, are they fictional or are they like us - folks on this side of the Wall who know who and what the fictites are? And what is their goal? To keep them here? To destroy reality? What would that accomplish, what do they gain?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Could be both, ficitionals and people on this side that don't want people knowing too much.
AceOfSpades

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Dryunya wrote:Now that we have failed miserably with that notebook, we have a lot of threats on our hands. And, judging by the voice mails, they all come from different people. Also, the woman said that "they" retrieved the notebook, which means that they are working together. And, well, there are similarities between those threats and Joe's letters.

Yeah, we've all suspected this for a while. There's like... a bunch of Anti-Metaguards out there, or something.

IslaKariese wrote:The question is, are they fictional or are they like us - folks on this side of the Wall who know who and what the fictites are? And what is their goal? To keep them here? To destroy reality? What would that accomplish, what do they gain?

As AceOfSpaces says; maybe both. Whoever they are they're being mobilised by someone, possibly a highly intelligent fictite villain of some kind, or possibly even a Real World Manipulator. We have no idea of knowing just how many fictionals have managed to make their way into our world, and now that I think on it, we're not even sure exactly how long it's been going on... There could be literally HUNDREDS of them out there, a lot of them are angry at Joe and now, most likely, us...

The questions are: who, why, and how do we get a hold of one of them and find some bleedin' answers already?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Well we already know the why. They're mad at us because we support Joe. The more people that sign up are the more that support him. So in a way we are an army ourselves.
AceOfSpades

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Just a thought, it may be a bit obvious/ already been mentioned, if that's the case ignore it.

What if the cracking of the wall was caused by something on our side? That would mean somebody planned this and wants it to break.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:09 pm

NeverSlender wrote:Just a thought, it may be a bit obvious/ already been mentioned, if that's the case ignore it.

What if the cracking of the wall was caused by something on our side? That would mean somebody planned this and wants it to break.

...Shit.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:10 pm

If that's the case there are three schools of thought: Atoning to our part of it. Preventing further breaks. Or just fight when it does shatter.
AceOfSpades

Postby ree264 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:13 pm

When you think about it, what if there are double crossers, or another secret thing going on behind our backs?
Wake up, Eat Nyan Cat, Surf web for 12 hours, sleep on a goat, repeat
ree264

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 pm

It appears I have increased everyone elses paranoia. Eggsellent...
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:15 pm

ree264 wrote:When you think about it, what if there are double crossers, or another secret thing going on behind our backs?

I think we oughta worry about that when it happens. Spotting a Judas would cause some paranoia.
AceOfSpades

Postby ree264 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Good point, don't want to cause false paranoia, but I'm just throwing it out there
ree264

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 pm

True, but it's not like the Thing where we could just test each other's blood. It's the net even you could be accused of backstabbing.
AceOfSpades

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:19 pm

So what is the goal of the opposing force? Just to mess with us. I mean if they really wanted to hit us hard they could vandalize the the forum or something.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:20 pm

What's to say they haven't thought of that?
AceOfSpades

Postby ree264 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:21 pm

So we just have to trust each other and hope for the best.
ree264

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:What's to say they haven't thought of that?

The spambots are their minions. I need a tinfoil hat emote.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Dryunya on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

We need to use the time-proven approach. I know this question has been asked a million times already, but who could benefit from the collapse of the wall?
...to answer that question, we need to know the exact consequences of the collapse.

I'll ask Mr. A again (but I think he hates me now -_-). If he doesn't give us more information, I don't know how we may get this discussion any further.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

ree264 wrote:So we just have to trust each other and hope for the best.

Exacrtly. We can't be fighting amongst ourselves now, guys, there's too much at stake, especially if something is opposing us.

More work needs to be done into finding out who these people are.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby ree264 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks Dry
ree264

Postby ree264 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:23 pm

So, what should we do now?
ree264

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:24 pm

The better question would be "Who would think they can benefit from the wall?" Mostly people expect one certain outcome to happen when it could be millions divided into good/bad/neutral.
AceOfSpades

Postby ree264 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Exactly Ace, No one benefits, except the one who wanted the wall to break..
ree264

Next

Return to General Discussion