Mr. A

This is for anything related to on-topic WTF discussion.

Re: Mr. A

Postby screenstorming on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Dryunya wrote:Laconic: Dude, Epileptic Trees.

Exactly. That, or, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IKnewIt

We can just assume Mr. A is A-Okay, or keep him on his hypocritical toes, and maybe reinvent the game in the process. :D

How it can play out depends a lot on how people want to play it. If everyone sided with Mr. A against the Cabal, it would be simple. If everyone turned against him, who knows what would happen. But it's more complex than that if you really think of it as a morally challenging game, rather than a "cross these items off the list" game.
screenstorming

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 am

I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:37 am

Perhaps he's as conflicted as us. My theory is that the instantiations are starting to have radically different view points perhaps? Either way, it probably isn't a good thing :S
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JRPictures on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 am

Adell wrote:

Perhaps he's as conflicted as us. My theory is that the instantiations are starting to have radically different view points perhaps? Either way, it probably isn't a good thing :S

Yep this doesn't sound good

Update:

He looks fine so far based on this: https://twitter.com/YouHaveFailedUs/sta ... 9299419136
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.twwf.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:33 am

Or so he says. It's Probably Nothing? My ass. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:53 am

Scarab wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Perhaps nothing bad will happen to us if the fourth wall is destroyed, but Mr. Administrator could die from it.

Hm... I dunno it definitely seems to have an active effect on our world, at least, but this would certainly explain why he's so personally invested in it (then again, it IS his job to protect the wall, so it just as likely comes down to that.)

We've all been more worried about you know, reality collapsing in on itself, but now I'm wondering what will happen to all of the Instantations if the Wall Falls?

They start falling for no random reason like dominoes.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:03 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
Scarab wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:Perhaps nothing bad will happen to us if the fourth wall is destroyed, but Mr. Administrator could die from it.

Hm... I dunno it definitely seems to have an active effect on our world, at least, but this would certainly explain why he's so personally invested in it (then again, it IS his job to protect the wall, so it just as likely comes down to that.)

We've all been more worried about you know, reality collapsing in on itself, but now I'm wondering what will happen to all of the Instantations if the Wall Falls?

They start falling for no random reason like dominoes.

...Aloof, Pyro, but potentially quite correct. I wonder what's going on there right now... something, that's for sure.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 am

Scarab wrote:
...Aloof, Pyro, but potentially quite correct. I wonder what's going on there right now... something, that's for sure.

Yes.

They realize their suits are getting rather tattered lately. A few threads lose on a sleeve, or the shirt has slightly more holes in it that usual. Then one day a very unfortunate instantation's jacket unraveled.

Then there are the random injuries. You are recording results on a clipboard when suddenly you bend down in pain and realize you now have a permanant limp.

Finally, there is the electricity that crackles around your neck,getting slightly bigger every day.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Scarab on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:07 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Yes.

They realize their suits are getting rather tattered lately. A few threads lose on a sleeve, or the shirt has slightly more holes in it that usual. Then one day a very unfortunate instantation's jacket unraveled.

Then there are the random injuries. You are recording results on a clipboard when suddenly you bend down in pain and realize you now have a permanant limp.

Finally, there is the electricity that crackles around your neck,getting slightly bigger every day.

Ohkaaaay now you're scaring me. I reeeeally don't want to think about various bits of the Instantation collective slowly dying :cry:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Blurred_9L on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

I was thinking something more like one of the instantiations started supporting the Cabal. That would be a cause of concern for him, wouldn't it?
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:39 am

I have to wonder... He expressed confusion at my actions, getting a wall piece and then the next day getting one of the Cabal's Echoes. Perhaps there are some differences in how instantiations view me and my actions after that. And maybe those differences gave rise to bigger, more important differences.

Because clearly, whatever's going on, there's no way it's not all about me. ;)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby screenstorming on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Adell wrote:

I agree, on some level, there's conflict, "at the center" and/or between instantiations. They have a lot to consider and interpret, just like us.

Even if Mr. A isn't human, he's likely susceptible to a Battle in the Center of the Mind: "For those on the outside, it's usually obvious that the character is Fighting from the Inside."

If the instantiations have some level of personal autonomy, as they seem to, it poses even more questions for their own decisions-of-the-moment, and the overall story Mr. A is trying to sell.

Another challenge is that Mr. A sees things in very black-and-white/I'm-always-right terms, even to the point of Black and White Insanity. Meanwhile, he must juggle ongoing conflict between absolute confidence in his plan, and panic over the threats against it. The metaguards are set up to take the blame if Mr. A's plans don't work out, even as there may be more than one path to a desirable and/or less-undesirable outcome for various parties.

There are potentially layers upon layers of Gambit Pileups in play here, if not a Betrayal Pileup.

On that note, check out this video, to help put things in perspective:

A pile of gambits going upward [2m]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZhi53c4KG4
"This is what happened when I go on TV Tropes. So blame that."
screenstorming

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:28 am

I gave Mr. A The Giant trope, for Administrator Prime.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:25 pm

We may get some new information about Mr. Administrator soon, if Joe's latest post is anything to go by.

Although I find it hard to believe that Edward's messing about could have messed up all the websites that went down at that time.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby S_o_S on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:23 am

Meta: Probably just a Hand Wave.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Flitterbie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm

New video. And from the looks of it, final video.

So, this was all Mr. A's fault. And then he made us go pick up his mess.

Jerk.
Flitterbie

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Flitterbie wrote:New video. And from the looks of it, final video.

Jerk.

Thanks for summing that up, I can't access YouTube at the moment.

*ahem*

THAT ASSHAT

NEW NICKNAME FOR THE ADMINS: MASTER XEHANORT
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Flitterbie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Endless Sea wrote:

Jerk.

*ahem*

THAT ASSHAT

Oh come on, that's not...

Oh my God, he IS Xehanort.
Flitterbie

Postby Victin on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:19 pm

My mind is screwed, but I feel the end of the video as a CMOA, since they used our music and stuff.

EDIT: And CMOF too: Ctulthu being water, furnace and a door.
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby Flitterbie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Victin wrote:My mind is screwed, but I feel the end of the video as a CMOA, since they used our music and stuff.

Cthulhu is incomprehensible. He can be anything, he can be nothing, and he can certainly be a door.
Flitterbie

Postby Victin on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Flitterbie wrote:
Victin wrote:My mind is screwed, but I feel the end of the video as a CMOA, since they used our music and stuff.

Cthulhu is incomprehensible. He can be anything, he can be nothing, and he can certainly be a door.

... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Limes for you, Flitterbie :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: Limes! :gurt: :gurt: :gurt: :gurt:
"Well an idiot pokes the thing with his fingers. A scientist gets someone else's fingers."
Victin

Postby SuperKing93 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Wait, William Hung was associated with the ARG?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaK_FgrIlYY
SuperKing93

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Flitterbie wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:

Jerk.

*ahem*

THAT ASSHAT

Oh come on, that's not...

Oh my God, he IS Xehanort.

IT IS NOW CANON

AHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.

RP news: Power Play and Sunset Drift are open for business! Bound by Faith may need a while to finish, though.
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Flitterbie wrote:

That's going straight to the quotes, when we make those... :D

Now, my obligatory list:
  1. I want to punch Prime in the face. Not the instantiations, because they didn't seem to like his decision either. That was the only time he actually lied to us, but oh boy was that a lie!
  2. The credits made me lol. Discussing them is a matter of a separate thread. :gurt:
  3. Ed is awesome. He hacked into the freaking Void.
  4. The ending theme is the bonsusest. I regret not having contributed sooo much. :cry:
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Okay I think we can all agree that this last video was FANTASTIC. I'm not at all surprised to learn that Mr. Administrator broke the wall out of curiosity. I'm somewhat angry that he lied to us directly about it, but I actually don't hold it against him. And, as has been noted, the instantiations are not responsible, it was Prime's decision, and my anger is directed entirely at him.

But I am still a huge fan of Mr. Administrator and would gladly clean up another of his messes. Not that I want him to break the wall again or anything, I'd just be perfectly willing to come to his service again if needed. But I definitely want him to be more straightforward and honest. I'll get upset if with him if he isn't.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion