Mr. A

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Mr. A

Postby WackyMeetsPractical on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:55 am

Awesome video. But I can't be mad at A. After all, he was just being curious. Tearing things a part to learn how they work is just something people do (mostly scientists and children). As for lying to us about it, I really can't fault him. It'd be a lot harder to get people to work with him if they knew that he was the one that doomed us all. In the end, it didn't really matter. We managed to repair the wall regardless, and he has been very helpful in that regard. I respect him, and I even trust him, even if that means that I trust him to lie to us every once in a while.
If everyone would just agree with me, there would never be any problems.
User avatar
WackyMeetsPractical
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: Mr. A

Postby Dryunya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:As for lying to us about it, I really can't fault him. It'd be a lot harder to get people to work with him if they knew that he was the one that doomed us all.

I disagree. We would have to follow him anyway - if he said "Uh, guys, I accidentally the fourth wall and you'll all die if you don't help me fix it", we'd have to fix it, right?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
User avatar
Dryunya
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Mr. A

Postby Flitterbie on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 pm

WackyMeetsPractical wrote:But I can't be mad at A. After all, he was just being curious. Tearing things a part to learn how they work is just something people do (mostly scientists and children).

Yes, but scientists and children generally don't break things that they don't know how to fix, especially if breaking it could lead to the breakdown of reality.
User avatar
Flitterbie
 
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: Mr. A

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Dryunya wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:As for lying to us about it, I really can't fault him. It'd be a lot harder to get people to work with him if they knew that he was the one that doomed us all.

I disagree. We would have to follow him anyway - if he said "Uh, guys, I accidentally the fourth wall and you'll all die if you don't help me fix it", we'd have to fix it, right?


Pretty much

I mean, being humans, I guess it would be hypocritical of us to blame somebody for letting their curiosity get the better of them (this does not, of course, mean that events such as say for example, Chernobyl were not stupid errors, but... well to err is human). It's not that which is the problem so much as how he behaved AFTERWARDS. I'm angry, sure, as are a lot of us, but I think for most of us it's NOT about the fourth wall. I'm angry because he treated us like tools, while using our fear of what might happen against us. That sounds like a number of less than pleasant bad guy factions I could name...

We are not tools. We are not the clean up crew. And people can't really give me that whole 'oh but he didn't understand human morality blue vs. orange thing amdthats why he sounds like a jerk in the final video' because he clearly understood enough to know he could manipulate us by LYING to us, and he chose that method above anything honest. Also just LOOK at how he behaves in that video, the smirking, the general smugness... he's gotten what he wanted from us, at no cost to hismelf, and there's no way he didn't understand he was being a total dick there. No way.

So in short... I probably would have still helped Mister A even if I'd known from the start that the wall falling was caused by him because at best we wouldn't have a choice. If he'd been honest with us from the start there'd be a lot less ill feeling buzzing around now. if he'd told us from the start it was their fault I would've been basically "...well that was stupid of you, okay fine, now how do we fix the mess you just caused?" Besides, if he's human enough to make mistakes and try to deal with the cosnequences then he's close enough to human to understand how his behaviour looks.

As for the rebellion... well, there are always two sides (at least) to everything, and given that they have clearly been being ruthlessly reincorporated into him (yes it may NOT technically be death but their panic and behaviour when it becomes a possibility sure makes it feel that way - that seeems like genuine fear to me) every time one of them learns something about human feelings or activities or any kind of lesson at all? They get neutralised. Mister A strikes me as 'the big guy up top' uncaring for those below and just not giving anybody the due consdieration they deserve. I don't blame the rebels for doing what they're doing.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Mr. A

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:45 am

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:
WackyMeetsPractical wrote:As for lying to us about it, I really can't fault him. It'd be a lot harder to get people to work with him if they knew that he was the one that doomed us all.

I disagree. We would have to follow him anyway - if he said "Uh, guys, I accidentally the fourth wall and you'll all die if you don't help me fix it", we'd have to fix it, right?


Pretty much

I mean, being humans, I guess it would be hypocritical of us to blame somebody for letting their curiosity get the better of them (this does not, of course, mean that events such as say for example, Chernobyl were not stupid errors, but... well to err is human). It's not that which is the problem so much as how he behaved AFTERWARDS. I'm angry, sure, as are a lot of us, but I think for most of us it's NOT about the fourth wall. I'm angry because he treated us like tools, while using our fear of what might happen against us. That sounds like a number of less than pleasant bad guy factions I could name...

We are not tools. We are not the clean up crew. And people can't really give me that whole 'oh but he didn't understand human morality blue vs. orange thing amdthats why he sounds like a jerk in the final video' because he clearly understood enough to know he could manipulate us by LYING to us, and he chose that method above anything honest. Also just LOOK at how he behaves in that video, the smirking, the general smugness... he's gotten what he wanted from us, at no cost to hismelf, and there's no way he didn't understand he was being a total dick there. No way.

So in short... I probably would have still helped Mister A even if I'd known from the start that the wall falling was caused by him because at best we wouldn't have a choice. If he'd been honest with us from the start there'd be a lot less ill feeling buzzing around now. if he'd told us from the start it was their fault I would've been basically "...well that was stupid of you, okay fine, now how do we fix the mess you just caused?" Besides, if he's human enough to make mistakes and try to deal with the cosnequences then he's close enough to human to understand how his behaviour looks.

As for the rebellion... well, there are always two sides (at least) to everything, and given that they have clearly been being ruthlessly reincorporated into him (yes it may NOT technically be death but their panic and behaviour when it becomes a possibility sure makes it feel that way - that seeems like genuine fear to me) every time one of them learns something about human feelings or activities or any kind of lesson at all? They get neutralised. Mister A strikes me as 'the big guy up top' uncaring for those below and just not giving anybody the due consdieration they deserve. I don't blame the rebels for doing what they're doing.


I'm starting to have doubts about Prime.

At some times he seems almost like a tyrant...like a dictator. A ruthless one. He even wiped out one of his instantiations for merely having fun. He uses us as pawns and attempted to mislead us at times. He regards us as merely tools: Hammers, Screwdrivers, Wrenches, Saws, Paintbrushes, Welding Torches, Glue Guns, Pliers, Tongs, Crowbars, Jackhammers, Bulldozers, Demolition Balls.

And, WHO summoned Cthulhu, really? Was he going by himself? Or was someone else summoning him on purpose?

He smashed the Wall for science? What if he intended to let things loose?

It was an experiment? What were you exactly doing, Prime?

And finally....there's something not right about him. In the videos.

His face is always in shadow. He almost never smiles. Sinister, eerie music plays in the background. And his eyes....in the last video, I looked at them. They look rather.....scary. He almost looks like Tom Riddle.
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: Mr. A

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Basically, we were forced to follow A anyway.
My issue is with being tricked. I see why he didn't tell us the truth, mainly because we were more malleable if we were unaware OF the truth, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he willingly kept valuable information away from us.

so, yeah. If there is a continuing arc with the rebels and A, if I can be involved, I will be. :twisted:
User avatar
eli_gone_crazy
 
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Mr. A

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 am

eli_gone_crazy wrote:Basically, we were forced to follow A anyway.
My issue is with being tricked. I see why he didn't tell us the truth, mainly because we were more malleable if we were unaware OF the truth, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he willingly kept valuable information away from us.

so, yeah. If there is a continuing arc with the rebels and A, if I can be involved, I will be. :twisted:


Try not to pick any unnecessary and/or detrimental fights, 'kay? That's my job. ^^
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
User avatar
Endless Sea
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Mr. A

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Endless Sea wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:Basically, we were forced to follow A anyway.
My issue is with being tricked. I see why he didn't tell us the truth, mainly because we were more malleable if we were unaware OF the truth, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he willingly kept valuable information away from us.

so, yeah. If there is a continuing arc with the rebels and A, if I can be involved, I will be. :twisted:


Try not to pick any unnecessary and/or detrimental fights, 'kay? That's my job. ^^


Heeeere we go again. :lol:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron