Timelime

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Timelime

Postby Dryunya on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 am

Guys. Srsly. As soon as there's an event, place it into the timeline. I have next to no life, but even I can't be here all day round. You don't have to fill any details - just the event, to preserve the sequence (and the fact that it happened). Details can always be added later - at least I'll know what to look for.
Alrite?
And yes, pun is intended. =D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Re: Timelime

Postby JRPictures on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 am

Dryunya wrote:Guys. Srsly. As soon as there's an event, place it into the timeline. I have next to no life, but even I can't be here all day round. You don't have to fill any details - just the event, to preserve the sequence (and the fact that it happened). Details can always be added later - at least I'll know what to look for.
Alrite?
And yes, pun is intended. =D

Ok I'll be sure to help out whenever I can and yes nice pun. :gurt:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Why is the timeline colorless?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Great question. Oh no, this is going to be a pain in the ass to edit back, isn't it?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Great question. Oh no, this is going to be a pain in the ass to edit back, isn't it?

Can't we just get back a copy from the edit history page?
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:20 pm

??????? The history says that FastEddie just deleted it with no explanation, color key and all. WTF?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Sicon112 wrote:??????? The history says that FastEddie just deleted it with no explanation, color key and all. WTF?

I really hope someone had a copy.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:21 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:??????? The history says that FastEddie just deleted it with no explanation, color key and all. WTF?

I really hope someone had a copy.

Yea... History shows the color key deletion, but it doesn't record the removal of all of the code. Aw sh*t. WTF Fast Eddie?
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Colored text isn't generally allowed on the main wiki. If you want an exception you'll probably have to ask his permission.
JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I think that's because color is usually disabled in the ... where? :? "Main space"? Something along those lines. Now that we moved it to recap, probably... Or did it happen afterwards? I didn't pay attention. =/
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Crap. now the timeline is really hard to follow. There is just too much stuff there for us to deal with otherwise. We should ask for that exception....
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Crap. now the timeline is really hard to follow. There is just too much stuff there for us to deal with otherwise. We should ask for that exception....

So... Have we already decided on who's gonna ask for it?

If FastEddie doesn't agree I myself have a plan B, which will give structure to the page but will be a terrible pain to accomplish. It's basically sorting the events of each day in characters. Those characters will be in the same order every day.

Not too good an explanation, I know >.<
RotavatoR

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 pm

There's a discussion going on in Ask The Tropers about bringing the code back for specific pages. Not looking likely that Eddie's going to yield, though.
JackAlsworth

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Away from the colour subject, sorting each day into a folder could make the timeline easier for anyone looking for a certain days events.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Um... Ctrl+F? :|
Dryunya

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Dryunya wrote:Um... Ctrl+F? :|

Meh, folders would make it look better.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm

NeverSlender wrote:

Aye aye, I'm on it :mrgreen:
Even if we are allowed to use color codes again, folders is a good idea regardless.
This shouldn't take too long... right?
RotavatoR

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

Aye aye, I'm on it :mrgreen:
Even if we are allowed to use color codes again, folders is a good idea regardless.
This shouldn't take too long... right?

:gurt:
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:10 pm

I agree that it is totally necessary to folder SOMETHING in there. Probably by act, since it separates better that way. I see it was already begun with the foldering of the "Setting The Board" section.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Whew... It doesn't even sound like a word anymore
folder folder folder
:shock:
Anyways, take a look, guys :geek:
RotavatoR

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:46 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Whew... It doesn't even sound like a word anymore
folder folder folder

Nice job. That should make things much simpler.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:47 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Whew... It doesn't even sound like a word anymore
folder folder folder

*Nods approvingly*

It looks much better now.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 pm

I like it. Added a couple things at the top to enhance readability a tad.
JackAlsworth

Postby RotavatoR on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:I like it. Added a couple things at the top to enhance readability a tad.

Oh, right >.< Foldercontrol, forgot about that :P
Anywho, I have not read that discussion about color codes, but from what I hear it sounds like it could go on forever. Any ideas on how to un-messify the stuff inside the folders?
RotavatoR

Postby Dryunya on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Bump. For the next several days, starting today, I'll be badly out of sync again. Somebody watch the timeline for now.
DONT. SCREW. UP. Our descendants shall thank you for this. :D
Dryunya

Next

Return to General Discussion